PDA

View Full Version : Just got new tyres

Marv
March 26th, 2008, 10:09
What a difference. I've just binned the Contis that have been on the car for over two years and replaced them with Michelin PS2 96Y XL (and had a good blast down to Micheldever Tyres in Hampshire UK).

The old tyres were tramlining quite badly so I thought it was time for a change but the new Michelins are sooo much better - the tramlining is fixed but also the turn in is more positive and the car feels much happier going quickly over joins/expansion joints on the motorway.

Marv

another Russian
March 26th, 2008, 10:25
What a difference. I've just binned the Contis that have been on the car for over two years and replaced them with Michelin PS2 96Y XL (and had a good blast down to Micheldever Tyres in Hampshire UK).

The old tyres were tramlining quite badly so I thought it was time for a change but the new Michelins are sooo much better - the tramlining is fixed but also the turn in is more positive and the car feels much happier going quickly over joins/expansion joints on the motorway.

Marv
Contis was never famous for the performance. Michelins Pilot Sport 2 so much better.Enjoy:applause:

r1nga
March 26th, 2008, 12:49
Interesting - mine in right now as I write for a set of the new Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetics. will let you know how I get on with them. Was real hard to find a set, as Goodyear had so few in the country. Last of the 4 had to be flown in from Belgium would you believe!

Phil G
Guildford, UK

another Russian
March 26th, 2008, 12:56
Interesting - mine in right now as I write for a set of the new Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetics. will let you know how I get on with them. Was real hard to find a set, as Goodyear had so few in the country. Last of the 4 had to be flown in from Belgium would you believe!

Phil G
Guildford, UK
what a joke! I'm in a tire business in Russia and we hardly have a supply problem for any type of tire. who would've thought:hahahehe:

r1nga
March 26th, 2008, 13:03
These Goodyears won 2 big car enthusiasts mags Tyre Tests last year and have been in short supply pretty much ever since. Expecting them to make a cracking everyday road tyre!

Fingers Crossed.

Phil

another Russian
March 26th, 2008, 13:08
http://eu.goodyear.com/uk_en/images/tireimage_F1_AS_tcm64-17733.jpg looking good ,mate. i've read a lot's of them. stable, reliable tire. get the grip:burnout:

Marv
March 26th, 2008, 14:53
These Goodyears won 2 big car enthusiasts mags Tyre Tests last year and have been in short supply pretty much ever since.
Phil

I remember reading about them in Car or Evo, forget which. Sound really good - be sure to say how you get on with them. Micheldever certainly didn't have them in stock - thay had Michelin PS2, Pirelli PZero Rosso and Conti SportContact III.

How do they compare on price with the competition?

DuckWingDuck
March 26th, 2008, 15:07
There's a tire thread around here somewhere. But if you take a look on tirerack.com, they have customer reviews which are quite good. PS2s are universally regarded as quality tires but if you take a look, it's actually tied with bridgestone re-050a pole positions.

r1nga
April 8th, 2008, 10:30
Finally had the new Goodyear F1 Assymetrics fitten on Friday and initial impressions are very good indeed. The old tyres were Conti 2's and the rears were particulary well worn. The F1's are quieter, ride better and although they've not been pushed to the limits yet, feel to give very good grip in wet and slimy UK road conditions.

Paid £720 balanced and fitted incl VAT for 4.

I have an almost new Conti 2 up for grabs if anyone is interested - a full 7mm of tread - and another with 5mm tread, as these came off the fronts of my car. Useful for a spare.

I will cycle the wheels front-to-back every 4000 miles or so I think, based on the accelerated wear rates shown with the old tyres.

Thanks,

Phil G

Copper
April 8th, 2008, 16:17
I love my PS2's. So much better then the Contis. Expensive however. Ride is smoother and tracking is better. Noise is down as well.

MikeL01
April 8th, 2008, 22:23
I've just rotated my Goodyear F1 all-seasons at 5k miles (40k on the car). They are wearing very well and even. I'm very pleased with the performance...far better than the Contis or Avon tyres I've had in the past.

Aronis
April 9th, 2008, 01:51
Just put my summer tires on this past weekend..PS2's, this will be the second summer with them...they are great! QUIET...great grip, nice to hit the exit ramps at 70 again after 6 months with snow tires..

Mike

DuckWingDuck
April 9th, 2008, 06:35
aronis, do you have a second set of rims or do you take them out to be mounted and balanced?

mmaturo
April 9th, 2008, 06:48
2 years with 19" PS2s...love them. (2 yrs before that with them on my old TT) Excellent on street, on track, in the wet. Quiet, great grip. Expensive but worth it.

gjg
April 9th, 2008, 20:06
what a joke! I'm in a tire business in Russia and we hardly have a supply problem for any type of tire. who would've thought:hahahehe:

probably sell more Goodyear F1 Assymetrics in Moscow alone than in UK ... :jlol:

LU-RS6
April 9th, 2008, 20:47
My experience:

Contisportcontact 3 275/R19 = very happy with this tire. Good grip in the wet also. Good durability.

Michelin PS2 255/R19 = perhaps a better tire, but wears extremely fast in my experience.

gjg
April 9th, 2008, 22:29
My experience:

Contisportcontact 3 275/R19 = very happy with this tire. Good grip in the wet also. Good durability.

Michelin PS2 255/R19 = perhaps a better tire, but wears extremely fast in my experience.

I used Dunlops SP9000, ok but very noisy @ 50% of tread, last two sets Pirelli P-Zero Rosso, stick like a glus, wear .... oh well, if you want to dance, have to pay the music.... :dance: