PDA

View Full Version : Audi Future starts 2010.

The Pretender
April 1st, 2008, 21:35
German text.

Die Übernahmepläne bei Porsche für Volkswagen konkretisieren sich. Angeblich will Porsche Mitte nächsten Jahres die Aktienmehrheit bei VW erwerben. Zur Finanzierung sollen die Marken Lamborghini, Seat und Skoda veräußert werden. An Seat hat angeblich bereits Tata Motors Interesse bekundet, die so nach der Übernahme von Jaguar und Land Rover die Lücke zwischen Ober- und Kleinwagenklasse schließen wollen. Für die beiden anderen Marken werden wohl noch Käufer gesucht. Lamborghini könnte aber an den Fiat-Konzern gehen.

In diesem Rahmen soll allerdings auch die Modellpalette im Gesamtkonzern gestrafft werden. Audi wird sich von seinen Sportwagen verabschieden und sich auf Limousinen und Kompaktwagen konzentrieren müssen, da interne Konkurrenz zu den Porsche-Modellen und damit verbundene Kanibaliserungseffekte vermieden werden sollen. So sollen der R8 und der TT aus dem Sortiment gestrichen werden. Was den TT betrifft, so werden der VW Scirocco nach oben und die Porsche Cayman und Boxster nach unten motorentechnisch abgerundet. Der R8 entfällt wahrscheinlich ersatzlos. Eventuell wird man aber doch die 12-Zylinder-Diesel-Variante realisieren. In Györ könnte dann ab 2010 der Cayman produziert werden.

Tja, es sieht so aus, als ob sich der Slogan für den TT schneller bewahrheiten sollte als angenommen. "Der TT - ein Klassiker der Zukunft." Die Zukunft scheint, so wie es aussieht, schon 2010 zu beginnen.

Jarod.

pampas
April 1st, 2008, 22:39
You mean:

"The takeover plans at Porsche for Volkswagen concrete. Apparently, Porsche middle of next year, the majority of shares in VW. To finance the brands should Lamborghini, Seat and Skoda sold. An allegedly Seat has already expressed interest Tata Motors, the so after the takeover of Jaguar and Land Rover the gap between upper and lower class close. For the other two brands will probably still sought buyers. Lamborghini could but to the Fiat Group.

Within this framework, but also the range of the Group has tightened. Audi comes from its sports cars to adopt and sedans and compact cars must concentrate, because internal competition with the Porsche models and associated Kanibaliserungseffekte are to be avoided. Thus, the R8 and the TT deleted from the range. As for the TT, it will be the VW Scirocco up and the Porsche Boxster and Cayman motorentechnisch rounded down. The R8 is likely replacement. Maybe there will be but the 12-cylinder diesel variant realize. In Gyor could then from 2010, the Cayman produced.

Well, it looks as if the slogan for the TT should materialize faster than anticipated. "The TT - a classic of the future." The future seems, as it seems, have to start 2010."

ZeroCool
April 2nd, 2008, 13:29
Interesting article...

I yesterday talked to Michael Dick - Head of Technical Development ... and asked him about this thing...what will happen to AUDI?

He said, that he don't see any problems in that case because AUDI for a long time has cooperation with Porsche...he mentioned the RS2 ... the ceramic brakes which AUDI developed together with Porsche....the DSG .... also now Porsche is interested into AUDI Diesel Engines...and so on - in his oppinion there is no problem for AUDI

I'm not sure about this article....

AndyBG
April 2nd, 2008, 13:40
I really don't like what I see..., I would love VAG to stay big and powerfull...

ZeroCool
April 2nd, 2008, 13:47
Sure - Michael Dick - also if he know's something (which he does - i'm sure) he won't tell me ... but i asked him - because i wanted to know and see his reaction

p.s. afterwards i was able to sit in the R8 and start the Engine of it - wonderful - the only thing i did not is driving it :(
But anyway it was a wonderful evening ;)

KresoF1
April 2nd, 2008, 13:58
BTW, did you look aT recent ELSA? Still 386kw as we talked about?

ZeroCool
April 2nd, 2008, 14:00
sorry, i did not - i'll do it today or tomorrow - i'll give you a PM ;)

AndyBG
April 2nd, 2008, 14:02
Check this...

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?p=127526#post127526

Marv
April 2nd, 2008, 15:02
I can't believe this article is too true.

For me the main reason Porsche ties up with VAG is to pool average CO2 emissions in Europe. If Porsche cannot find someone to pool with it will probably be unable to continue selling cars in Europe because the sales penalties will be too high. (Average CO2 per manufacturer 120g/km by 2012, penalty of EUR95 per g/km over this has been proposed)

Porsche and VW/Audi, as has been said, have co-operated on many things past and present (924, 944, RS2, dual clutch for race series, Cayenne/Q7/Toureg, TDi for Cayenne, possible chassis sharing in next gen Boxster/Cayman).

Audi is a cash cow for VW and Porsche. A3, A4 make huge amount of cash and have no direct competition in Porsche.
In UK the TT also makes a huge amout and I don't think it competes directly with the Boxster/Cayman as it is generally a softer car - Porsche would be mad to kill it, people would buy Z4, SLK not Boxster.

I really don't think Audi has anything to worry about with closer ties to Porsche.

Randy M
April 2nd, 2008, 19:00
I don't trust Porsche after they consulted w/ Toyota and revamped their manufacturing process. After that the watered down 996 came out, Cayenne, Boxter and their profit went through the roof, and quality went down. The option list is quite long, far longer than it ever used to be. They charge extra for everything. If Porsche sees any competition to their cars imo they will axe any project Audi has going, provide less R&D dollars etc. Going forward I'm worried that Audi quality, fit and finish may go downhill because of Porsche.

chewym
April 3rd, 2008, 02:25
Lambo should be scared. I would like VW to keep Lambo.

Where is Porsche getting all of the money for VW shares? Who is Porsche buying the shares from?

One thing that concerns me is that Porsche has gotten tons of technology from VW but nothing has gone back the other way.

Audiphile
April 3rd, 2008, 19:04
I have my doubts about this article. I really do not think Porsche is stupid enough (unless there ego is bigger than their collective brain) would kill an iconic car like the TT nor the very successful R8. They would damage Audi for their own ego boosting sake. No one is likely to switch to the Boxster anyway. I know I would not. The Boxster looks low quality to start with. If all brands are making money and are expanding as is the case with the VAG, then why sell or kill them. Porsche is a very low volume selling brand who cannot afford to dump brands if it is to maintain future viability. Moving the Scirroco upscale doesn't mean it equals the TT. Nor does the argument hold that the S3 is not sold in the US because it would cannibalize GTI sales. I for one would never be interested in a GTI, but would snap up the S3 immediately. The powers that be at Porsche are a bit delusional. Fine, no R4 - not needed, but stop the TT?! Porsche - you are truely stupid if this is your strategy! :doh: I'll switch to Merc if Porsche damages Audi in anyway.

These rumors are not good for Audi in terms of PR. Porsche should stop them now as they are sure to cause uncertainity among Audi employees, etc.

Ellden
April 8th, 2008, 20:31
It could just be that people or audi-fans are overreacting a bit...
...but that's obvious since Audi has become more popular then ever before.

But i tend to disagree that Porsche will kill off our beloved brand! The fact is that Porsche has more money than it had a few years ago. By expanding they managed to increase profits and production a lot. I doubt it that Porsche would limit the output of RS-like Audi's in the future. My reason for thinking is that the limit of engineperformance is at it's top. Even smaller carmanufacturers are able to give any model a lot of HPs. The trick has changed from more performance to an enviromental-goal. With new upcomming eco-laws collaboration between these companies can lead too different solution that eventually could complement eachother. Think in ways of a hybrid turbo/supercharged engine or so...

My guess is that Porsche will use Audi as it is and benefit from the technology gained in racing and it's mass production techniques(engine/bodywork/etc.) Together they should be able to defeat the evil Co2-bugs :race:

TooFastForYou
April 17th, 2008, 02:05
.....I'm not sure about this article....

Du solltest mal öfter im TT-Forum vorbei schauen :D

Have a look at the date of the posting (April 1st) :lovl:

http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/produktionsstopp-2010-t1776529.html

Greez - TFFY

ZeroCool
April 17th, 2008, 11:21
ok ok ;)

as i said before i was not sure :D