PDA

View Full Version : if the B8 S4 gets compressor + turbo....

tvrfan
March 3rd, 2008, 17:46
... will it have then two intercoolers (one for turbo and one for compressor)? or just one? my hopes are just for biturbo. how big is the chance for biturbo? on the last spypics theres just one plastic cover (around foglights) opened and one is closed. that means for me that it has just one intercooler. or audi has another way to cool 2 intercoolers. so chance for biturbo would be there.

PS: has audi ever build a twinturbo??? (not diesel)

Charles DLF
March 3rd, 2008, 18:41
rs6... twin trubo v10!! :D
old rs4 twin turbo V6
old s4 twin turbo...

tvrfan
March 3rd, 2008, 18:57
hmm no B5 S4 was biturbo, RS6 C6 is Biturbo too and old RS4 was biturbo too ^^.

The Pretender
March 3rd, 2008, 19:19
Twincharged is not for "V" engines, only for inline engines.

Jarod.

ZeroCool
March 3rd, 2008, 23:08
old RS6 is also bi-turbo

AndyBG
March 3rd, 2008, 23:57
B5 S4 IS bi-turbo, as well as the C5 A6 2.7 T...

Look at the pic's...

First one is S4, second, A6...

chewym
March 4th, 2008, 01:04
twin turbo and bi-turbo is the same thing, isn't it?

Rage
March 4th, 2008, 01:13
twin turbo and bi-turbo is the same thing, isn't it?

I forget which is which but one denotes 2 identical turboes and the other denotes 1 smaller (faster spooling) with 1 bigger turbo to decrease lag.

Again ive forgotten which type the 335i has.

AndyBG
March 4th, 2008, 01:42
I forget which is which but one denotes 2 identical turboes and the other denotes 1 smaller (faster spooling) with 1 bigger turbo to decrease lag.

Again ive forgotten which type the 335i has.

335i has two small turbos, but interesting thing about that engine is that it doesn't work like standard ''bi-turbo'' engine where you have one smaller turbo for the first 3000 or 4000 rpm with bigger one picking up from there. 335i turbines are working simultaneous, one pushing tree cilinders and second pushing other three cilinders in the same time.

Of course, if I had made some obvious mistakes explaining this, feel free to correct me. :D :cheers:

Cargo8
March 4th, 2008, 06:24
bi-turbo and twin-turbo are the same thing. Although a common misconception is that one is specifically assigned to two staggered turbos one for more low end and one for high, either can be applied to "twin" identical turbos. logically it seems that bi-turbo would be used for the staggered turbos.

twin charge would be a twist for sure. who knows. WHEN IS THIS THING COMING? SO MUCH SPECULATION AHHHHH.

plenty of twin turbos in audi btw.