PDA

View Full Version : Place your bets - RS6 or M5 faster in Sport Autos upcoming test?

Erik
March 12th, 2008, 15:45
According to rumors, Sport Auto is going to test the new Audi RS6 Avant vs. the BMW M5 (unkowns if sedan or touring).

Ladies and Gentlemen, place your bets and tell us what you think. :vhmmm:

Who will be the winner 0 - 200 km/h?
(I don't expect a draw, so ruled out that option)

Tony Lam
March 12th, 2008, 15:51
if they test between RS 6 and E63AMG i will think that the E63AMG may win the test:vhmmm: ....what do u guys think about it??

Audifan92
March 12th, 2008, 15:54
I think the RS6 can take the M5 Touring 0-200.

Trebor
March 12th, 2008, 16:05
:addict:
RS6 0-200km/hr
Going to replace my current RS6
Just completed the contract for the new one, delivery not until July / Aug :eye:

Leadfoot
March 12th, 2008, 16:17
I still reckon the RS6 will be the quicker at any of the acceleration disciplines, be it standing starts or in-gear times. But that is only my opinion, I don't know it for a fact.

But I bet I know a man who does. ;)

Leadfoot
March 12th, 2008, 16:20
Who the f#'k said the M5 would win. :w:

Erik, ban them right away. :p

Charles DLF
March 12th, 2008, 17:01
it's going very close i think, but i think those 70 ponies more, and that extra bit of torque should make for the RS

cornishmoocher
March 12th, 2008, 19:37
I think the M5, no wait the RS6, no the M5, nah the RS6, definately the RS5M6 evoAMG536, oh i don't F*ckin know, but i want the RS6!!!!!!!!

Ruergard
March 12th, 2008, 19:43
This might be one of the closest comparsions ever, going to be sooooo interesting! :revs:

But for the performance, 0-200 km/h i guess there will be very even, Audi should have the upperhand here. But from rolling starts and over 200 km/h the RS6 is going to have a tough time. Those high revs and that quick SMGIII with seven gears really does the trick there for the beemer. But as said, I can't wait! :D

Erik
March 12th, 2008, 20:10
Posted the same Q on m5board.com :D

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=114445

Please remember: "vote on the car you think will win, not the car you want to win"

cornishmoocher
March 12th, 2008, 21:24
Please remember: "vote on the car you think will win, not the car you want to win"[/quote]

Ah. ok. I think the RS6 will- just. (i did vote that way!):D

JavierNuvolari
March 12th, 2008, 22:22
I believe it'll be the RS 6 . Although I would like to see some trakc times comparison rather than an accelerartion one.

KarlMarx
March 12th, 2008, 23:40
Leadie - have you noticed that if you click on the number of people who voted for each choice, then it tells you who voted what? Interesting...

AndyBG
March 13th, 2008, 02:46
Please remember: "vote on the car you think will win, not the car you want to win"

:doh: I allready did that... ! :D :addict:

Erik
March 13th, 2008, 06:54
Leadie - have you noticed that if you click on the number of people who voted for each choice, then it tells you who voted what? Interesting...

Yes, I made the vote public :hihi:

Ruergard
March 13th, 2008, 08:18
Yes, I made the vote public :hihi:

Dammit!! :jlol:

Leadfoot
March 13th, 2008, 16:21

I have just received a PM regarding this and to be honest I think we will have to reading into the report more closely than just looking at the actual figures.

Hopefully that might give you a hint as to the actual results. ;)

Erik
March 25th, 2008, 15:24
From another post...

Test from German AutoBild....

.........RS6 ... M5 ... AMG E63
0-100 4,4s ... 4,9s ..4,4s
0-200 14,3s ..14,7s .15,1s

RS6 is fastest on track, has best brakes and consumption...

Erik
March 25th, 2008, 16:50
Video from AutoBild

http://aubi.media.boreus.de/tv/assets/06/6e/00278_320x200.mp4

El_cucaracha
March 27th, 2008, 10:39
i hope that 220kg advantage won't do the job....

Rutkowsky
March 27th, 2008, 11:11
How come M5 is 4.9s - 100km? Launch problems or no launch control used

Erik
March 27th, 2008, 11:39
507 hp on the rear wheels could be a bit of trouble perhaps ;)

KresoF1
March 28th, 2008, 18:27
RS6 Avant... Hockenheim 1:15,7min 2112kg...

Marv
March 28th, 2008, 19:36
RS6 Avant... Hockenheim 1:15,7min 2112kg...

About the same time as the RS4 I think. Presumably stock tyres for this time?

KresoF1
March 28th, 2008, 19:56
About the same time as the RS4 I think. Presumably stock tyres for this time?

20" Pirelli P Zero's, Ceramics...

artur777
March 28th, 2008, 22:12
And what time m5 at hocheknheim
KresoF1

KresoF1
March 28th, 2008, 22:14
Sport Auto tested only RS6 Avant. It wasn't comparison test.

M5 Limousine time is 1:16,5min with Conti tires.

Pit
March 28th, 2008, 22:31
RS6 wins evidently with 0-200 in 14,8s (14,3s in AB) to 15,4s (M5)....

and Hockenheim 1.15,7 to 1.16,5 (M5)....

Greetz, Pit.

chewym
March 28th, 2008, 22:37
So yes, the RS6 does deliver apparently. And people here thought that Audi was run by idiots.

KresoF1
March 29th, 2008, 08:42
Sorry to say but are Sport Auto test results really amazing?

14.8s for 0-200km/h is at factory level claim(14.9s). 2112kg is with optional Ceramics.

For 580hp results are nothing specail IMHO. Weight is a key factor why RS6 Avant did not beat RS4 on Hockenheim. Please, do not talk about tires since new P Zero(so called Hero version) are very, very close in performance to Corsa version...

Do not take me wrong here-I still like new RS6 a lot. Just overachiver it is not...

Leadfoot
March 29th, 2008, 09:14
Sorry to say but are Sport Auto test results really amazing?

14.8s for 0-200km/h is at factory level claim(14.9s). 2112kg is with optional Ceramics.

For 580hp results are nothing specail IMHO. Weight is a key factor why RS6 Avant did not beat RS4 on Hockenheim. Please, do not talk about tires since new P Zero(so called Hero version) are very, very close in performance to Corsa version...

Do not take me wrong here-I still like new RS6 a lot. Just overachiver it is not...

Kerso,

Nothing special you think, and an overachiver. Lets look at the results that Pit provided. RS6 14,8s (15,4s M5)....0~200km/h, that is a whole 0.6s ahead, how far in meters is that at that speed..........I can tell you it's more than a few of lengths.:hihi: You may say that the M5 has recorded much better times than this but on the two tests that have been conducted against the RS6 it has always been behind by a similar margin. The RS6 has done what it set out to do which was to be quicker than the M5 and E63...............I say job done.

Likewise on the track it's again comfortably ahead of it's main rivals, proving that the RS6 is also the king of the track regardless if the M5 is the more entertaining.

Once you take these figures to the public highway the results will be that the RS6 is in a totally different league to the others which more than justify the extra dosh and proves beyond doubt that Audi are the new kings of performance saloon/estate/coupes.

Greetz, Pit.

El_cucaracha
March 29th, 2008, 16:43
worth a mention that 1.16.5 was sedan M5 and 15.7 was avant RS6... sedan will probably do it 1.15.0 or less...

Leadfoot
March 29th, 2008, 16:56
Did you notice the names which thought the M5 would be quicker. All of them would be regarded as BMW fans in my book.

And all of them praying to a false god I might add. :hihi:

El_cucaracha
March 29th, 2008, 16:58
hey guys, i accedently pushed the wrond butten, and my voice is for BMW, can i somehow change it....

Leadfoot
March 29th, 2008, 19:01
hey guys, i accedently pushed the wrond butten, and my voice is for BMW, can i somehow change it....

Sorry, too late you will be doomed with the rest of them.;)

Rage
March 29th, 2008, 20:41
I voted for M5 not because im a bavarian fanboy....rather I respect great cars and no one can doubt the M5 is a great car. I voted that way because I thought it would win at higher speeds.

Im pleasantly surprised that that the RS6 won since this proves Audi is serious about improving on competitors and bodes well for the upcoming performance models (withholding porsche interference:( ).

As ever eagerly awaiting R8V10/RS5/TTRS/RS4.

audi_ch
March 29th, 2008, 23:16
Kerso,

Nothing special you think, and an overachiver. Lets look at the results that Pit provided. RS6 14,8s (15,4s M5)....0~200km/h, that is a whole 0.6s ahead, how far in meters is that at that speed..........I can tell you it's more than a few of lengths.:hihi: You may say that the M5 has recorded much better times than this but on the two tests that have been conducted against the RS6 it has always been behind by a similar margin. The RS6 has done what it set out to do which was to be quicker than the M5 and E63...............I say job done.

Likewise on the track it's again comfortably ahead of it's main rivals, proving that the RS6 is also the king of the track regardless if the M5 is the more entertaining.

Once you take these figures to the public highway the results will be that the RS6 is in a totally different league to the others which more than justify the extra dosh and proves beyond doubt that Audi are the new kings of performance saloon/estate/coupes.

Greetz, Pit.

as mutch i love audi, i want to stay objectiv, and to say "rs6 is totally in a differant league than m5 is just not true.

On any test we had now the acceleration 100-200 kmh m5 was either identical to rs6 or faster, and on those speeds we will battle on the german high ways.

When do you think it will happen that you find an rs6 and an m5 owner wicht do 0-100 kmh acceleration battles.

and the other question is what happens above 200 kmh.

i am personally disapointed, i dont see the rs6 as clear winner over the 2 years old m5 in strightline acceleration on the relevant speeds, exept on 0-100, but this is mor to the superbe quattro system then to the more horsepower and torque.

Common, every audi boy, so did i wished that the new rs6 is more than 1 second faster from 100-200 then the rest, but this is just not the case.
As the m5 touring the rs6 needs about 10 sec for this speed...

Leadfoot
March 30th, 2008, 00:22
I will answer what makes the RS6 in a different league to the M5. Firstly the RS6 is able to put all of it's power to the road, even before the corner straightens up, that is something the M5 can not do which gives the RS6 an advantage on to the next straight. Secondly the RS6 will not need to cut it's power soon after hard driving, something the M5 does, it heats up far to quickly (the only thing it does do quicker than an RS6). Also the RS6 is running at it's lowest output needed to stay ahead which means Audi have room to increase it's power for production cars. That is something the M5 hasn't the luxury of, increasing it's output to stay in touch will only lead to more temperature reliability problems.

Basically the RS6 can run all day long where as the M5 can not, a couple of long hard runs and it's done.

So it's a no win situation for BMW at the moment, until they except that they have to go down the turbo path they will always come second best to the RS6.

Rage
March 30th, 2008, 01:14
I will answer what makes the RS6 in a different league to the M5. Firstly the RS6 is able to put all of it's power to the road, even before the corner straightens up, that is something the M5 can not do which gives the RS6 an advantage on to the next straight. Secondly the RS6 will not need to cut it's power soon after hard driving, something the M5 does, it heats up far to quickly (the only thing it does do quicker than an RS6). Also the RS6 is running at it's lowest output needed to stay ahead which means Audi have room to increase it's power for production cars. That is something the M5 hasn't the luxury of, increasing it's output to stay in touch will only lead to more temperature reliability problems.

Basically the RS6 can run all day long where as the M5 can not, a couple of long hard runs and it's done.

So it's a no win situation for BMW at the moment, until they except that they have to go down the turbo path they will always come second best to the RS6.

That only really applies to a track situation. If youre buying these cars on track-ability them then something is wrong with you.

As much as I love RS cars....the RS6 is not in a different league league to the M5.

chewym
March 30th, 2008, 01:42
So now that the 0-200 question is settled, people are looking for an even more obscure test to base which car is better?

The RS6 at worst will be even in a 100-200 obscure test, it was only 1/2 a second quicker in the 0-100, yet it got to 200 with a bit more than 1/2 second lead.

Pit
March 30th, 2008, 13:55
the RS6 is not in a different league league to the M5.

