PDA

View Full Version : DRC Repairs under CPO warranty

mmaturo
March 25th, 2008, 21:57
Need quick help...I've asked already on other forums but wanted to ask here who has had their DRC shocks replaced under the CPO warranty. My dealer is saying the central valves are covered but not the shocks...I am not eating $2700 on this thing. Anyway how many have had it done under the CPO and at what dealer and of those do you feel like your dealer did it as a special favor to you (they ate the cost of it or part of it)...I am seeing I am about to get screwed as my DRC decided to wait to fail and it turns out the CPO isn't covering much. Angry as hell.

No body seems to ever give me any break even though I have had nothing but Audis for the last 12 years and am waiting for my spot for an R8 to come up.

Side post what is the recommended aftermarket shock. People have had problems with Stasis on this I think, any others I need to quickly consider.

DuckWingDuck
March 26th, 2008, 03:12
Cornishmoocher got his covered under CPO. We've just had a few posts in the last week or two where at least two people had their covered under CPO.

mmaturo
March 26th, 2008, 04:00
Yep, read that and posted pre-questions on that thread, one of them I am aware of...do you know where Cornishmoocher may have had the work done? If nothing else I need to prove to my dealer or Audi NA that it is being covered for a lot of people (7 responses so far) so are they getting special treatment? Did Audi agree to cover it some places and now is saying no? I am just as much a past and future owner of the very top end of Audi's cars not just a one off ticked owner. Unfortunately I have a choice of 10 dealers in Chicago so more than one has had my business over the long term so goodwill towards me is absent in our saturated market:vgrumpy: .

DuckWingDuck
March 26th, 2008, 04:32
doh :( cornish is located in the uk though. have all the dealerships in your area turned you down on the drc repair?

mmaturo
March 26th, 2008, 04:37
well he was still covered so counts to me... Tomorrow I am going to call around to the other area dealers and see what they say.

JCT2033
March 26th, 2008, 04:41
Have you checked with other dealers? My DRC failed before the original warranty ran out and the first dealer I went just refused to replace the shock, valve, or the whole system, citing that Audi USA won't allow such repairs. I had to take my car to a different dealer who replaced the whole DRC system right away. They also assured me that the CPO will cover DRC should it fail again. IMO some Audi dealers do not have the expertise to handle the repair and to deal with AoA when it comes to RS6. :noshake:

mmaturo
March 26th, 2008, 05:00
Have you checked with other dealers? My DRC failed before the original warranty ran out and the first dealer I went just refused to replace the shock, valve, or the whole system, citing that Audi USA won't allow such repairs. I had to take my car to a different dealer who replaced the whole DRC system right away. They also assured me that the CPO will cover DRC should it fail again. IMO some Audi dealers do not have the expertise to handle the repair and to deal with AoA when it comes to RS6. :noshake:

Don't suppose you would mind sharing the name of your dealer? As I said above I will call around tomorrow and see what the others will say. I was previously told it would be covered, but now that it actually gave out...

aarong
March 26th, 2008, 05:48
I had zero questions asked when my DRC was checked during the 35K (which was closer to 40K). they replaced the whole thing in about eight days.

JCT2033
March 26th, 2008, 06:28
mmaturo,

I had my DRC repaired in Penske Audi West Covina. Here is its website: http://www.penskeaudi.com/.

crispix
March 26th, 2008, 06:37
Took my beastie in two weeks ago complaining of a noise coming from the rear undercarriage.. They found one shock leaking on the driver rear..

Changed the shock and one central valve under CPO. My only cost was the $50 deductible..

Stevens Creek Audi, Santa Clara, California..

crispix..

mmaturo
March 26th, 2008, 15:51
Thanks guys...wow I am amazed at the responses. Wondering why I am having issues. Anyone else keep posting as a case still needs to be built up for all of our goods as the DRC is going to continue to fail and CPO needs to cover it.

mmaturo
March 26th, 2008, 15:52
I had zero questions asked when my DRC was checked during the 35K (which was closer to 40K). they replaced the whole thing in about eight days.

Under CPO or original warranty? Thanks!

mmaturo
March 26th, 2008, 19:57
For the record I underestimated my dealer so I am ok for now but there is a greater issue of what do we do in the future as these come off warranty or still fail again under CPO. Really there is no choice but to save up the $3000 for after market or the OEM shocks. Would not mind if it was 1000-$1500 or even $2000 but almost 3K hurts.