PDA

View Full Version : RS6 - Who's got what on order?

Erik
October 22nd, 2002, 14:09
Please let us know what kind of Audi RS6 you have on order or what you are driving already.

keke
October 22nd, 2002, 15:21
RS6 avant,ebony black with black leather,sunroof,kit optic,drilled discs,sport exhaust from quattro Gmbh,steering wheel in nubuck.
I hope the car will be available in december:)

Erik
October 22nd, 2002, 15:23
Originally posted by keke
sport exhaust from quattro Gmbh

Is this the full 3" system I've heard about?
Can you tell me more?

keke
October 22nd, 2002, 15:31
I don't know the name full 3 but it's the complete exhaust and not only the silencer

jconley
October 22nd, 2002, 16:55
Just money down...

Want Daytona Grey, though.

Erik
October 22nd, 2002, 20:55
I would avoid this style of interior, don't like the look of a rainforest when I'm driving. And white leather belongs to the 80's.

Can't see why they ordered the 4 spoke steering wheel.

Give me dark / grey interior and carbon fiber inlays!

Edit. There is something strange about this picture taken at 2002 Sydney Motorshow. See the tiptronic? Does this style come with the 4-spoke steering wheel?

Erik
October 22nd, 2002, 21:17
Originally posted by keke
RS6 avant,ebony black with black leather,sunroof,kit optic,drilled discs,sport exhaust from quattro Gmbh,steering wheel in nubuck.

Keke: I guess something like this then, except the leather.

keke
October 23rd, 2002, 08:47
Yes close to that

FatBoy
October 24th, 2002, 11:30
I'm expecting delivery of mine in a coupel of weeks.
Avant, Daytona Grey, UK spec. (which includes: 19" wheels, satnav + TV, Bose, CD changer, heated seats front & rear, PDC front & rear, tyre pressure monitor, alcantara roof lining, tracker) plus folding door mirrors and GSM phone kit.
Cheers
Paul

Erik
October 24th, 2002, 16:03
No one going for red? (will post pics on the Picadilly Circus one later)

---------------

The maximum daily production output of the RS6 is 20 units.
It is being manufactured by quattro GmbH in conjunction with Audi's Neckarsulm plant.
In eight cycles each taking 25 minutes, the vehicle proceeds through final assembly on a purpose-built, flexible assembly line, where assembly and finishing tasks are performed by hand.
Concluding quality check, involving 16 test cycles which include a 100-percent road test.

keke
October 24th, 2002, 16:08
I heard that the full quota for France will be 120 RS6 for 2003-2004,it's not so much:mad:

jconley
October 24th, 2002, 16:29
What does the road test performed @ the facotry consist of? Do they open up the throttle on a brand new engine?

Erik
October 24th, 2002, 16:36
Originally posted by jconley
What does the road test performed @ the facotry consist of? Do they open up the throttle on a brand new engine?

I am not sure about the engine, but a road test would probably taking the car for a short spin around a test track (not race circuit!!!) with some bumps to see that everything's stuck together, no rain can penetrate etc.

Erik
October 24th, 2002, 16:42
Maybe a little testing like this? :D