And why not?

The M5 can only follow (!) -> ONLY FOLLOW the RS6 in perfect dry conditions and above 100 Km/H.

The M5 can NOT follow the RS6 in a rainy day, on snow, on track,
in fast corners, in slow corners and accelerating from them, on
dirty roads, on uneven roads.... The M5's brakes, gearbox, suspension
are not in the league of RS6...

The M5 performance compared to RS6's is only few days available....
in perfect situations... in Germany maybe during a week in year...

At long last.... the design...:doh:

Greetz, Pit.

Leadfoot
March 30th, 2008, 14:00
Maybe you all missed the part about the current output spec that the magazines are testing in the RS6 is at it's lowest output, the engine can be easily tweaked by Audi for production spec cars if they feel the need.

This is something BMW can not do with the M5 unless they adopt forced induction or increase capacity, neither of which would be easily achieved in such a short space of time.

I have it from a good source ;) that the RS6 is quicker in 9 out of 10 situations, which to me means the RS6 is quicker, end of story.

Rage
March 30th, 2008, 14:40
No one is doubting the RS6 is quicker. The margin is in the fractions of a second. That does not make it in a different league. If you really think so then watch the Topgear RS4/M3/C63 test.

The RS4 is the slowest by 5 seconds around a track then the M3, all cars driven by the Stig on the same day sequentially.

5 seconds in a ~1.40 track

If you think the RS6 is in a different league to the M5 based on a fraction of a second difference, then you must think the RS4 has more in common to a barge boat then to the M3. Neither of which is true.

KresoF1
March 30th, 2008, 16:51
Maybe you all missed the part about the current output spec that the magazines are testing in the RS6 is at it's lowest output, the engine can be easily tweaked by Audi for production spec cars if they feel the need.

This is something BMW can not do with the M5 unless they adopt forced induction or increase capacity, neither of which would be easily achieved in such a short space of time.

I have it from a good source ;) that the RS6 is quicker in 9 out of 10 situations, which to me means the RS6 is quicker, end of story.

Leadie,

I agree with you in 85% of cases but, you are fishing here...

Low output engines for PRESS cars...:doh: You must be kidding, aren't you?

How about Mercedes C63 AMG numbers from same issue of Sport Auto?

0-100km/h: 4.4s
0-200km/h:14.0s
80-180km/h: 15.3s(fifth gear)
1772kg
1:15,2min Hockenheim

BTW, 80-180km/h for RS6 Avant is 16.7s(fifth gear)...

Erik
March 30th, 2008, 17:20

Not very likely IMO. :nono: Check your sources, or get them changed...

Leadfoot
March 30th, 2008, 20:27
The question I asked was whether the RS6 would be quicker than the M5, this was at the time when KersoF1 stated we wouldn't be to impressed with the then soon to be revealed SportAuto results. The reply back was that on almost all situations the RS6 would indeed the quicker car but he advised that the M5 v10 engine was prone to temperature problem if the car will pushed too hard and for too long, at which point it's power would be reduced.

He then went on to say that the RS6 had no such problems and was running at it's lowest output required to stay ahead of the competition but if the need was felt there was plenty of scope to increase the output if so desired. Whether this might the basic RS6 or a future RS6+ I honestly don't know, I took that as meaning the basic car would be increased.

Read into it what you will but he hasn't been wrong as of yet and I have little doubt that his statement is wrong on this occasion ethier.

Leadfoot
March 30th, 2008, 20:30
Leadie,

I agree with you in 85% of cases but, you are fishing here...

Low output engines for PRESS cars...:doh: You must be kidding, aren't you?

0-100km/h: 4.4s
0-200km/h:14.0s
80-180km/h: 15.3s(fifth gear)
1772kg
1:15,2min Hockenheim

BTW, 80-180km/h for RS6 Avant is 16.7s(fifth gear)...

Kerso,

Remember that one car is a 6speed (RS6) and the other a 7speed (C63), that will mess with the results a little. But no taking away from the C63, it is one hell of a quick car but the RS6 is not competing with it, it's rival was the M5 and E63 which it has beaten on at least two occasions (M5).

