PDA

View Full Version : Rs4 Emmisions Warning Light

butcher
March 15th, 2008, 23:56
Hi everyone,
driving home on the freeway, my RS4s warning light popped up for the emissions catylatic converter :vgrumpy:

the manual says ther may be a problem with the emissions setup (catylatic).
car only has 13,000 km. W.T.F.
will book car into dealer to check monday

any one else had problems with so called warning light/ emissions setup
anyway still love my :rs4kiss:

Manual says running low on fuel can cause catyatic converter to play up ????

OzRS4
March 16th, 2008, 09:37
Hi Butcher,
I had the exact problem, the light came on its own. Dealer reset it and it came up again with EPc light as well. They ended up replacing the whole intake manifold and it has been fine since. The engine was running rich for a while and they couldn't do anything about it prior to the lights coming on. Hope that helps.

jasaretta
March 16th, 2008, 19:56
Sam here - there is a long post on what happened with mine on here somwehere.

jas

QuattroFun
March 16th, 2008, 20:27
Ha, I have also had the same sequence of warning lights - first emission and then EPC - coming on a few times. Must be a generic issue. I also experienced related problems like severe loss of power and torque coupled engine shudder.

They have so far put in new sparks a few times, changed one lambda sensor in the exhaust system and - finally - new fuel sprayers as well as lowered fuel injection pressure. The car has been in service now four or five times on these issues, which they reportedly finally fixed with advice from quattro GmbH.

For now this has cured all the problems and my RS4 is as enjoyable as ever, but lets us see if everything remains fine down the road. Certainly hope so...

jasaretta
March 17th, 2008, 03:03
Have a look at this - the replacement of the catalytic converter dint fix it form memory. I seem to remember a sensor that is out of tolerance.

james

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11093&highlight=EPC

butcher
March 17th, 2008, 04:53
Hi,
took car to dealer, they took it away and came back 15min. later
warning light was turned off. :)

they told me it was a LAMBA sensor problem,
may come on again, not to worry about,
but they would like the car to come back for more testing:mech:

fuel octane could be a concern and running low on fuel is a concern. :doh:

anyway the weapon is ready for NZ easter long weekend , great roads around the Coromandel :rs4kiss: