PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy a 07 RS4 now or wait for the next one

Tony Lam
March 26th, 2008, 13:35
thinking of buying a 2007 RS4 next week.....just want to know that when will its next generation come out? Please let me know if there are any resources on this. I don't want it to depreciate sharply as soon as I buy it.:vgrumpy:

PetrolDave
March 26th, 2008, 13:55
You'll have a LONG wait for the next RS4 - even if there is a B8 RS4 don't expect it before 2011 or 2012.

Since RS4 (saloon/sedan and avant) deliveries stopped in the UK prices have firmed, and according to some started to rise slightly.

Randy M
March 26th, 2008, 18:06
Hope it pans out the same way here in the US.

Steven Shiu
March 27th, 2008, 04:14
Tony,

You have to wait for a long time for next RS4. Buy it now and enjoy the fun.
:applause: :applause:

victor2vt
March 27th, 2008, 11:59
You can pick up an 07 RS4 either here
www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales (http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales)
look under RS4 section
or
www.audi.co.uk (http://www.audi.co.uk)
where all the dealers have them listed.

I must say I looked around and found the best cars were sold very quickly !!! They are very good news to the dealers.

I eventually bought a 57 plate saloon in sprint blue, only 22 made in that coulour in 2007,this was one of the last,that had just come onto the audi website without a picture, I asked them to hold it for 24 hours and I went down the next day and bought it as I had missed so many before and finding one in your colour and your desired spec isn't easy.

One other point, 2007 RS4:rs4kiss: cars can be bought for "around" the 45k to 49k mark, the new RS6 Avant is over 70k I know what i'd rather have.

Good luck and watch out for imported cars !!

victor2vt
March 27th, 2008, 16:34
Tony,

I'm very sorry.....................didn't look to see where you are !!!!!:blush:

pampas
March 28th, 2008, 02:29
Next RS4 it's suppose to show up in 2010. Current RS4 is not really producing anymore, plus it's the old bodystyle, great car but soon when all the new Audis hit the street you'll have the B7 body. I have the same "problem" right now, I don't wanna get the current RS4 because of the B7 platform, which includes soon "old" body style, older interior(I like the new style much better-navigation is better placed, MMI controls near the shifter, function and look much improved etc), the platform itself (B8 will handle better, longer wheelbase with the engine better placed), and so on.

I think the RS5 will show up next year, at least one year before RS4 B8. Think about it, and tell us your opinion: I am confused myself, torn between: B7 RS4, B8 S4(later this year) or RS5(next year). Until then ... I don't know .. maybe an S5?

PetrolDave
March 28th, 2008, 14:24
I think the RS5 will show up next year, at least one year before RS4 B8.
It's VERY unlikely that an RS5 (if there even will be one) will appear in 2009, expect it in 2010 at the VERY earliest.

RS Audis are special cars bought by enthusiasts and not affected by the "old model" problem.

Here in the UK B5 RS4s are still VERY desirable...

Buy a B7 RS4 and enjoy it :rs4addict

Tony Lam
March 28th, 2008, 15:20
Thanks for everyone's comments. I bought a 04 RS6 in 2006, and the look was already changed at that time. I still bought it because the price was really reasonable. I sold it yesterday at the market price in HK, and because the look was changed the price was not that good. I really like the 2007 (B7) RS4 and the price is fair, but because of my RS6 experience I am afraid I will run into the same trouble in the future. I know the new body is coming out soon, that's why I am so confused whether I should take the car this time.:vgrumpy:

krm
March 28th, 2008, 17:23
Tony, it would be interesting to see if the RS4 would hold it's value a bit better than the RS6 did in HK. The segment that the RS4 plays in is crowded with more players such as the C63, M3, IS-F all priced around a similar pricepoint. Given that the RS4s were launched more than more year ago the early production used cars available now already took a 20-25% toll in depreciation and I doubt they would drop too much too quickly within the next 2-3 years, as least not until the B8 model is launched. Comparing spec for spec the RS4 still has its attractiveness so I think it should still be a sought after car in used car market holding its value.

If you simply love the RS4 and know that it will bring you a very positive ownership experience, I'd say go for it! Money can be lost or gain, but cherished memories only come in certain moments in time.

victor2vt
March 28th, 2008, 18:13
Tony, why don't you ask if you can borrow the car over the weekend for an extended test drive, that will make your mind up !!!