Pit
March 30th, 2008, 20:42
How about? Let's see upcoming RS5 + RS4 :hihi:

Here we takling about RS6 beating AMG E63 ....

Greetz, Pit.

chewym
March 31st, 2008, 03:23
Yep, 5 speed in a 7 speed gearbox is a lot different than 5 th speed in a 6 speed gearbox. Sure both will kickdown, but the C63 gets an advantage in this test.

chutia
March 31st, 2008, 18:00
That only really applies to a track situation. If youre buying these cars on track-ability them then something is wrong with you.

As much as I love RS cars....the RS6 is not in a different league league to the M5.

Absolutely agree!:thumb:
As previously stated, I've owned the RS6 and now own both the 06 CLS55 AMG and the 07 M5, and while obviously piloti like to track these cars, these really are not track cars. :nono: :vhmmm: They all weigh over 4,000 lb/2 tons, which is the exact opposite of what you ideally want in a track car, which is more a Lotus Elise.
But, hey, to each his own.:D

Freestyla80
April 1st, 2008, 21:58
The Tyres were done after one lap on the track. :brag:
I dont think that they will survive one lap on the Nordschleife, here will be a M5 better :cry:

Pit
April 3rd, 2008, 18:32
that would smoke the RS6
What want you to tell us? Maybe somethink about Audi's inconpetence?
Look at VAG Engines and tell me what engine do YOU wish in the RS6.
Murcielagos? Veyrons? Bentleys?

Audi has perfectly placed the RS6 on market and there is no more to
say...

Pit.

Leadfoot
April 3rd, 2008, 20:46
I know you are not an knowledgeable car nut because if you were you would be more than impressed with the Veyron like every motoring journalists have from every magazine you care to mention.

None of the cars or engines you are talking about could maintain the reliabilities of either the Veyron engine or the RS6 unit. The RS6 is only producing the bear minimum to stay ahead of the competition, remember that it's in the heaviest car yet uses the least amount of fuel and has to lowest co2s.

Try running an M5 engine hard for a long time to see how long it lasts. :hihi:

Erik
April 3rd, 2008, 21:15
I have to say I am not at all impressed with the veyron either. It is definitely fast, but any car manufacturer could have done that. Dodge just needs to slap 4 turbos on the viper. I understand it is 1 bar of boost.

There are plenty of reliable kits out there that will make 600+ horsepower out of a 3-4 liter engine. What about that loaded m3. That thing beats the veyron around the nurburgring by 10-20 seconds, I forget the actual times to be honest.

Please let me help you. 7.22,9 min is the figure you're looking for.

You sound like a troll :trash: to me with your so far three posts.

If anybody can do it, how come nobody did it?
Koenigsegg are pretty far away.
Ferrari are too. About 8 seconds to 300 in fact.
No need to mention Porsche.

I know the owner of the LOADED M3 CSL. I admire him and his project, but to say that it's a reliable kit might be pushing it a little ;)
AFAIK there are no official times for the Veyron for that matter.

If Dodge would put 4 turbos under the hood I'd love to see how they solved the tubing and the cooling. :lovl:

BTW, What are you impressed with? :vhmmm:

chewym
April 4th, 2008, 04:15
Audi is running very little boost in the RS6 engine. The torque figure is not the real torque but the quoted torque figure for the transmission. The RS6 engine is very, very fuel efficient. It gives the RS6 better fuel economy than the M5 even with more weight, AWD and more power. The engine can make more horsepower, like any turbo engine.

Also, you can't just slap a turbo on a high revving engine. I would like to see BMW keep the 8,000 RPM hp peak with a twin turbo V10 for the M5. You won't be able to do that. That's why you won't get any more horsepower from the BMW without more boost. Go look at the 911 GT2 and GT3 horsepower levels and the RPM where they are achieved.

And stop getting confused by tuners, they don't pass emissions, reliability, or fuel economy tests. Don't compare stock to tuned and then not be impressed. I am sure you will see 700 or so horsepower tuned RS6s in the future. But you won't have a warranty, maybe won't pass emissions, and will likely give up engine life and smoothness.

audi_ch
April 4th, 2008, 07:34
I know you are not an knowledgeable car nut because if you were you would be more than impressed with the Veyron like every motoring journalists have from every magazine you care to mention.

