PDA

View Full Version : RS5 engine?

Audifan92
March 26th, 2008, 01:14
Whats ther confirmed engine for the RS5?
On fast lane daily it said it will be a 4.2 V8 TT producing 450 BHP or mabey more....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TjAD7tCl-LU

Rage
March 26th, 2008, 02:26
nobody knows. speculate as you wish;)

pampas
March 26th, 2008, 03:26
Rumours around are pressing toward the ~450bhp limit, some TT some just upgraded internals of the current RS4 V8.

I am waiting too for some better info, that's why I stick to this forum (rs6.com) cause we have here a few that have really good guesses (they probably know inside stuff) and they sometimes reveal it :)

Audifan92
March 26th, 2008, 03:47
I think I can find out....
I was talking to my dad, and he was telling me he was talking to a good friend of his who is part of Audi of North America( I forgot which position) but it was high up
And he was telling my dad about the upcoming Audis and that there is going to be an RS5 and they are testing it out with the V8 TT and the 5.2 V10.
I'll try to get more info on it.

chewym
March 26th, 2008, 06:56
I have no inside knowledge and won't claim any. I would like a TT 4.0 V8. With 480 or so horsepower. This forums has had some sucess with engine predictions. Someone did have the info (in spec format) about the second gen RS6 some time before other places. Ask them.

Audifan92
March 26th, 2008, 13:46
Ok, and your right a 4.0 TT would be a good engine.
I think that's what Audi should do.

S6driver
March 26th, 2008, 15:58
I think I can find out....
I was talking to my dad, and he was telling me he was talking to a good friend of his who is part of Audi of North America( I forgot which position) but it was high up
And he was telling my dad about the upcoming Audis and that there is going to be an RS5 and they are testing it out with the V8 TT and the 5.2 V10.
I'll try to get more info on it.

So not to hijack the thread, but any word on the MkII RS6 sedan coming to the NA market? If its not too much trouble try to pass along that the car needs to come to the States :hahahehe: ..

Audifan92
March 26th, 2008, 18:05
Im not sure.
I can ask.
But I think that it most likely will

Cargo8
March 26th, 2008, 18:58
well initial rumors were that the emissions werent good enough for the USA (For the rs6 i mean)...also, as with like the rs4, they probbaly wont bring it over except for the sedan......

The Pretender
April 1st, 2008, 19:32
Ok, and your right a 4.0 TT would be a good engine.
I think that's what Audi should do.
Most important IMHO is that it need to be Bi-turbo charged (V6 or V8), i have no interest in a N/A V8 RS5, it's not tuneble enough for my taste.
The choise for the GT-R will be simple in that case.

Jarod.

pampas
April 1st, 2008, 22:42
Whatever the engine is, if the car will perform better than the current M3/C63 it will be a GREAT car!!! That's what I ask from Audi, don't care if it's modable or not.

Audifan92
April 1st, 2008, 22:49
The regular S5 is doing pretty good against the e92 M3 so far.
So I think with the extra power and better handling it will destroy the M3