PDA

View Full Version : Big Upgrade Day.......

Fonzie Audi
March 4th, 2008, 21:28
Here's what's being done as I'm typing this..

-APR ECU/TCU 100 octane..
-Custom Test pipe/cat delete..
-APR diverter valves..

Any ideas on what i can expect when i get the beast back tomorrow..?

bigh
March 4th, 2008, 21:30
Wrong thread, sorry.

Ruergard
March 4th, 2008, 21:51
A biiiiig smile on your face! :D

Fonzie Audi
March 4th, 2008, 21:57
lol :D :D

CinciRS6
March 4th, 2008, 22:56
You will be pushing around 540 maybe even more, tell me how it feels when you get the chip in because its the same program I am looking at....and when I say tell me, I mean everything!

ben916
March 4th, 2008, 23:41
A less heavy wallet!? Ha! <...chirp...><...chirp...><...chirp...>

OK bad joke....

Do you have before dyno charts?

If I remember correctly, you were concerned about warranty coverage with upgrades?

Fonzie Audi
March 4th, 2008, 23:57
i have dyno charts at the office - yessir.

yes i was concerned about mishaps after the upgrades - very true.. i was mostly concerned about popping DV's every two weeks and ruining the tranny or DRC..

hopefully the addition of the APR DV's, the new TCU, a new torque converter, and KW V3 Coilovers will keep me out of the repair shop. hopefully.. :0:

DuckWingDuck
March 5th, 2008, 00:03
Fonzie, what made you decide to go with APR? The sheer number of chip/software availability for the RS6 makes it quite difficult to choose.

So far it seems like DNA has been great and S42SKI/Copper both love their REVO.....

Fonzie Audi
March 5th, 2008, 00:10
To be honest..? My first baby (2.0 A4 B7) was done all in APR - Exhaust, test pipe, ECU, DV's, Intake - and i loved the results. I also have a great relationship with the APR dealer, and he always treats me right..

I've heard great things about the other brands ECU/TCU setup - and I really had a tough time deciding.. but the only thing i've got to go from; is experience. APR has been great to me so far, so i feel i owed it to them.

Aronis
March 5th, 2008, 00:39
what was the end result with the 2.0 A4?

Fonzie Audi
March 5th, 2008, 00:57
Went from 200 HP, 207 lbs.. ended up with a very mean sounding 355 HP, 320 lbs.. not bad for the little A4.. considering i didn't swap the turbo

Aronis
March 5th, 2008, 01:06
Went from 200 HP, 207 lbs.. ended up with a very mean sounding 355 HP, 320 lbs.. not bad for the little A4.. considering i didn't swap the turbo

wow! Still stable and reliable as daily car? Can similar mods be done to VW GTI with DSG? How much?

Fonzie Audi
March 5th, 2008, 01:56
Very stable and reliable. Also had springs and wheels done so it actually looked and sounded very aggressive.

all together, including labor - the mods added to about $3200-$3400

dunno if can be done to GTi - but it's a safe guess to say yes.. gti has turbo, right?

rs-mad
March 5th, 2008, 02:28
Let me know how you go as I am keen to hear your results

RS-MAD

Boosted-Bora
March 5th, 2008, 04:18
Fonzie who is doing your cat delete? also I am thinking about getting custom Down pipes from Milltek with no cats and just doing the check engine light fix/trick or maybe ill just do them with 100cell race cats

Also tell me how you like those coils man I have the setting for you if you want them.

Fonzie Audi
March 5th, 2008, 14:17
Chris Green from USP is doing the work. I'm bypassing the CEL by writing the file into the ECU/TCU upgrade. I heard the Milltek DP's are sweet..

I haven't gotten the coilovers yet! I was promised a delivery by 3/3/08.. but was told today that due to a material shortage - i need to wait another 3 weeks. :cry:

as soon as i get them i'm gonna PM you for your settings.. i'm so excited - did you have any new pics with the new settings?? i know the weather probably sucks - but i'm dyin to see how your beast is sitting

Boosted-Bora
March 5th, 2008, 15:08
Actually the weather has been okay up here like in the 60's but I will clean my beast up today and take a few pics BTW I got the milltek non-res on the car :rolleyes: but i melted my rear bumper as Stratmosphere didn't send me enough clamps so i didn't put on the tips and next thing I know and M6 pulls up next to me so well you know the rest and when i get to my destination i get out to find my bumper is melted from the exhaust gas. Oh well i was about to get a new bumper anyway as mine had a small crack in it.

Fonzie Audi
March 5th, 2008, 16:35
:bigeyes: damn dude.. how bad is it? sorry to hear, but it sounds like you have it under control..

supposed to get the beast back by this afternoon - can't wait to get #'s..

