PDA

View Full Version : Nissan reveals UK GT-R pricing

trev0006
March 4th, 2008, 21:42
Nissan reveals UK GT-R pricing
http://www.motorauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/Nissan/GT_R/Nissan_gtr_main_03.jpg
Nissan has confirmed that its new GT-R supercar will go on sale in the UK in March next year, priced from £52,900 ($105,000), however dealers will starting take pre-orders for the car as early as next month. This is the first time we’re getting official pricing for the car outside of North America and Japan.
The Nissan GT-R Premium Edition with automatic headlamps and digital Bose audio system starts at £54,200, while the top spec Black Edition with exclusive Kuro black paint, gunmetal grey alloy wheels and black leather and Pearlsuede interior with red leather highlights comes in at £55,500. Standard features include six airbags, special wide-beam xenon headlamps, a tire pressure monitoring system, 20in lightweight alloys and a security alarm system.
The guys at Autoblog.nl, meanwhile, are reporting that the new Nissan will cost €119,900 in the Netherlands. We’ll keep you posted on pricing information for other countries as soon as it’s released. In the meantime, checkout the gallery below and continue dreaming.

HKS786
March 4th, 2008, 22:31
That is a great price, I know someone who might be getting one.

Z07
March 5th, 2008, 23:18
Same price as an optioned-up M3.

Benman
March 7th, 2008, 00:33
Same price as an optioned-up M3.

I'm sorry, but for the life of me, I could not see anyone getting a loaded M3 over that.

Leadie, you now have no excuses. Forget the M3 and get the legend.:cheers:

Ben:addict:

Leadfoot
March 7th, 2008, 14:27
I'm sorry, but for the life of me, I could not see anyone getting a loaded M3 over that.

Ben,

By the time the GTR becomes available in the UK I will have had the M3 for the best part of 9 months maybe more, so by this time the news so be known when the RS5 will be out and roughly what's it's price and expected performance will be.

If by then the RS5 is close enough in terms of both performance and price to the GTR I will most definitely be sticking with the Audi. :dig:

Maybe it's me but I can't get pass the fact it's still a Nissan. :brag:

Oh what a snob I am. :nana:

Benman
March 7th, 2008, 19:31
Oh what a snob I am. :nana:

No worries, you're British mate! Ohhhhh..... :D

Only kidding, you know I am. ;)

Seriously, the GT-R is a legend with a racing history that would make the M cars blush, not to mention the S/RS cars. Sure it is "just" a Nissan, but then, Mercedes is "just" a taxi in Germany. ;)

GT-R, the real deal and Audi's upcoming RS 5 will not touch it. Of course, the interior will be of higher quality. :D

Z07
March 7th, 2008, 23:20

Nor can I. That was my point.;)

Leadfoot
March 9th, 2008, 00:40
No worries, you're British mate! Ohhhhh..... :D

Only kidding, you know I am. ;)

Seriously, the GT-R is a legend with a racing history that would make the M cars blush, not to mention the S/RS cars. Sure it is "just" a Nissan, but then, Mercedes is "just" a taxi in Germany. ;)

GT-R, the real deal and Audi's upcoming RS 5 will not touch it. Of course, the interior will be of higher quality. :D

Ben,

My problem is that Nissan cars in general don't hold anything like their money when second-hand. Whether the GTR will fall in to this category but with £60K I don't want to be the one testing the water so to speak.

I general RS cars hold their value very well over here, especially in the first year, so even if it's performance doesn't match that of the GTR, the chances of meeting one of the road will be pretty slim and the RS5 will probably beat 95% of the cars on the road which is plenty big enough for me.

The only car which might sway me from the RS5 will be another Audi, the TT/RS does sound an exciting prospect and will have the exhaust note which may hark back to Audi's rallying past. It will be cheaper and we know how good it's second-hand value is so it the other car in my sights after the M3. :thumb:

Z07
March 9th, 2008, 15:04
I've never had any problem with secondhand Nissans loosing value but then I only paid £4,900. I never ever feel disappointed. The aircon even works.:lovl:

Leadfoot
March 9th, 2008, 16:01
I've never had any problem with secondhand Nissans loosing value but then I only paid £4,900. I never ever feel disappointed. The aircon even works.:lovl:

But if you were to keep the car for only 9~12months would you prefer to put your money into an RS5 or the GTR, that's the £60K question.

Z07
March 9th, 2008, 20:31
But if you were to keep the car for only 9~12months would you prefer to put your money into an RS5 or the GTR, that's the £60K question.
The GTR will lose less. Less to lose.:lovl: May even gain a little with the right buyer. And £55k in a trust will definitely gain more (if it existed).

An RS5 does look a lot more respectable though. That I'll give you.:thumb: But then that can be a problem. Other road users take liberties with a brand new Audi that they just wouldn't take with a 15 year-old Datsun. Then you have parking-lots. I'm not even going to notice if my car gets scratched (a dent yes, a scratch, no).

But then you have your neighbourhood. I feel I should have a big sign on my car saying, "Sorry," whenever I drive it. With an RS5 you wouldn't need that.:hihi:

This has to be the stupidest comparison ever on this forum, I hope I didn't mess it up.

Oh.... you meant the new GTR. Well, I think the value is definitely safe for 9-12 months. The demand is simply to high at the moment. I mean there are Arabs trying to buy out most dealerships. So in theory, you could buy one and sell it to the Sultan of Silkolene at an instant profit.

Benman
March 10th, 2008, 16:38

You bring up a very valid point Leadie.

My honest guess would be that the GT-R would lose no more than the RS 5. There are just too many 30 year old cult fans of the GT-R for it to have less appeal than the RS 5 one year after purchase.

I can see, and understand you giving up some performance for refined luxury as the RS 5 would still best "95%" of road going cars.

I just can't help feeling that the GT-R is the "true" legend with the RS 5 being the "poser's car". You really can't lose though. I suspect that if you were younger, you'd take the GT-R (and no, that is not an age barb :)).

Leadfoot
March 10th, 2008, 16:52
Oh Ben,

The age thing really hurt. No to be honest I can't get pass the fact it's a Nissan, admittedly a very talented one at that.

To me the RS5 or I might even go for the TT/RS as it power isn't the issue to me just fits what I am looking for from a car. Who knows I might fall for the M3 big time after having it for a month or two and choose to hold it until the RS4 Avant comes out as I just love the thought of being able to throw the whole family in the car when to occasion takes me and not always having to pick the wife's car.