PDA

View Full Version : S5 Dsg?!

pampas
March 29th, 2008, 04:40
Read this link here! (http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/219657/audi_s5.html)

"In the latest issue of evo, (issue 117, on sale 2 April) John Barker explains the mysteries of today's myriad gearbox designs. And now there's another: a new seven-speed, longitudinally-mounted DSG unit launched in the Audi S5.
Sport mode speeds the shifts (to 100 milliseconds from 200), livens up the kickdown and locks out seventh gear"

The DSG was 8 milliseconds fast, now it went up to 100ms??? That's weird .. sounds more like the ZF tiptronic(that's also in 335i, same ms times) more than a S-Tronic/DSG.

What do you guys think?

PeterJohn
March 29th, 2008, 05:13
Because of the metric system? (guess the quote)

Perhaps he means downshift?

Typo?

I dunno. :brag:

Rage
March 29th, 2008, 16:01
I'd like to know how it improves acceleration and whether there will be a 'surge' on shifting.

JaXx
March 29th, 2008, 16:10
Because of the metric system? (guess the quote)

Perhaps he means downshift?

Typo?

I dunno. :brag:

pulp fiction of course :)

Leadfoot
March 29th, 2008, 17:53
Read this link here! (http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/219657/audi_s5.html)

"In the latest issue of evo, (issue 117, on sale 2 April) John Barker explains the mysteries of today's myriad gearbox designs. And now there's another: a new seven-speed, longitudinally-mounted DSG unit launched in the Audi S5.
Sport mode speeds the shifts (to 100 milliseconds from 200), livens up the kickdown and locks out seventh gear"

The DSG was 8 milliseconds fast, now it went up to 100ms??? That's weird .. sounds more like the ZF tiptronic(that's also in 335i, same ms times) more than a S-Tronic/DSG.

What do you guys think?

I think there is a bit of crossed data in this EVO magazine. The S5 with TipTronic 6speed will perform shifts in 100ms, down from the 200ms of the old TipTronic. DSG 7speed will shift in 30ms according to WCF and other sources.

DSG maybe performing the actual shift in 8ms but the total process takes 30ms. :thumb:

PeterJohn
April 1st, 2008, 22:10
pulp fiction of course :)

Een elektrisch biertje voor jouw: :cheers:

The Pretender
April 1st, 2008, 22:45
He' lage landen taal. :jlol:

Jarod.