None of the cars or engines you are talking about could maintain the reliabilities of either the Veyron engine or the RS6 unit. The RS6 is only producing the bear minimum to stay ahead of the competition, remember that it's in the heaviest car yet uses the least amount of fuel and has to lowest co2s.

Try running an M5 engine hard for a long time to see how long it lasts. :hihi:

hm, the bear minimum to stay ahead of the competition...
were there not lot of post withc sayd the inofficial figures of the rs6 war about 600hp + and as well more torque.

That doesnt look to me for the minimum,

or was that just guesses and wishes.

10 sec from 100-200 hundert is neither for the m5 touring and the rs6 a so great number.. normel tuned rs4 b5 with around 460 hp will do the same i guess

Pit
April 4th, 2008, 07:42
normel tuned rs4 b5 with around 460 hp will do the same sorry, never ever.

Pit.

cornishmoocher
April 4th, 2008, 07:51
Please let me help you. 7.22,9 min is the figure you're looking for.

You sound like a troll :trash: to me with your so far three posts.

If anybody can do it, how come nobody did it?
Koenigsegg are pretty far away.
Ferrari are too. About 8 seconds to 300 in fact.
No need to mention Porsche.

I know the owner of the LOADED M3 CSL. I admire him and his project, but to say that it's a reliable kit might be pushing it a little ;)
AFAIK there are no official times for the Veyron for that matter.

If Dodge would put 4 turbos under the hood I'd love to see how they solved the tubing and the cooling. :lovl:

BTW, What are you impressed with? :vhmmm:

And to add to Eriks post who else is going to spend £5 MILLION pounds on EACH car to build?
As Clarkson said on TG. VW did it because they wanted to and to see if it could be done.

chewym
April 4th, 2008, 08:33
I don't think Clarkson is a best source for 100% thruthfull info.

audi_ch
April 4th, 2008, 08:52
sorry, never ever.

Pit.

check out rs-quattro.de, there are cars with around 460 horsepower (Ewg messured), witch pulls low 10 secs for 100-200

confirmed with gps data).

Those cars have around 600-700 nw torque, they got that witch bigger turbos, removing of (Vorkats, german word), and of course changing of datas. Even with normal turbos, a german magazin tested dirrerent tuners, and you will see the got high 9 secs for 100-200.

This is bassed on facts, will upload the test if i find it. (mtm, Abt, Sportec, oettinger)

Erik
April 4th, 2008, 09:08
but I was just expecting more like 700HP from the engine.

How could you expect 700 hp from a 580 hp engine? :rolleyes: ;)

If you don't like the car, no one is forcing you to buy it. Buy another and be happy.
The world is full of 700 hp Estates... :doh:

KresoF1
April 4th, 2008, 11:25
Little bit about Sport Auto test...

We know Hockenheim track time 1:15,7min but, article also said that tires lasted ONLY ONE LAP. After first lap tires were in very bad condition, specially fronts...

So, RS6 faster on lets say four lap race around Hockenheim? Hmm.....

BTW, German AZ also tested RS6 Avant

0-100km/h: 4.2s
0-200km/h:13.5s
2125kg

It is as fast as old Gallardo if you belive in their results.

Brigadier
April 4th, 2008, 12:33

2125kg

Could you pls give us a link to that test?

KresoF1
April 4th, 2008, 12:37
There is no link. I quoted from the magazine...

Leadfoot
April 4th, 2008, 12:52
Little bit about Sport Auto test...

We know Hockenheim track time 1:15,7min but, article also said that tires lasted ONLY ONE LAP. After first lap tires were in very bad condition, specially fronts...

So, RS6 faster on lets say four lap race around Hockenheim? Hmm.....

The issue with the tyres is similar to the one regarding it's true topspeed, the tyre condition goes off quite quickly, that's is why it's currently being limited to 175mph and not it's true topspeed of 205mph.