Ruergard
March 5th, 2008, 18:24

WOW dude!

Any dyno-sheets on the A4. Sounds very badass if you didn't change the turbo? :bigeyes:

Fonzie Audi
March 5th, 2008, 19:31
i can try to get the dynos, of course.. they are scanned into my old Mac. never throw anything out..:0:

Ruergard
March 5th, 2008, 19:55
i can try to get the dynos, of course.. they are scanned into my old Mac. never throw anything out..:0:

Would be very nice, thanks! :cheers:

peiserg
March 6th, 2008, 00:29
Here's what's being done as I'm typing this..

-APR ECU/TCU 100 octane..
-Custom Test pipe/cat delete..
-APR diverter valves..

Any ideas on what i can expect when i get the beast back tomorrow..?

well, if you end up with the same experience as me, you'll lose about 20 hp across the board on the "high boost 91" setting. you'll gain 30 hp across the board on the 100 octane setting. Then you'll spend about $1000 at apr's request trying to trouble shoot the problem, since it couldn't possible be your 6500 mile rs6. After trouble shooting for a month, you'll pull the chip, and put in an OCT chip, thereby picking up 110 lb feet of torque and 75 hp across the board.

HeadShot
March 6th, 2008, 02:37
Thought i'd read some bad press on APR someplace.. (not just here) I ran their chip in my S4 and loved it but later there were some power drops that seemed unexplainable (random) while on the gas. Nice you could switch back to stock whenever the wife got in. Hee,hee.
And their pipes.... humm

Still there will always be some crazy bad luck with aftermarket, it's how they stand behind their product to satisfiy the customer that tells the tale.
Ref. the previous post.
Keep us posted.:burnout:

Fonzie Audi
March 6th, 2008, 02:50
ok- first comes first - i have not dyno'd yet.......

HOWEVER!!

The car is disgustingly fast. OOhhhhh my goodness. From a standing start, i almost peed myself. From 40-140, i couldn't even breathe.

I am so genuinely satisfied with these upgrades, I might get up an hour earlier tomorrow just cause i'm so excited to drive to the office. The difference in throttle response is so apparent it's unbelievable. The pull once i get off the line in "S" mode is frightening.

It's way more than I was hoping for, and i just fell madly in love with my beast all over again. :dig: :wo: :dig:

HeadShot
March 6th, 2008, 03:10
Thats it, I must chip NOW!!! No more excuses
Great results - make sure your do a few miles for the rest of us eh

Fonzie Audi
March 6th, 2008, 04:10
I waited and waited - and i i'm so pissed i didn't do it sooner.

I listened to all the options, gossip, ect.. trying to build my case for or against a specific company.. and finally went with personal experience. I'm very glad i did - the results are 200% of what i was expecting. :jlol:

aarong
March 8th, 2008, 05:19
Fonzie -- ballpark wallet damage, all total?

Boosted-Bora
March 8th, 2008, 16:17
yo fonz what did you spend to delete the cats? and pre cats?

Fonzie Audi
March 8th, 2008, 17:03
$$ Breakdown goes as follows.....

-$2800 APR ECU/TCU
-$300 R1 DV'S
-$400 Cat delete/test pipe

Boosted-Bora
March 8th, 2008, 17:40
$$ Breakdown goes as follows.....

-$2800 APR ECU/TCU
-$300 R1 DV'S
-$400 Cat delete/test pipe

not to bad bro now I believe it is time that we order you and exhaust.:hahahehe:

Fonzie Audi
March 8th, 2008, 19:49
Drew i would have to agree with you.. however.. i'm so in love with the black oval tips - i'm gonna have to have someone weld them on the new system. I've never been a fan of quad tips on the RS6.. let me know what you think

Ruergard
March 10th, 2008, 21:10
Anything new on those Dyno Sheets for the A4? :cheers:

Boosted-Bora
March 10th, 2008, 21:45
Drew i would have to agree with you.. however.. i'm so in love with the black oval tips - i'm gonna have to have someone weld them on the new system. I've never been a fan of quad tips on the RS6.. let me know what you think

Honestly I see what you are saying about using Ovals as I hate the quad tips because I dont drive an M5...:hihi: but what I did is get the Milltek exhaust which has nice large oval tips then if you want you can get them powder coated black but I wouldnt use the stock tips cause I think they look small and the milltek fills out the openings in the bumper better:)

Fonzie Audi
March 11th, 2008, 12:41
I like the the sound of that dude..!

By the way, i just dropped my car off to get the KW's installed - can you PM me your settings when you get a chance? Thanks man