PDA

View Full Version : will anyone buy a new GT-R??

Tony Lam
March 6th, 2008, 14:49
will anyone buy a new GT-R in the near future?? i'm thinking of getting one but i don't drive fast at all....i like the look only....:doh: should i buy one or just forget about it??

Ellden
March 6th, 2008, 15:54
For petrolheads like us buying a car is all about emotion. :race:

Therefore you can't rationalise all cars.
I think you could buy a car just for it's looks... but the GTR is more than that :hahahehe: ... but the question is what it is you want to do with your car.

-If you're gonna have just one car think about the stuff it needs to do: does it tick all the boxes? (it's one of the things audi do best for me)
-An alternative would be some pure trackday racecar (westfield/atom/etc.) in combination with your sensible daily cruiser (dare i say diesel?)

*ack* Just make sure you can afford your car(s) and you enjoy them that's what's the most import thing. :cheers:

BTW: Isn't it so that in asia the GTR is cheaper?
That's one great bargain :thumb:
I'd have mine in red if it wasn't for the R8

Z07
March 6th, 2008, 18:22
Will anyone buy a GTR?

Yes.:hihi:

ben916
March 6th, 2008, 18:46
will anyone buy a new GT-R in the near future?? i'm thinking of getting one but i don't drive fast at all....i like the look only....:doh: should i buy one or just forget about it??

My opinion is that if you like the car AND you will drive it like is suppose to, not like a grandpa, then yes get it.

Nothing is more irritating (ok yes there are a few things that are) than someone driving a supercar in first gear on the highway because "they don't want to get scratch on it".

Bingocaller
March 6th, 2008, 20:18
If I had the money ooohhh yes - best bang for the bucks at this time!

Benman
March 7th, 2008, 00:27
My opinion is that if you like the car AND you will drive it like is suppose to, not like a grandpa, then yes get it.

Nothing is more irritating (ok yes there are a few things that are) than someone driving a supercar in first gear on the highway because "they don't want to get scratch on it".

While I agree, it is also true that you can not truely exploit the car to it's potential on public roads (our Julian runs excluded of course! :D).

You can drive the car slow on the road, but please track it now and then!

Ben:addict:

ben916
March 7th, 2008, 06:43
While I agree, it is also true that you can not truely exploit the car to it's potential on public roads (our Julian runs excluded of course! :D).

I fully agree on tracking and that no one should drive 120+mph on the highway, 'ring excluded of course. It is the fool that thinks/or not they have more than they have or that the car is capable of and then they wad it up into a tree or someone else and don't feel remorse or that they did anything wrong (thread creep...)

There is a big difference between driving a super car slow, down right baby-ing it, causing a hinderance to normal traffic and driving and the speed of regular traffic.

ZCD2.7T
March 7th, 2008, 13:46
A good friend is getting one. He had a contract to buy it at MSRP, but the dealer tried to bump him to $25K over MSRP when it came time to spec the options. Friend got a lawyer involved, and voila, he's getting it for MSRP!

Stoopid dealer, trying to commit consumer fraud. :bigeyes: :rolleyes:

Ellden
March 7th, 2008, 14:14

Don't forget the part where he needs to post photos of the actual event :thumb: