PDA

View Full Version : Whats a good performance upgrade for my RS6

Flip818
March 3rd, 2008, 16:54
My new RS6 has attracted alot of attention since i bought it last week. I have alot of people that pull up next to me trying to race me in their Trans ams, Camaro SS's, WRX's, Evo's, Supras, Lighnings, etc. When I do decide to put the throttle down it hasnt been an issue beating anyone trying to race, my stock RS6 has smoked them all. I want to keep its local reputation intact, what is a good performance upgrade that will push out a few extra pony's?

DuckWingDuck
March 3rd, 2008, 16:56
Search is your friend. The most common way to boost performance is to re-chip your car.

BLITZEN
March 3rd, 2008, 18:05
Funny - most of us comment that RS6's don't usually attract any attention.

But, no matter how much you upgrade it, someday you will lose - or hurt someone in the process. So if you're undefeated thus far, the best way to protect your reputation is to retire from street racing now. :vhmmm:

Flip818
March 3rd, 2008, 19:53
I dont "street race" i have never even taken the engine to 6,000rpm's, its just nice knowing no one, no matter what their driving will take you off the line. God bless the quattro system.

LIRS6
March 3rd, 2008, 21:09
Search ref chips - GIAC, APR, MTM are a few. You'll get another 50-75 hp, allegedly. Highly recommended that if you chip your ecu, you should chip the tranny as well; an inherent weak point of our cars is the transmission. I think GIAC is sold as a pair (ecu via port + actual tranny chip). I was considering chipping my car until the torque converter seal went at 49k miles. Oh, and how about a few details ... color/mileage? Any pics?

O.CT USA
March 4th, 2008, 06:26
I would recommend the O.CT chips along with the transmission chip. Most RS6 in the US today uses this chip.

Amulet-S6
March 4th, 2008, 19:54
Where in KC? Here in Johnson county, my RS doesn't seem to turn a head!

I'd suggest a trip to the track with the audi club first. Perhaps then a chip upgrade.

Jim