I must say i've been lucky enough to have owned an M3 an Evo 6 but i've got to say the RS4 is the best i've ever driven and the attention it gets, like today when i filled up, another motorist said as i passed him "fantastic car you've got there" and other people have asked if it is a "special order" car. I think this will become, if it is not already, a "Classic" Audi.

One more point, I was invited to the launch of the R8 at Silverstone and while i was driving an RS4 with one of Audi's test drivers he told me that they had been asked for input into the overall build of the RS4 and he said that for the first time, everything they had put forward was accepted and the final product was exactly as they had wanted it to be built, as in the past the money men at Audi had always stepped in and changed spec to bring the price down.

That was one of the major deciding factors on me buying an RS4 and every day i drive it, it brings a bloody great big grin to my face !!

The future of cars being built like this in the future is very, very bleak, enjoy one now while you can !! :rs4kiss: :rs4addict

pampas
March 28th, 2008, 21:45
It's VERY unlikely that an RS5 (if there even will be one) will appear in 2009, expect it in 2010 at the VERY earliest.

RS Audis are special cars bought by enthusiasts and not affected by the "old model" problem.

Here in the UK B5 RS4s are still VERY desirable...

Buy a B7 RS4 and enjoy it :rs4addict

B5 RS4?? Very desirable by those who can't afford a B7 RS4, you mean?
Look, the B8 is out, you like it or not the B5 is 3 generations old, the RS4 is a great car but it's not that special when it's old. Depreciation is high, and that tells you a lot about the car, special or not.

A B7 body kit will look as a Previous model now, if you don't care fine, but it's not just exterior, it also the interior: the new interior is much better.

As you see, others are sharing the same opinion :)

Randy M
March 28th, 2008, 22:54
Most sheeple want whatever is new just because it's new and don't even know, other than that, why it is they want it.

pampas
March 28th, 2008, 23:16
well, I want it cause the new interior is nicer and more practic, I want the longer wheelbase, the engine moved (slightly) to the rear, the new look indeed, the leds in the front, the advanced key, more space for the rear seats, etc .... tons of reasons, and still, you are right: most people go for new cause it's new. But people are not mistaking going that way, whatever their reasons might be. New is usually better, improved, better looking. At least I hope so will be the case with the Audi.

PetrolDave
March 30th, 2008, 17:20
the new interior is much better.
There are a LOT of people reporting that the pedal offset of the B8 in RHD form is very bad, enough for some people who were ready to place a deposit to decide NOT to order a B8. In this case some people are finding that newer is NOT netter ...

Whether YOU like it or not B5 RS4's still command a good price with depreciation well BELOW the norm for Audis, and there's no reason to believe B7 RS4 depreciation will be any worse.

Remember RS Audis are cars for enthusiasts so you CANNOT apply the same logic to an RS Audi as you can to an "ordinary" Audi or an S Audi.

Carl Lassiter
April 2nd, 2008, 17:39
thinking of buying a 2007 RS4 next week.....just want to know that when will its next generation come out? Please let me know if there are any resources on this. I don't want it to depreciate sharply as soon as I buy it.:vgrumpy:

Buy it. Great car and just look at the thing- monstrous. :revs:

LU-RS6
April 2nd, 2008, 18:06
I'd buy the 07 RS4 right away...by 2012 rules and regulations regarding speed and CO2 emissions will only get worse. :(

I'm constantly afraid that these are the last years that we can still put the pedal to the metal...

artur777
April 3rd, 2008, 00:04
I'd buy only RS4 B8 - no other way
No sense to turn in the past

PetrolDave
April 3rd, 2008, 13:37
I'd buy only RS4 B8 - no other way
You'll be waiting at least 3 years for a B8 RS4...

Randy M
April 3rd, 2008, 17:22
You'll be waiting at least 3 years for a B8 RS4...

Which is exactly why I bought my B7 RS4 just this last January:rs4kiss:

butcher
April 4th, 2008, 08:22
By the time the next one comes out ( maybe never)
you will have the same problem, shall I buy the next 2010 RS4 or wait for the next one in 2020.
buy now and enjoy, with thinking like you have you will never own one of the worlds supercars, HELLO.

sorry Tony, just read your new post, enjoy your new car.
I take back what i just said, but you get the point.:rs4kiss: :rs4addict :cheers: