Interior Silver
Mileage 31823
Price $49,900
VIN WUAPV64B83N904607

:rs6kiss:

http://www.rufautocentre.com/

DuckWingDuck
March 19th, 2008, 20:04
I have to say, wood trim doesn't really fit on this car. The CF trim looks much better.

LU-RS6
March 19th, 2008, 20:09
Not my type of RS6...

I feel so sorry for the U.S. guys with their seats :nana:

Second of all I'm not liking the interior inlays, not familiar with the name but it's woodish.

Third of all I'd upgrade the wheels.

And last but not least I would prefer an avant ( I know U.S. guys, sorry but I'd better be honest!)

Spotted this sedan around Siegen (D), now this I dig!

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t260/Chillax666/spotted%20cars/Picture007Medium.jpg

DuckWingDuck
March 19th, 2008, 20:18
The seats, you are so right about the seats!!

Copper
March 19th, 2008, 23:14
I drove a RUF Yellow Bird around Watkins Glen once (a friend's car) and I can say it is the only car I've driven that scared the living crap out of me. After two laps I was done. Way out of my league. Really difficult to keep from kissing one's own rear.

I drove a much "tamer" Ferrari 360 the rest of the day.

BTW: I agree about the silver leather color, not my fav. I love Daytona Gray Ext. however and also not a huge fan of the greenish wood. CF for me. Maybe the flash makes that wood color look strange? 18" wheels are fine, I've got 'em!

Erik
March 20th, 2008, 07:24
Yes, the Yellowbird is not a very good beginner's car :D

Try the Rt12, you'll love it

LU-RS6
March 20th, 2008, 08:55
I still have to meet the first guy who wouldn't love it :cool2:

Erik, have you seen Rami from Belgium's Turbo R cab? What's your opinion on it?

CornersWell
March 20th, 2008, 13:41
I do agree about the seats. When I looked into purchasing a set of the Euro Recaros and swapping the US seats out, it got very expensive very quickly. I'm disappointed that Audi didn't deliver the Recaros to the US. Very disappointed. We also got shorted on the Navigation system. And, Audi's current line that the RS6 won't make it here is even more disappointing. Although, at $120K+, it would be too much green for a daily driver.

It does seem we get the short end of the stick sometimes. Until recently, we were able to depend on cheap fuel prices to even out the score. Guess that's the end of that, though.

Just paid $3.43 per gallon for premium. Understand it's going to get worse this summer, too.

CW

i_am_Waz
March 20th, 2008, 13:49
Copper is right about the wood in this photo.... looks too light.

I traded out my CF for the wood trim with Boosted Bora from this forum because the wood is not that light. It is actually very classy and several people have commented on it. The CF doesn't look bad... but my preferences was the woodgrain.

I think since I have the black Interior, it helps make it look darker as well.

Waz

ben916
March 20th, 2008, 16:16
it could be the flash on the wood trim that makes it look light.

The only reason for light seat inserts would be a hot climate, Arizona, Saudi, UAE, Singapore, etc. It keeps the back of the leg sizzle factor to a low...

Copper
March 20th, 2008, 18:09
Ahh.. RT12.. drool. Thanks Erik now my keyboard is messy :bow:

I was at a track day event running my 993TT a few years ago and our PCA event dove-tailed into the US RUF gathering so they shared the track with us for a few hours. Standard P-cars are like Hondas in comparison to what RUF does with them. I'm too much of a soft American driver to actually own and drive a RUF around town and on the track. I'd be scared to lose concentration and wrap it around a Starbucks drive through pole or something. All the electronic nannys are a big plus for me in a 500+HP daily driver.

My last few 5 Series all had wood inserts and so does my wife's GX470 so I like the change from wood to CF. Its subtle. The installer of my K-40 had to pull off some of the inserts and his comment was "real CF, not an overlay". No wonder Audi wants your first born to purchase it from the dealer.

DuckWingDuck
March 20th, 2008, 18:11
Don't get me wrong, I think wood is pretty nice but for me, it doesn't fit with the image I have of the RS6. In my mother's Lexus, the wood is lovely.

AuditudeA642
March 20th, 2008, 23:39
Cornerswell, in NY its $3.87 a Gallon, for 93 Octane. $4.14 for Full Serve. The RS6 looks so much better with a Euro Plate.

DuckWingDuck
March 21st, 2008, 03:20
I run mine without a plate ;D Will snap a photo in the morning for y'all.

Erik
March 21st, 2008, 13:51
Erik, have you seen Rami from Belgium's Turbo R cab? What's your opinion on it?

Yes, I have seen the pics.

I am sure it's a very fast car, and styling-wise he is going his own way with a GT2 front and some special Ruf rear wing and special exhaust. Sportec wheels I think?
It's his car and as long he's happy that's fine.
If I had done it I would probably have gone with 100% Ruf (or whatever tuner one choses) to keep the car in the same style. I think resale value might be higher that way, but some people don't have to care about that.
And I wouldn't have gone with a convertible, unless I had a whole stable of cars. :)

Link to the latest pics of Rami's car.
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119526&page=5

Erik
March 25th, 2008, 09:22
Rami's Ruf

http://www.teamspeed.com/forums/997-turbo/3882-my-ruf-rt12-cab-performance-sheet-movies.html

I hooked up a Performance Box to see how my baby performs.
The car only has 2000km (1250 miles) so the numbers will only improve.

Here are numbers from various runs (tank 3/4 full, A/C on, 20" wheels on street tires without pre-heating):
0-100kph (62mph): 3,64 sec
0-160kph (99.4mph): 6,92 sec
0-200kph (124.27mph): 10,70 sec
0-402m (quarter mile): 11,42 sec (trap 205.61kph or 127.76mph) ... this needs to improve but it will take me some time to perform a perfect launch.

100kph (62mph) -200kph (124.27mph): 6.50 sec

crispix
March 25th, 2008, 15:15
I like the wood trim in my beastie a lot. If not mistaken I believe it's Poplar.

Mine is much darker than the RUF RS6. Also, to be completely honest, I do not like the silver interior at all.. Should have never been offered..

Had many comments how nice the wood looks..

crispix..