PDA

View Full Version : LED problems.

The Pretender
March 18th, 2008, 17:06
I see time and time again Audi's with LED defects.
To day i saw 2 new A4's with broken LED's, yesterday an A5 and last week a R8.
And not one , no 2-3 per side.
Further Audi have put the rear A4 LED lights on hold for a couple of years.
The rumour is that they will be standard after the facelift in 4 years time.

Jarod.

Rage
March 19th, 2008, 10:42
Ive wondered about this sometimes.

Looks very tacky if youre driving around with partially lit LEDS

MPT
March 19th, 2008, 11:27
I see time and time again Audi's with LED defects.
To day i saw 2 new A4's with broken LED's, yesterday an A5 and last week a R8.
And not one , no 2-3 per side.

Jarod.

Yes, there is problems with the head-light LEDs on the new Audi's. Audi is intensively working on solving this problem. My S5 even had broken LEDs when i took delivery :vhmmm:.

It's getting quite expensive for Audi though. If just one (!!) of the LEDs in each headlight break, the whole headlight must be replaced !! (that is everything; glas, "dish", xenon-bulb, indicators etc.).

The tail LEDs doesn't seem to have this problem though (look at the A6 C6, A8 etc.), and i can't find any reason why Audi hasn't put them in A5/A4 B8.

Mockenrue
March 19th, 2008, 11:29

A couple of years??!? BMW have had LED rear lights available on the 3 series since 2003 ffs. :w:

RXBG
March 19th, 2008, 12:55
A couple of years??!? BMW have had LED rear lights available on the 3 series since 2003 ffs. :w:

yes. but not all leds are the same. the ones bmw uses are simple diodes. cheap and design-wise- very cheap and cheap looking, exactly the same as honda's and toyota's. audi's leds are a level above, both in design and appearance.

Mockenrue
March 19th, 2008, 13:11
True enough, you're right. :thumb: But as MPT points out, the C6 A6 and A8 etc. seem unaffected so one wonders why there's a delay in incorporating similar technology into the B8 cars.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

MPT
March 21st, 2008, 16:58
Has anyone here with an A4/A5/R8 with Xenon/LED-headlamps experience their headlamps steam up ?

Ive just been driving in light snow and rain, and my headlamps were almost ½ steamed up ?

96a4
March 21st, 2008, 18:48
I work at a dealership in the US and we have not seen 1 car for any LED problem.

MPT
March 21st, 2008, 18:56
Well, we have - but only problems with the LED's. And because of easter, i can't get any information about steamed up head lights.

Some of my previous Audi's have done it with tail lights (not very much) and with fog lights.