PDA

View Full Version : Recaro Seats to U.S.????

Bauer
July 4th, 2003, 22:36
Does anyone know if it is possiable to get the Recaro seats shipped to the U.S.? I spoke with a factory rep and he said AOA would not take the liabilty risk. Any Ideas? I sat in an new S6 which has the same seats and I did not like them at all. I am 6'4'' and the pull out on our S8 seats for leg support is great for me. I wish they had at least put the S8 seats in the U.S. RS6.

Bauer
01 S8
92 S4 Modified
03 RS6 Ordered

quattro
July 4th, 2003, 22:39
I think I'm gonna start a company exporting Recaros and 19" to the US of A.

:king:

Bauer
July 4th, 2003, 22:47
If you figure out away around the U.S. DOT system let me know becasue it SUCKS!!!!! We lose have the good stuff to it.

Bauer
01 S8
92 S4 modified
03 RS6 ordered:bang:

Bauer
July 4th, 2003, 22:48
hammer guy is supposed to be hitting the DOT:bang:

jconley
July 4th, 2003, 23:20
I don't know about the RS6 Recaros, but I know some people that have bought recaros through mexico...wasnt cheap though.

audifan
July 5th, 2003, 02:28
Yeah mexico comes in handy for things like Recaros and drugs........:hihi:

Maybe we could start an underground tunnel from mexico into Texas to import our Recaros......any one with me?:cheers:

GoFastKindaGuy
July 5th, 2003, 03:32
Drive to Mexico. Have Recaros installed. Drive back. Who needs a tunnel?

Oh, there is AOA... No wait, they are in one already!

:roll:

Bauer
July 5th, 2003, 16:15
There has to be a way to get them here. I am wondering the seats that were bought through Mexico were they just your standard Recaros ordered directly from Recaro? A group of us had S6 wheels shiped over in a fairly large order a year and a half before the car came here. I will try and do some research. If I can find a way to get them here with a "reasonable" cost would anyone in the U.S. be intrested?

Bauer
01 S8
92 S4 Modified
03 RS6 Ordered

gregoryindiana
July 5th, 2003, 19:48
I would definitely be interested.

Order mine in the silver leather. Make sure they're a direct swap, because I'm no auto interior genius.

Klint
July 5th, 2003, 20:15
That's ashame that the Recaros aren't going to hit US shores. Anything else would be a comprimise.

Many of you who travel alot would notice many of Boeing's aircrafts fitted out with Recaros. They've been the only Recaros I've sat in to be honest (Unless Porsche re-name Recaros their own, in their cars?) so I wouldn't have much of an idea how comfortable they are as such, to give a first hand experience of them.

Best of luck with any decisions that are made on importing them.

:cheers:

Snow
July 6th, 2003, 15:19
Although I haven't sat in the Recaros for more than 10 minutes, I can say that they are probably the most comfortable car seats you'll ever sit in. You don't want to get out of them! I wonder how they do on a long drive.

(Almost forgot about Mecerdes S-class. They've got massage in their seats as an option. They are "pretty" comfortable too. :D )

Rally
July 7th, 2003, 05:33
Josh at Achtuning.com (Redmond WA) has been importing the RS6 seats to the USA for some time now.
They aren't cheap but they feel awesome.

Bauer
July 7th, 2003, 17:11
Rally,

Thanks for the info......If I can get enough intrest I might be able to get a volume discount....anyone here intrested?

Bauer
01 S8
92 S4 modified
03 RS6 ordered

Bauer
July 7th, 2003, 20:38
I spoke with Achtuning today and they said they have not imported any RS6 seats but have imported RS4 seats before. They felt it would not be a problem to get the RS6 seats. The cost for a pair they believe would be around 3 to 4K with shipping being around $300 to $400. I asked them if they were brand new and was told that they typically have around 1000miles on them. But look brand new. They also said it would take about a month to a month and a half. I am also going to check another possiable source for the seats.

Bauer
01 S8
92 S4
03 RS6 ordered

Plexus
July 8th, 2003, 13:37
Call Oxford Audi in the UK. 0044 1865 373735 and ask for the parts dept. Specify the colour and thet you want the whole seat.
Once you have the cost I will organise the shipping at cost and even organise the payment if needed.

Yes, it is too good to be true. I am an RS6 fan just like you and if I can help I will, no costs just do it to help if you require.

Regards

:addict:

Plexus
July 8th, 2003, 13:39
PS. Oxford Audi are in the UK.

I am based in London and we use freight forwarders all the time so have the experience to do this.

Again, I will help at no cost.

What goes around, comes around!

Bauer
July 8th, 2003, 16:46
Plexus,

Thank you very, very much I really do appreciate the offer. I will make a call to them to get some of the details. If you need to e-mail me directly my e-mail is ben_lee_bauer@yahoo.com. Also I havent gotten a build date yet as I am a later production model. Supposedly late September early October delivery. Oh one other item I was told because of the explosives in the seat (airbag) that there can be some difficulty (since Sept 11th) to get items like this in the U.S.. I don't know if you have had any experience with this? Thank you once again for you time and effort it is greatly appreciated.

Bauer
01 S8
92 S4
03 RS6 ordered

Plexus
July 8th, 2003, 17:03
They get certified and x-rayed. So I am told.

I have brought back some airbags for a Mustang last year and it was OK. Don't see why this should be any different.

Be aware that the price from the dealer will attract a 5% discount or more if you can get it, however if you pay by credit card thay may get 2.5% back!

You will also need your build sheet details so that they may order the correct parts.

My 1st RS6 was delivered with the wrong interior!! Black leather with piping, should have been leather with alcantara and NO piping.

:addict:

gregoryindiana
July 10th, 2003, 23:19
Plexus;

This is great news for those of us in the US.

I won't have my build sheet until I have the car???

But when I do, around 1 Sept, I will make the appropriate arrangements.

Like I said, it would be the silver leather with Black piping, same colors as my original seat will be, only the nice and comfy Recaro.

Bauer
July 13th, 2003, 21:13
Does anyone know if the rear seats are different in the Euro spec cars as compared to the US spec cars? I have been looking online and in magazines and from what I can see they do look different. Can anyone confirm or has pictures?

Thanks,

Bauer
01 S8
92 S4 modifed
03 RS6 ordered(the wait is killing me)