PDA

View Full Version : RS4,M3,IS-F,C 63 AMG autoexpress test

KK265
March 31st, 2008, 19:29
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/grouptests/219642/lexus_isf_vs_rivals.html

Leadfoot
March 31st, 2008, 20:53
Sounds like a close run thing. The RS4 can hold it's head high among much younger cometition.

HKS786
March 31st, 2008, 21:55
Sounds like a close run thing. The RS4 can hold it's head high among much younger cometition.

...and still look good doing it! The RS4 still looks so fresh and aggressive. The only clue that the car has aged is the interior, everything else looks so good and still catches my eye when I see it on the road.

MR USER
April 1st, 2008, 08:18
That is sooo true! May be is because I am in love with the car but to me is still a big time head turner!

Leadfoot
April 1st, 2008, 09:55
I'm wondering what they will do with the RS5, I can't see the same wide spats making the same impact as they did on the RS4, the A5 shell is already a board beast and much more width will only make her hard to thread through narrow country roads.

I might be wrong but I'm expecting subtle work to be done at the wheel arches and sill but may get different treatment at the nose and tail to help separate it from it's lesser models.

Back to the article, the C63 is not the car I would have placed first, it fact third behind the RS4 and M3 would be more like the thing.

13urt
April 1st, 2008, 12:50
I know that looks are not the most important factor of cars like these, and the driving feel you get from the car can really help you to decide what car you want to own,,, but IMO the rear of the M3 isnt very nice, and the interior isnt to my liking either..
The lexus is just plain ugly and the merc.. well its a merc, need i say anymore..
Audi RS4 all the way:rs4kiss:

Mark'sRS4
April 1st, 2008, 14:01
Sort of odd how they pick the Merc to be 1st, yet most of the narrative that describes it is somewhat negative.

Randy M
April 1st, 2008, 18:22
I'm wondering what they will do with the RS5, I can't see the same wide spats making the same impact as they did on the RS4, the A5 shell is already a board beast and much more width will only make her hard to thread through narrow country roads.

I might be wrong but I'm expecting subtle work to be done at the wheel arches and sill but may get different treatment at the nose and tail to help separate it from it's lesser models.

I'd like to see boxed fenders on the car. Hopefully to get rid of the wavy sideline that imo detracts from the design of the car.

Leadfoot
April 1st, 2008, 21:54
I'd like to see boxed fenders on the car. Hopefully to get rid of the wavy sideline that imo detracts from the design of the car.

Sure, but they will have to be subtle. The S5's track is already close on 2.5 inches more than an M3, more width means a more stable car but harder to thread through narrow roads.

Who here wants an Autobahn express over a B-road bruiser.

HKS786
April 1st, 2008, 22:01
Sure, but they will have to be subtle. The S5's track is already close on 2.5 inches more than an M3, more width means a more stable car but harder to thread through narrow roads.

Who here wants an Autobahn express over a B-road bruiser.

Yeah you're absolutely right about the wider track. Obviously the RS5 will shine with it's Quattro system but if the track is too wide it will be pointless in narrow roads and tights corners.

The RS6
April 1st, 2008, 23:28
I took this picture today, it's a picture of the IS-F's tailpipes! They are actually floating in the air...

Very silly & ricer looking...

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/1167/dsc02801dd6.jpg

Randy M
April 2nd, 2008, 00:26
Yeah that new Lexus is fugly but w/ the fake stacked tips puts the car over the top as the one not to get.

Chuvips
April 2nd, 2008, 19:02
RS4 is the only car with 4WD. If you don't have 4WD you should forget about any driving pleasure in winter in Moscow: A4 1.8T quattro will be faster than M3!

artur777
April 3rd, 2008, 00:06
RWD cars are also could be fast enough.
Of course AWD is faster in winter.

BTW, A4 1.8T is FWD only?

AndyBG
April 3rd, 2008, 02:22
B7 RS 4 is just perfect, and as time goes by that is more and more clear. Owners of it are VERY happy people. :D

... A4 1.8T is FWD only?

There is 1.8 T quattro (B5, B6, B7...)