PDA

View Full Version : R8 or Maserati Gran Turismo?

jasaretta
March 4th, 2008, 09:59
Interested in your learned thoughts. Similar prices here in Australia. Love the look of both.

Please compare - thoughts?

James

RXBG
March 4th, 2008, 13:29
no way. the R8. not only will it run circles around the maserati. you'll have plenty of time to buy one of those when you're 50.

JavierNuvolari
March 4th, 2008, 15:16
R8 hands down. Although the looks on the Maserati are amazing...the R8 is unique, one of a kind Audi. Don't get me wrong here...I love the Maserati, but to me it seems that the R8 is a so much better deal, future wise...probably the R8's price will rise instead of go down, wich most likely will happen to the Maserati.

MR USER
March 4th, 2008, 16:46
Drove them both.... and the R8 is a much much better car... in terms of handling and overall performance. in any case I would really like to have this sort of problems! Both are fantastic cars!

jasaretta
March 5th, 2008, 12:01
50? I came to the same conclusion....haven't driven the Masa yet but will this weekend. Very different cars. THe look of the Maserati gets me everytime. This weekend Iwill test drive the Maserati and a ferrari 430.

Choices LOL ;)

Ellden
March 5th, 2008, 14:25
If it's the "normal" Masserati GT and the Audi R8 i'd take the R8. :R8:

But hearing about the all new Masserati GT S that will be more sportive compared to the touring (GT) it will be harder to choose. That car wil give the R8 a better run for it's money.

With 440hp and better brakes it will be (even more) the sportive GT alternative.

AndyBG
March 5th, 2008, 19:53
R8..., yes Meser' is more of the looks department, but, R8 is pure technik...

RXBG
March 5th, 2008, 20:03
my cousin had a gran sport limited edition. heck of a ride. but it just doesn't touch you as emotionally as an R8. the gran turismo looks better than the gran sport but it still can't compete with the R8 emotionally. i have not seen a gran turismo in person yet, but i am sure i'd feel the same way.

Z07
March 5th, 2008, 23:10
The Maserati is a porkie bloater at 1880kg.

bober3
March 6th, 2008, 04:12
gran turismo is more a touring car than a sport car, r8 is simply more fun to drive faster,more powerfull and it got quattro

Z07
March 6th, 2008, 10:41
The Granturismo S has slightly more power than the R8 (440ps) but it's still way heavier.

SultaZzio
March 9th, 2008, 19:45
I tried both cars they are fantastic, but R8 is much better and more fun to drive and i feel your gonna get bored of the GT after few months.

jasaretta
March 10th, 2008, 00:45
Thanks guys - I drove the R8 in a manual yesterday - WOW. What a car. Black one coming in May/June might just have my name on it ;)

AndyBG
March 10th, 2008, 01:35
Thanks guys - I drove the R8 in a manual yesterday - WOW. What a car. Black one coming in May/June might just have my name on it ;)

Excelent choice... :thumb:

SultaZzio
March 10th, 2008, 20:18

Good choice, i already got mine before a week and this is the first Audi i bought but the R8 is the best car i have owned in my life ;)