PDA

View Full Version : Audi Q5 to be released at Beijing motorshow with 7speed DSG!

Ruergard
March 16th, 2008, 23:13
At least according to worldcarfans.com

http://images.worldcarfans.com/articles/2008/3/16/9080316.005/9080316.005.1L.jpg

"Audi Q5 dominated the headlines over a month ago when several so-called ‘first images’ of the five-seater SUV found their way through various websites online. It was initially reported to make its world debut at Geneva, but this speculation was quashed when Audi announced its Q7 V12 TDI sometime later instead. After a month of silence, rumours over the debut of the Q5 are now surfacing again.

Autoweek reports that the Q5 will be unveiled at the Beijing Motor Show next month, packed with Audi's new seven-speed DSG/S-Tronic. It will be based on Audi’s MLP platform (which apparently will also underpin Porsche’s upcoming five-seater SUV), with a longitudinally placed engine. The new gearbox can handle up to 405 lb-ft of torque and 8,500 rpm of engine revs; and will initially appear in future Quattro models as well as in the new A4, and subsequently in all front-wheel-drive models."

Can anyone confirm this? :)

Leadfoot
March 17th, 2008, 00:40
All the figures for the gearbox sound about right so my guess is this part is genuine, especially the torque.

P.S.

This gearbox will work well with the V10FSi from the R8 which it was clearly developed for. Oh but that car can't use this box so I wonder will that engine find it's way into something else. ;)

Rage
March 17th, 2008, 14:45
All the figures for the gearbox sound about right so my guess is this part is genuine, especially the torque.

P.S.

This gearbox will work well with the V10FSi from the R8 which it was clearly developed for. Oh but that car can't use this box so I wonder will that engine find it's way into something else. ;)

I assume youre alluding to the RS5....hence my peaked interest:bow:

Why wont the R8V10 use the DSG? Im assuming the RS5 will have DSG though.

Leadfoot
March 17th, 2008, 15:19
I assume youre alluding to the RS5....hence my peaked interest:bow:

Why wont the R8V10 use the DSG? Im assuming the RS5 will have DSG though.

Yeah, I mean the RS5. :D

Like I have said on a number of occasions, the info I received was it would be N/A and produce a torque figure in excess of 500Nm, whether this is still their (QuattroGmbH) thinking I don't know but they have designed the gearbox to cope not only with the torque amount but also the rev limit. Clearly this gearbox was design with a N/A engine in mind.

The internals could be possibly used in the R8, of course a different casing would be required at the very least but as this particular version was design for the MLP platform and is capable of the above figures, one can only assume that Audi are intending to attach it to something pretty special. :hahahehe:

Rage
March 17th, 2008, 15:39
Yeah, I mean the RS5. :D

Like I have said on a number of occasions, the info I received was it would be N/A and produce a torque figure in excess of 500Nm, whether this is still their (QuattroGmbH) thinking I don't know but they have designed the gearbox to cope not only with the torque amount but also the rev limit. Clearly this gearbox was design with a N/A engine in mind.

The internals could be possibly used in the R8, of course a different casing would be required at the very least but as this particular version was design for the MLP platform and is capable of the above figures, one can only assume that Audi are intending to attach it to something pretty special. :hahahehe:

Cool,

In that case the only thing that concerns me is the price.