2125kg

Finally Audi are starting to turn the wick up on the RS6, these are the sort of figures I was told to expect from the RS6.

KresoF1
April 4th, 2008, 13:03
Leadie,

Just one problem-difference in 0-200km/h by different German car mags is simply said waay tooo big.

15.2s(AMS), 14.8s(SA), 14.3s(AB) and 13.5s(AZ)... All press cars...

For example difference in 0-200km/h for Porsche 997 Turbo were only 0.5s... Factory claim by Porsche is 12.8s, fastest was AB(12.1s), slowest SA(12.6s)...

So, tollerance at Porsche is better then in Audi? At least for press cars?

Erik
April 4th, 2008, 13:07

0-200km/h:13.5s :brag:
2125kg

That's insane! Gallardo acceleration with 2.2 ton and automatic gearbox in an Avant. History being written?

:addict:

cornishmoocher
April 4th, 2008, 13:23
I dont know if it has been said here before but i have just been into Audi at Tonbridge for some bits and was having a chat to there head salesman.

When you place your order for your new RS6, for £1400.00 audi will de-limit it to max out at 175mph (i saw that figure above), they WILL NOT let it go any faster from the factory. Any warranty on any RS6 will be null and void if any car has been found to be tweeked! Standard Audi warranty then, but do you believe the de-restricted to 175mph? But thats what Audi are selling alledgedly.

Leadfoot
April 4th, 2008, 13:26
Leadie,

Just one problem-difference in 0-200km/h by different German car mags is simply said waay tooo big.

15.2s(AMS), 14.8s(SA), 14.3s(AB) and 13.5s(AZ)... All press cars...

For example difference in 0-200km/h for Porsche 997 Turbo were only 0.5s... Factory claim by Porsche is 12.8s, fastest was AB(12.1s), slowest SA(12.6s)...

So, tollerance at Porsche is better then in Audi? At least for press cars?

No Kerso, re-read what I wrote, 'turned up the wick' that means Audi have finally decided it's time to up the power to make sure they are top dog.

Wait until the RS6+ comes out, I think many here will be surprised by the possible figures it will be capable of. :hahahehe:

P.S.
If you remember what I say some months ago that I was told in testing it was posting a 0-60mph time in the very low 4s and for the group to expect something like a 4.1~4.3s figure, well what do you know. Who was right after all. :D

KresoF1
April 4th, 2008, 13:27
The issue with the tyres is similar to the one regarding it's true topspeed, the tyre condition goes off quite quickly, that's is why it's currently being limited to 175mph and not it's true topspeed of 205mph.

The reason for only 280km/h top speed(and it will be the same for RS6 sedan) is aerodynamics. RS6 Avant do not create any downforce at all. Upforce is on the other hand that big that car would literally fly-away at over 300km/h... Same problem is also with S5(when its aerodynamics were measured by Sport Auto for its Supertest)-too big front uplift at high speed.

At new RS6 Avant uplift is so big that above 260km/h you got feeling that front wheels are actually flying... M5 suffers from same feeling as well.

Leadfoot
April 4th, 2008, 13:34
The reason for only 280km/h top speed(and it will be the same for RS6 sedan) is aerodynamics. RS6 Avant do not create any downforce at all. Upforce is on the other hand that big that car would literally fly-away at over 300km/h... Same problem is also with S5(when its aerodynamics were measured by Sport Auto for its Supertest)-too big front uplift at high speed.

At new RS6 Avant uplift is so big that above 260km/h you got feeling that front wheels are actually flying... M5 suffers from same feeling as well.

Kerso,

I am 100% certain that it's a tyre problem, they have tried all their current suppliers tyres and each version are blistering. The last thing I heard was which the manufacturers were working on a new compound exclusive to the RS6.

I haven't had the S5 at anything like 150mph but I know for a fact that the old S4v8 didn't suffer from light steering where you had no confidence in the car.

KresoF1
April 4th, 2008, 13:39
Bentley Conti GT uses the same Pirelli P Zero tires as RS6 Avant. What is its top speed? Over 320km/h? Only Conti GT aerodynamics is way better...

You are wrong here my friend...

