http://www.forbes.com/afxnewslimited/feeds/afx/2008/03/12/afx4761291.html

Audiphile
March 20th, 2008, 03:28
Please, comment on this one...

http://www.forbes.com/afxnewslimited/feeds/afx/2008/03/12/afx4761291.html

A sad day for Audi:noshake:

AndyBG
March 20th, 2008, 04:04
Are you totally convinced that Wiedeking will bring Audi to its knees... ?

Ti-Mike
March 20th, 2008, 06:10
there is proof that Sister Companies like Lambo and Porsche have blocked Audi on Q7 and R8 projects.

No matter how Dr. Wiedeking has done an outstanding job at Porsche............NO DOUBT ......for this he has all my respect.......from the point of view as an R8 driver, well that's another story.

Audiphile
March 20th, 2008, 17:06
there is proof that Sister Companies like Lambo and Porsche have blocked Audi on Q7 and R8 projects.

No matter how Dr. Wiedeking has done an outstanding job at Porsche............NO DOUBT ......for this he has all my respect.......from the point of view as an R8 driver, well that's another story.

I hope that Wiedeking in all his experience will allow Audi to be Audi. That is all I am saying. I do not think he will bring Audi down as I assume he is an astute business person realizes the folly of such a thing. However, I do hope Piech lands a seat on the Audi Supervisory Board to counter Wiedeking and his henchman, the finance CFO for Porsche because I can see them trying to cut some of Audi's high-end projects - maybe. It is hard to tell. But if the quote above is true, then it will really be a sad day for Audi and worse yet make it uncompetitive against its rivals. At least, I would hope Wiedeking understands the concept of competition among the world's three great premium brands - Audi, BMW, and Mercedes-Benz - as he is German after all. Porsche can only benefit from this alliance of VW-Porsche-Audi. Yes, it is true the Audi Board blocked cooperation with Porsche on the development of the Q5/Porsche equivalent SUV because Audi felt the Porsche would be direct competition against its Q5. Porsche did not block the Q7, but Audi was very astute to insert a clause allowing it to develop its own big SUV at the time when VW and Porsche cooperated on the development. Lambo is in no position to block Audi. That is ridiculous. Audi owns Lambo and pulls its technology at will as well as develop technology it gives to Lambo as in the case of Gallardo. It is more the Gallardo imitating the R8 then the other way around.

What the plans of Wiediking are on the Audi supervisory board is anyone's guess. I know Audi and Porsche are to cooperate on the R4/Boxster. However, I have read Piech and Wiediking are not seeing eye to eye right now, but Wiediking has full support of the Porsche family which has increased its stake (shares) in the Porsche Holding Company which owes Porsche and the 31% of VAG over the Piech families. If Porsche grabs 75% of VAG and takes full control then a new company is born. However, the government of Lower Saxony is having none of that and is attempting to block this. I for one, would like them to succeed in blocking a full take-over of VAG by Porsche. To me it isn't a good thing if one party has all the power. Just look at Chrysler and Daimler.

As an Audi enthusiast, I am somewhat concerned, and I would like to see Wiedeking make a statement regarding Porsche's intention in terms of their seats on Audi's Supervisory Board and what they intend to do if anything. Also, I would like to hear from Audi's CEO and its Labor Boards. Audi employees are set to get some very high bonuses this year and Audi's success has been due highly to its employees strong regard for Audi. I would hate to see Porsche erode this very important corporate culture.

AndyBG
March 20th, 2008, 22:23
It is interesting to see that none of these persons isn't making any statements...

Big things are developing, yet everybody are quiet...

Audiphile
March 22nd, 2008, 18:15
Lastest rumor as described in the current issue of Automotive News Europe is Audi will spin off from VAG and become quasi-independent with Porsche and Audi forming a new premium based group. Porsche and Audi will control Audi, not VAG and Porsche will increase its stake in VAG to over 50% essentially splitting VW and Audi completely apart. Interesting rumor. I am not really against this because Audi and Porsche are a better combination then VW and Audi. Audi still will get the economy of scale because Porsche will hold majority stake in VAG and therefore sharing strategies will be maintained. Yet, Audi will not be burdened by VW's economy roots.