PDA

View Full Version : anyone waiting for the TipTronic S4

Shak
July 3rd, 2003, 22:36
Now that a few people have got their manual S4s on the road :)

what about those of us awaiting the Tiptronic S4, surely i am not the only one out there.

My dealer informs me Oct/Nov, and I still have not spec'd the car up yet, however my deposit is #1 on the list, and has been down for over 15 months...

Shak

(btw, can we keep away from Tiptronics are crap etc etc, and stick to the question asked, pretty please)

Erik
July 3rd, 2003, 22:50
I can't offer any serious reply other than it will be released during the autumn. Hmmm...there is a big auto show in Germany in mid-Sept. ;)

I have an A6 2.7T with Tiptronic and I think the Tiptronic is excellent in most cases. Especially if you live in around crowded areas with a lot of traffic. I've taken mine to track a few times and it works fine. There's some G-sensor that won't shift gear if your making a turn etc.

BUT - I'm a bit surprised that the S4 will not come with the DSG as offered in the new TT.
Something similar (way better is probably the correct description) will be offered in the Bugatti Veyron so I'm not really into the BS that the power is to high.

But soon enough I think the S4 and other cars will be offered with the DSG (you better find out how it works!).
Just think RS6 MkII with V10 and DSG. :0:

Sat in an Porsche 996 Turbo X50 TechArt (520 bhp) around the track today for a few laps and we said WOW! things will be wonderful when the next generation comes with DSG-type gearbox and Haldex clutch.

Snow
July 4th, 2003, 20:02
Is there any link where I can find out a bit more about the technic used in a DSG-transmission?
Oh, forgot. Sorry Shak... :p

quattro
July 4th, 2003, 23:41
Originally posted by Snow
Is there any link where I can find out a bit more about the technic used in a DSG-transmission?

Try to search the S3 / TT forum for DSG...

Shak
July 16th, 2003, 16:21
just had a call from the dealers wanting me to go in and spec the Tiptronic up :)

looks like order book is open...

Shak

Silvant
July 17th, 2003, 20:32
tiptronic???:error: