PDA

View Full Version : Greddy boost controler...

RS6 POWER
March 17th, 2008, 16:13
Hi there...hs anybody installed a Greddy boost controler on thier RS6??? any suggestions on this item???

Thanks,
Manuel

JWC
March 17th, 2008, 19:28
I don't have an RS6 but I did install one on my 02 TT Porsche 996. They work great and easy to install. I have had it on my car for about a year now and no problems to date.

RS6 POWER
March 18th, 2008, 05:05
Will the ECU automatically adjust the A/F ratio when I turn-up the boost???Thanks,Manuel

rs-mad
March 18th, 2008, 05:25
Tune will only allow for what ever fuel the tuner has allowed. Turning up the boost will likely change the A/F Ratio aswell as increase EGT's causing the ECU to dump fuel and pull timing

RS-MAD

O.CT USA
March 19th, 2008, 02:30
I don't think it will work though because the ECU is programmed with a specified area where its suppose to be. If anything is out of spec it may put you into limp mode.

rs-mad
March 19th, 2008, 03:29
Can be done but the person doing it needs to know what to look out for as far as:

EGT's
Knock
AF Ratio

Some tuners also disable some things such as EGT control so incase of exceeding same temp's the ecu will not automatically enrich the AF Ration causing drastic engine failure.

Should only be done on a dyno with a AF Ratio probe

RS6 POWER
March 19th, 2008, 12:36
This will be done by a pro and at the dyno with all the pulls done in 3rd gear.

Regards,
Manuel

rs-mad
March 19th, 2008, 12:44
This will be done by a pro and at the dyno with all the pulls done in 3rd gear.

Regards,
Manuel

Manuel,

I don't mean to rain on your parade but I am sorry to say that if this was being done by a "pro" then he wouldnt be using an external boost controller and lemmiwinks!!.

A proper "tuner" would write a custom map that would have the necessary changes to fuel, timing and boost.

At the very least he would modify the existing map but as you are already using a tuned map that would be a big no-no in the tuning world.

Also you dont need BOOST to make HP timing is just as effective a good tuner can combine both and give you HP and Torque

RS-MAD