PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari 360 V RS6

cornishmoocher
March 20th, 2008, 16:51
I have just driven 300 mile back to Cornwall, and 40 miles from plymouth on an empty dual carriage way I heard a V8 howl and looked behind me, there it was, a red 360, weaving from side to side flashing his lights. I eased down he pulled out along side me, we nodded and booted it. This all took place at about 80 mph, I was a nose infront the whole time, he didn't pull level, after about 1 mile i eased off as there was a twisty bit and he pulled away by about a cars length, but then on the straight again, I was all over him, pulled out from behind and leveled the score! He just didn't/couldnt pull away, probably driver error, but good enough for me!!

I dont think for a minute that the Foo fighter was maxxed out, but neither was I. As he slowed to pull off the carriage way he gave me a big thumbs up and a vigerous nod.

I returned the compliment, knowing that when the Beastie gets MTM'D, 360 are fair game, and his scalp would have been mine. (even my wife was impressed who was sitting along side me, and said that was fun!!)

So if by any chance you were the driver of the W reg Red 360, and you are searching the web to see what you were racing and you have found this. well done mate, it was good fun, and next time, loser buys the beers! :hahahehe: :lovl:

HeadShot
March 21st, 2008, 01:03
The cornishmoocher gets a nice scalp... wish i'd been a bug on the grill for that one - i've always had a thing for the 360. Sure the driver probably sucked but who's to say - sounds like you did the beastie proud. Nice to see the misses was supportive eh!!!!

Can't wait to get that sort of line up on an open road.
Cheers... i salute the victory.

:cheers:

cornishmoocher
March 21st, 2008, 01:21
The cornishmoocher gets a nice scalp... wish i'd been a bug on the grill for that one - i've always had a thing for the 360. Sure the driver probably sucked but who's to say - sounds like you did the beastie proud. Nice to see the misses was supportive eh!!!!

Can't wait to get that sort of line up on an open road.
Cheers... i salute the victory.

:cheers:

Cheers buddy!

I am still buzzing.
The waff was enjoying the whole thing, she didn't "get" the whole RS6 thing. She read some of the posts on here, an then sat thru the dual yesterday. Now she does. The comment was "shit, if this can beat that red thing, it must be good!"
360 man wasn't bad, I was just better :harass: he did get me thru the one twisty bit, but my needle didnt drop below 150, and the only reason that I eased was the Waff squealed like a stuck pig :MTM: but at indicated 175 (road angel) he just wasn't there (if a nose isnt there!). It was all over far too quickly, just over a mile, but thosekinda speeds on the road is daft over here, and a one way ticket to the chair if you got caught. Right place right time. And just plain lucky that there was no other traffic. Not something that i feel will happen too often! (sadly).

A fair Scalp, I bet he doesnt tell his mates! :rotflmao:

13urt
March 21st, 2008, 01:26
:addict: :race: Good job fella, dont ya just just love when owners of such cars are prepared to play ball with ya, but on most occasions when meeting such cars on the road, they are not so keen so play ball, not sure if its because they think that thier cars are far too superior, or if its just becase they dont want to take a beating. Fair play to the 360 driver too.

cornishmoocher
March 21st, 2008, 02:52
He was only a youngster too- late 20's i would say- probably stole it!!!:D :D .
Nah, fair play to him, as you say he was game.

I dooo love the sound of that foo V8 tho, the howl is glorious. But I am really loving my Beastie, she can have a 15 quid eastern european in the morning!:rs6kiss:

cornishmoocher
March 21st, 2008, 07:18
One thing that my Waff has just pointed out too, which i completely forgot, is that my car was FULLY laden, 0ne large suitcase, 3 medium size holdalls, one small holdall, various sailing paraphanailia, two shotguns and a .222 hunting rifle! And my Waif like waff...(just in case she see's this!). Doubly impressed now.:bow:

gmbh6
March 21st, 2008, 10:48
...when the Beastie gets MTM'D, 360 are fair game...

Speaking from experience they are already fair game.......I chalked one up about three years ago. :incar:

But now I have kids so I no longer race :nono:

cornishmoocher
March 21st, 2008, 11:54
Very sensible too!

AuditudeA642
March 21st, 2008, 14:59
I have driven a 360 Modena and have driven the RS6,RS4,M5,E55 and can say that the 360 was slower than all of those. Nice Win!

cornishmoocher
March 21st, 2008, 15:09
Thanks for the back slappin' boys! :blush:

The 360 is definately a drivers car. Very twitchy in the arse end, with big teeth just in front to bite your balls off if you F*ck up.

I know what car i would rather be parked on my drive..........:hahahehe:

(if I had a choice, but certainly would not turn down the foo fighter, a bit like would you climb over Dolly Buster to get to Asia carrera- der... no, you would stop of for a while at Dolly!!:stick: )