PDA

View Full Version : the thread I never thought I'd make: how much will my beast fetch?

aarong
March 26th, 2008, 05:46
I have to sell my beast, preferably by the end of April. while I love it dearly, it's spent over 50 days in the shop since I first bought it 8 months ago. It's got 46K loving miles on it, and a completely fresh DRC with about 1K on it, and a completely fresh transmission (yes, completely. the whole thing. all of it. I've got the service records to prove it) with about 50 miles on it. I also have an uninstalled RNS-E and a full RS6 rotor/caliper/brake pad set for it that I picked up from an S4 owner that was moving out of town and never got around to installing on his Audi.

at this mileage, taking into account the fresh tranny and suspension, and the $4K worth of brake parts...what do you think my baby will fetch?

Ebony Pearl with black interior -- oh, and brand new front door panels (passenger and driver).

thoughts?

:cry::cry::cry::cry:
:addict:

Hy Octane
March 26th, 2008, 06:06
Why do you have to sell it?

DuckWingDuck
March 26th, 2008, 15:13
At about 46k, even with a new transmission, I think you're probably looking around $40-45k. Though the one thing you have working in your favour is that RS6 prices in CA tends to be inflated when compared to other states.

mmaturo
March 26th, 2008, 15:46
Hate to burst the bubble but i think less than 40 to 45. Upper 30s. Trade in way worse. Prices here would be worse. Most of us have new transmissions (I had the exact same problem when I bought mine...3 months in the shop of my first 4 with the car) and me now getting screwed by DRC (PS, yours replaced under original or CPO Audi warranty and where???).

aarong
March 26th, 2008, 18:49
Yeah, Santa Monica Audi was very interested in having me trade in my beast but I'm set on selling privately. If it's any less than $40K I'm in a world of hurt (I get the credit crunch and all that makes these times difficult, but one can only be *so* upside down on a load, right? heh...)

My DRC was replaced under original Audi warranty at a dealership suggested privately here on the boards. I'll ask if I can pass along the reference :)

aarong
March 26th, 2008, 18:52
Why do you have to sell it?

the DMV and I aren't getting along at the moment, and despite my lawyers actions, I am no longer able to insure my beast. while I'm so smitten with this car the thought of just paying to let it sit in my parking spot for another 8 months seriously crossed my mind, I'd rather sell it, keep my allotted car payment in an Ameritrade account, and make me some money for a new RS6 when they ship 'em across the pond here

:addict:

I haven't listed it anywhere yet (my insurance is giving me the run around on properly fixing the rear bumper [3mph rear ending on the 10 freeway...chipped the paint a bit and they did a shotty job the first time around]) but if you know anyone thats interested, dont hesitate to drop me a PM :rs6kiss:

mmaturo
March 26th, 2008, 19:00
Yeah, Santa Monica Audi was very interested in having me trade in my beast but I'm set on selling privately. If it's any less than $40K I'm in a world of hurt (I get the credit crunch and all that makes these times difficult, but one can only be *so* upside down on a load, right? heh...)

My DRC was replaced under original Audi warranty at a dealership suggested privately here on the boards. I'll ask if I can pass along the reference :)

No bother if it was not under the CPO warranty. I know what you mean...I am upside down on my car by almost 10K and no dealer wants to touch it here on trade which would be even worse loss. Bites.

LIRS6
March 26th, 2008, 22:50
I also have an uninstalled RNS-E :

If you have interest to part with your RNS-E, I could have interest.

Please let me know

Good luck selling your car - fyi dealer offered me $36k as trade-in (50k on it), I'm holding on for now

DuckWingDuck
March 26th, 2008, 23:53
as I mentioned the other day, in hindsight, I overpaid for my car too. Bleah.

cornishmoocher
March 27th, 2008, 07:14
Sounds like you guys are having it tough over the pond. I work for an american company (Nortek), and we have had all pay rises, future imployment of new staff and bonuses scrapped.

feel for you.:noshake:

got boost
March 27th, 2008, 13:14
as I mentioned the other day, in hindsight, I overpaid for my car too. Bleah.

Seems like the market has drastically changed, I had bought mine under market value (actually below the trade in value on kbb!) and 30,000 miles and a year and a half later, I'm upside down by about +$5k, Ughhhhh!!!!.

I was flirting with the idea of trading in and found out that the car can be sold as a CPO again before I hit the 60,000 mile mark, otherwise its out to auction. I'm at 59,700 miles right now.

Anyway, long story short, I just put the summer tires back on and drove it. What the hell was I thinking:doh: .

aarong, I know you have a different story. Selling it privately may take time, but it may pay off too. Good luck with it!!

Benman
March 27th, 2008, 22:26
Aarong,

Sorry to hear that it has to go, but you may be making the best choice. Keep in mind though the USA is in a recession, things are tight, and therefor, a lot of buyers will not be out there shopping for high end used cars. In So Cal, I believe that DuckWing is correct in that you will get more here than in a lot of other places, Chicago included. But because of the current market, don't expect to blow it out quickly, you'll need patience. And unfortunately, buyers will use that against you. Most know that no one is selling unless they have to. So... they will grind you down. Same with homes.

The really bad news is that best case senario, we have at least a full year more of this. Worse case, well, best not to dwell on that.

I feel the worse for all the home furnishing stores that are going out of business everywhere...

Best of luck:cheers: ,

Ben:addict:

aarong
March 28th, 2008, 23:17
I know it's tight and I'd keep it if I could insure it but I'd rather have the $1100/m car payment in my pocket than sitting in my garage. besides, I've already taken it out twice without insurance so I can't even trust myself to keep the keys out of the ignition!

we'll see. my new landlord seems VERY interested in my car. he's a MBZ fan and when I told him my car eats E55 AMGs, he about crapped himself in excitement.

if only Ron Paul could secure the nomination and the presidency; I'd keep the car in good faith knowing all would be well in a year or so :):):)

edit: and thank you for the well wishes. I'm really sad I wont have a beast, but I'm definitely sticking around the community as I'm definitely getting another one ASAP.

Benman
March 31st, 2008, 20:38
edit: and thank you for the well wishes. I'm really sad I wont have a beast, but I'm definitely sticking around the community as I'm definitely getting another one ASAP.

Yes, no matter what happens with the Beast, stick around. The community Erik has built is first rate. :cheers:

Ben:addict: