PDA

View Full Version : Sunoco GT100 fuel

crispix
March 25th, 2008, 15:26
I have found a 76 station close by that sells Sunoco GT100 unleaded at the pump..

I've been mixing 10 gallons 91 octane with 5 gallons 100 octane to boost up my overall level.

In California, we can only get 91 octane unlike many other parts of the country that still have 93..

I figure my mixture gives me around 94 or so..

At 5.89 a gallon for 100 octane, is this a waste?

crispix..

DuckWingDuck
March 25th, 2008, 16:57
I would say, run til you're close to empty and then fill up the 100 octane to see if you really do get any performance boost and that will be an indicator as to whether any add'l small boost will be helpful?

crispix
March 25th, 2008, 17:13
Fill-up without diluting?

Can our ECU handle 100 octane without causing any issues?

Thought I read somewhere we were okay up to ~96..

crispix..

Boosted-Bora
March 25th, 2008, 19:42
I had ran 108 unleaded in my car before on stock ECU and it made a huge differece

DuckWingDuck
March 25th, 2008, 19:46
Damn, where the hell do you get 108???? And more importantly, how much/gal?

peiserg
March 26th, 2008, 01:04
I've used 100 octane multiple times. It makes a huge difference. I paid about $6.50/gal. I'm hoping when my methanol installation is done i won't have to to that anymore....though i prob still will :-)

one thing I was told was the different alcohol content of the 100 will cause an issue with the fuel sender that reads fuel level in the cockpit...so you may have a malfunction of the fuel gauge.

papadoc
March 26th, 2008, 14:15
I found minor bump in performance, and got APR chip installed at Streetwerke subsequently and very happy with the result (not like peiserg's bad experience). With the 93 octane program, the difference from stock is tremendous. In addition to the 76 at Almaden and Foxworthy, there is a 76 on Woodside in RWC and a VP Racing station on Foothil just north of Magdalena that also sells 100 octane. By the way, 2 gallons 100 to 5 of 91 = 93 octane for your blending...

254TT
September 13th, 2010, 06:13
For the guys in CA; can you still get 100 at a pump?; I found old listings of 4 gas stations that had it here in Fresno; but none of them sell it anymore; I can only find 110/108 in 5 gal containers.

Has anyone had any luck with fuel additives? I read on a thread that Pat uses "Aces"?

I am also interested in methanol injection; Has anyone had success with one of these kits? What are the cons of methanol injection? I know it is very corrosive; but in such small volume is it a problem?

DHall1
September 13th, 2010, 06:33
Pat uses Aces IV because I made him buy it. Aces literally cleaned up his combustion chambers and oil rings to the point blowby was eliminated and oil in his intercooler pipes vanished. 85k mile engine. I use Aces II and IV because Willie would not stop about the stuff. I will always use Aces products. Try it once and you will always use it. We have the same crap 91oct gas here in AZ and my car screams right thru the heat of summer without a hitch.

Aces will add about .20c a gallon to your gas cost.

BND Automotive and Brian. Give him a call and you wont worry about that 100oct stuff anymore.

For the guys in CA; can you still get 100 at a pump?; I found old listings of 4 gas stations that had it here in Fresno; but none of them sell it anymore; I can only find 110/108 in 5 gal containers.

Has anyone had any luck with fuel additives? I read on a thread that Pat uses "Aces"?

I am also interested in methanol injection; Has anyone had success with one of these kits? What are the cons of methanol injection? I know it is very corrosive; but in such small volume is it a problem?

4everRS
September 13th, 2010, 14:36
According to Brian, the level of reactivity is drastically reduced with his QB oil. A regular high quality synthetic will be anywhere from 8% to 15% reactive. Reactivity has to do with the amount of "fillers" the companies use. The higher reactivity, the more vapor the oil produces. As many of you know, the oil vapor goes directly through the PCV system of the car. This may also be a cause of the oil getting in the intercooler piping. According to Brian, QB oil is 1% to 3% reactive. There is no doubt that Aces will help as well, but it's main purpose is for upper cylinder lubricity.
Pat uses Aces IV because I made him buy it. Aces literally cleaned up his combustion chambers and oil rings to the point blowby was eliminated and oil in his intercooler pipes vanished. 85k mile engine. I use Aces II and IV because Willie would not stop about the stuff. I will always use Aces products. Try it once and you will always use it. We have the same crap 91oct gas here in AZ and my car screams right thru the heat of summer without a hitch.

Aces will add about .20c a gallon to your gas cost.

BND Automotive and Brian. Give him a call and you wont worry about that 100oct stuff anymore.

DHall1
September 13th, 2010, 15:53
Reactive can also be called volatile components that change physical properties. Oil to vapor then back to oil. Your numbers are correct below.

However

That is not the reason Pat saw his oil in the intercooler pipes disappear. Pat was not using the QB oil yet and only been running the Aces IV for x thousand miles. So, my only conclusion was the cleaning effect in the combustion chamber also cleaned the gum and varnish off the rings and oil rings. Thus the blowby was all but eliminated. This on a engine with 85k miles and already seeing some signs of blowby.

That fact itself should tell everyone to atleast try the stuff.

You all should have seen the carbon deposits blown out of our Cummins ISC diesel motorhome when first using Aces II. It was unreal the carbon that was cleaned out of the engine over the first few thousand miles. Oh yeah, and oil usage all but vanished as a result. 40,000lb rig and tow vehicle towing thru heat and mountains over 4400 mile trip used 1qt. Engine holds 26qts and most Cummins owners are happy with usage of 1qt per 800 miles.