Brigadier
April 4th, 2008, 13:44
Bentley Conti GT uses the same Pirelli P Zero tires as RS6 Avant. What is its top speed? Over 320km/h? Only Conti GT aerodynamics is way better...

I guess Conti uses Yokohama Advan Sport http://www.yokohamatire.com/advan/

Leadfoot
April 4th, 2008, 13:47

Sorry Kerso but you info is incorrect. Yes the Bentley GT uses the same tyres but unlike the RS6 the Bentley has a 50/50 weight balance, check it out and you will see I am correct on this. It's the front tyres on the RS6 which are giving the problems and remember the RS6 has 59.5% of it's weight over the front axle.

Leadfoot
April 4th, 2008, 13:49
I guess Conti uses Yokohama Advan Sport (http://www.yokohamatire.com/advan/)

I can't speak for the Bentley but I do know Audi tried Pirelli, Dunlop, Conti and all had the same problems.

gjg
April 4th, 2008, 14:28
Ok maybe I think you misunderstood me. Before the 580hp number was released I knew there was supposed to be a twin turbo 5-5.5 liter v10. There are several engines from various manufacturers that are making 100-120+ hp/liter. So with a 5.2 liter I would expect 520-624hp without any forced induction. Seems reasonable to expect atleast a 30% power increase by adding twin turbos at a reasonable boost which would be a hp range of 676hp-811hp. Just numbers, I didn't do any of this originally, 5.2 liters and twin turbo means a reliable 700hp in my mind. 700hp rs6 would kick e60 m5 ass at any speed, awd or not.

all depends what you want ... I need a reliable station wagon to comute back and forth to my office... if I want to show my "manhood" and kick some "ass" down the road and need 700 hp to do it I'd buy something else .... btw the 700 hp will not make anybody's dick any bigger .... :applause:

Pit
April 4th, 2008, 18:31
This is bassed on facts
Please tell me where i can read the tests with a 460HP RS4B5 doing
100-200 in <10s.

There are RS4 beating the 10s but with over 500HP, short gearbox,
bigger turbos, cooling system, without rearsits etc...

normal tuned RS4

Greetz, Pit.

audi_ch
April 7th, 2008, 07:24
Please tell me where i can read the tests with a 460HP RS4B5 doing
100-200 in <10s.

There are RS4 beating the 10s but with over 500HP, short gearbox,
bigger turbos, cooling system, without rearsits etc...

Greetz, Pit.

here we go, see sportec 460 ps 14 sec up to 200

Pit
April 7th, 2008, 09:15
Here i can not see what the tuning was and the sportec - the
fastest car - takes 100 - 200 in over 10s...

I dont think this was a normal tuned RS4...

Greetz, Pit.

audi_ch
April 7th, 2008, 10:23
Here i can not see what the tuning was and the sportec - the
fastest car - takes 100 - 200 in over 10s...

I dont think this was a normal tuned RS4...

Greetz, Pit.

i dont see any difference of tuning or normal tuning...

But yeay 10,1 sec is over 10 sec, but faster then 10,3 for for the rs6.

And as i said on rs-quattro.de you find the cars witch are under 10 sec with around 460 hp (Ewg)

if that is good for the engine or not is on other question, but people can make it.

Pit
April 7th, 2008, 17:00
i dont see any difference of tuning or normal tuning....See my post, i understand remapping as "normal tuning"..

But yeay 10,1 sec is over 10 sec, but faster then 10,3 for for the rs6. The RS6 was tested at 9,3s 100-200 in AZ.
And... yes 10,1 is more than 10,0 :hahahehe:

No question, the B5RS4 is a very good car... but not good enough to
compare it with RS6.. Very sorry we cant see what happens 200-300 km/h...

Pit.

Erik
April 14th, 2008, 08:14
Audi RS 6 Avant quattro V10 5.0 Biturbo
Test in sport auto 04/2008
Gewicht 2112 kg
0 - 80 km/h 3,4 s
0 - 100 km/h 4,5 s
0 - 120 km/h 6,2 s
0 - 130 km/h - s
0 - 140 km/h 7,9 s
0 - 160 km/h 9,7 s