View Full Version : R8 tested by Auto Bild Sportscar edition

KresoF1
March 21st, 2008, 12:23
0-100km/h: 4.5s
0-160km/h:10.3s
0-200km/h:15.5s
Weight: 1620kg

Magnetic Ride, manual and 19".

Nurburgring GP track time 1.44,11min(within 0.4s with 997 Turbo)

I am sorry to say but, it seems to me that R8 will NEVER achive factory claim for 0-200km/h in 14.9s....

Leadfoot
March 21st, 2008, 14:51
I am sorry to say but, it seems to me that R8 will NEVER achive factory claim for 0-200km/h in 14.9s....

When the car can get to within 0.4s of the 997Turbo, does it really matter. :eye:

Plus this was a manual car and not R-Tronic, this would have helped on both the lap time and acceleration.

KresoF1
March 21st, 2008, 15:23
When the car can get to within 0.4s of the 997Turbo, does it really matter. :eye:

Plus this was a manual car and not R-Tronic, this would have helped on both the lap time and acceleration.

You are wrong here-all R-Tronic press cars in Germany measured slower then manuals(example fastest R-Tronic 0-200km/h: 15.9s)... Why? I do not know but, I have idea...

Leadfoot
March 21st, 2008, 15:34
You are wrong here-all R-Tronic press cars in Germany measured slower then manuals(example fastest R-Tronic 0-200km/h: 15.9s)... Why? I do not know but, I have idea...

Please, share your opinions.

I would love to know the reason because I thought R-Tronic offered a faster shift time than could be achieved by a manual, plus does it not offer launch control, I was sure it did.

KresoF1
March 21st, 2008, 16:46
It is not opinion-it is fact. Even with LC R-Tronic is little bit slower then experienced manual driver since R-Tronic LC programm is tuned to save the clutch. Same is on Gallardo e-Gear(which is essential R-Tronic with different name).

...and apparently you did not share opinion with R.Meaden who did not like R-Tronic at all.

MPT
March 21st, 2008, 17:07
It is not opinion-it is fact. Even with LC R-Tronic is little bit slower then experienced manual driver since R-Tronic LC programm is tuned to save the clutch. Same is on Gallardo e-Gear(which is essential R-Tronic with different name).

...and apparently you did not share opinion with R.Meaden who did not like R-Tronic at all.

Leadfoot didn't say whether or not he didn't like the Rtronic, only that it was faster than regular M/T.

I bet, what with the same equipped car, same wheels, tires, road surface and conditions the Rtronic will be faster. You can't compare two different magazines, two different cars, two different conditions and road surfaces and two different drivers. Simply not possible. I'm with Leadie on this one :thumb:

Ruergard
March 22nd, 2008, 16:56
0.4 seconds from a 997 Turbo is still very, very good! It might not be the fastest in a straight line, but when it comes to cornering. The R8 proves itself worty of it's sportscar title again and again. :R8:

pampas
March 22nd, 2008, 17:17
I love the R-tronic. I don't care if it's 0.000001 slower than manual (altough I doubt it's slower, it's surely not slower than an average guy; maybe a real pro can beat it, but not so many of those anyway). Besides the manual in the R8 is weird with those clumsy gates, it's hard to change gear FAST especially when you go from 3rd to 2nd(or when you don't go straight up/down with the shifter). Also, it makes a CHEAP sound for an Audi. Especially for an R8. Click Click CLICK every time you change a gear fast. Sucks.