According to Brian, the level of reactivity is drastically reduced with his QB oil. A regular high quality synthetic will be anywhere from 8% to 15% reactive. Reactivity has to do with the amount of "fillers" the companies use. The higher reactivity, the more vapor the oil produces. As many of you know, the oil vapor goes directly through the PCV system of the car. This may also be a cause of the oil getting in the intercooler piping. According to Brian, QB oil is 1% to 3% reactive. There is no doubt that Aces will help as well, but it's main purpose is for upper cylinder lubricity.

Hy Octane
September 13th, 2010, 17:49
I was getting racing gas at a 76 station here in West LA.. They want almost $8 a gallon now.. Mainly because that part of town has all the Ferraris and Lambos etc.. I used to use about 6 gallons per tankful of 91 and it really helped advance the timing and let the car open up.. I now use Aces IV and can tell you that the performance is as if I were using racing gas and the car runs the best its ever run. Smooth, massive power in the upper rev ranges and 4 mpg increase on the road.

V8weight
September 13th, 2010, 18:37
Wait, what's going on here? Am I in an argument?

DHall1
September 13th, 2010, 18:56
Yeah, you and Kyle. We forgot to let you know.

hehe

DHall1
September 13th, 2010, 19:01
Bada bing,

Hy Octane is not paid for this endorsement...nor am I. He has the same crap gas as AZ and my car ran like crap last summer before I switched to Aces. Now the heat makes very little difference in my hp output. The idjuits run for the hills when the beast opens up. Even the Monte Carlo SS's. ;-)

The stuff is amazing. E55, LX470 supercharged, Toyota turbos and the monster motorhome all run Aces.

Woohoo! XOM dropping like a brick.

I was getting racing gas at a 76 station here in West LA.. They want almost $8 a gallon now.. Mainly because that part of town has all the Ferraris and Lambos etc.. I used to use about 6 gallons per tankful of 91 and it really helped advance the timing and let the car open up.. I now use Aces IV and can tell you that the performance is as if I were using racing gas and the car runs the best its ever run. Smooth, massive power in the upper rev ranges and 4 mpg increase on the road.

4everRS
September 13th, 2010, 22:57
Damn, and I was just about the start talking trash.

New QB oil and Aces is arriving this week.

4everRS
September 13th, 2010, 23:08
Woohoo! XOM dropping like a brick.

?? It was down like .33 % today right? Dropping more like a feather. We'll see what oil does tonight. That will dictate tomorrrow. Either way XTO was a bad buy from the beginning. This was coming from a miles away. I can't understand why some of the firms waited til now to downgrade.

aaa, umm, How 'bout that RS6

DHall1
September 14th, 2010, 01:44
It was off a buck at the open. I have at the money Puts that expire this week and rolled into Oct Puts. You could say I'm negative XOM.

?? It was down like .33 % today right? Dropping more like a feather. We'll see what oil does tonight. That will dictate tomorrrow. Either way XTO was a bad buy from the beginning. This was coming from a miles away. I can't understand why some of the firms waited til now to downgrade.

aaa, umm, How 'bout that RS6

GEN XER
September 14th, 2010, 01:59
OMG. I love this forum! You guys are all my kind of guys. BTW ACES is awesome.

papadoc
September 14th, 2010, 06:47
I've been adding Sunoco 100 to get over 93 octane from the two stations in the SF Bay area that carry it, and ACES IV sounds like a much better way to go. Googled it and saw several places to purchase. Can those of you who use it suggest the best place to order? Looking forward to finally trying out the 100 octane setting on my APR tune...

DHall1
September 14th, 2010, 18:05
We all like Brian at BND automotive.

Nor are we paid a penny for anything.

skribe
September 14th, 2010, 18:14
I'm going to pour Aces IV in my quad venti latte tomorrow morning. I expect my lubricity index to go up 1114%.

http://goofuponastar.com/s/155.jpg

DHall1
September 14th, 2010, 18:19
Complete engine and teardown inspections coming in 2011. I wish I would have saved my old spark plugs. Pat was witness they were all a burnt orange looking color. No debris or buildup on them but a coating of some substance that gave them a burnt orange color. Somethin goin on in there. Ya think blue boy can fit down in there?

Doh

Look at this Lucas ad. Talk about bonehead claims and not saying anything concrete or how it works.

"Hey" "I'm a dip $hit" buy this stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o5s4k04jC8

254TT
September 15th, 2010, 01:16
Now that I ahve had some time to read the forum; I see fluids have clearly been covered in previous threads; sorry. Anyway got on the phone with Brian and have all sorts of fluids headed this way. Sounded so good I ordered fluids for my other toys that also spend thier days at WOT.

BTW; I also ordered Brian's filters; he had good arguements there as well; price was pretty good and I can always use extra paper bags. Hopefully fitment will not be a problem;

GEN XER
September 15th, 2010, 01:51
I've been adding Sunoco 100 to get over 93 octane from the two stations in the SF Bay area that carry it, and ACES IV sounds like a much better way to go. Googled it and saw several places to purchase. Can those of you who use it suggest the best place to order? Looking forward to finally trying out the 100 octane setting on my APR tune...

Check my signature for BND's info.

Now that I ahve had some time to read the forum; I see fluids have clearly been covered in previous threads; sorry. Anyway got on the phone with Brian and have all sorts of fluids headed this way. Sounded so good I ordered fluids for my other toys that also spend thier days at WOT.

BTW; I also ordered Brian's filters; he had good arguements there as well; price was pretty good and I can always use extra paper bags. Hopefully fitment will not be a problem;

I use the filters. I have not had a fitment issue yet. His filters come from the same place as other major manufacturer's, he just uses different internals.