View Full Version : R8 vs GT-R vs M3 vs 911 Turbo

pampas
March 1st, 2008, 18:29
Results:
1. GT-R
2. M3
3. R8
4. 911 T

Don't worry about the third place, they actually tested the cars and performance wise the GT-R was first, followed by the Porsche, then the R8, last the M3. The only reason the results are as above is because of the price, buh ... Why even compare them in the first place if you get the verdict based on price mainly, clearly the R8 and 911T are almost double when counting the $$$.

Quoted from the test:
"IF this test was purely about handling balance and benign exploitability, the R8 would win hands down. The way it hooks into corners ..... is absolute heaven.... Predictably, then, the R8 wasted the M3's times......"

Will post the pics/scans in a minute.

pampas
March 1st, 2008, 18:32
http://www.m3post.com/goodiesforyou/car1.jpg
http://www.m3post.com/goodiesforyou/car2.jpg
http://www.m3post.com/goodiesforyou/car3.jpg
http://www.m3post.com/goodiesforyou/car4.jpg
http://www.m3post.com/goodiesforyou/car5.jpg
http://www.m3post.com/goodiesforyou/car6.jpg
http://www.m3post.com/goodiesforyou/car7.jpg
http://www.m3post.com/goodiesforyou/car8.jpg
http://www.m3post.com/goodiesforyou/car9.jpg
http://www.m3post.com/goodiesforyou/car10.jpg
http://www.m3post.com/goodiesforyou/car11.jpg
http://www.m3post.com/goodiesforyou/car12.jpg
http://www.m3post.com/goodiesforyou/car13.jpg
http://www.m3post.com/goodiesforyou/car14.jpg
http://www.m3post.com/goodiesforyou/car15.jpg
http://www.m3post.com/goodiesforyou/car16.jpg

Z07
March 1st, 2008, 22:42
Hmmm... the speed graph makes a lot more sense than the point speeds.

Still love the R8 looks. I wish I could make a 4.2 twin-turbo R8 with GTR trickery for GTR price.

Do you have the RS6 article too?

Leadfoot
March 1st, 2008, 23:20
Hmmm... the speed graph makes a lot more sense than the point speeds.

Still love the R8 looks. I wish I could make a 4.2 twin-turbo R8 with GTR trickery for GTR price.

Do you have the RS6 article too?

The R8 is a class act compared to the GTR. Sure the GTR was the quicker car but like they said 'If the test was about handling balance and benign exploitability the R8 would have won hands down.' The R8 is the better balance package with the best ride quality, the most nimble etc., it's a class act compared to the GTR.

Hack, with those numbers I doubt even the R8v10 will work with it but then does it really have to, after all when is anyone really going to be driving at 10/10th. This is where the GTR makes sense compared to the other, anything less than this and for me the whole package falls apart, it's ride quality is awful, on the track it did the numbers but wasn't as much fun as even the M3, surely for a car to be great it has to pull you in to the experience and from this report against this rivals I didn't feel it.

I would personally pay the extra and get the R8 in the knowledge that I will definitely enjoy every single trip I take in it. :thumb:

IhateRWD
March 2nd, 2008, 10:23
lovely...R8 is faster than Audi says (well i knew that) but i am glad that magazines know that now:)And for 5000 pounds plus an M3 you can order an GT-R a lot more faster than M3...so:D By the way (please don't judge me) but yesterday i saw in my city the very first M3 Coupe E92 and it was already destroyed because the back window was sticked to the car with an scotch adeshive band:)))I will take the pictures of the car when i'll see the car again... so who said that M cars are safer?:))) Yeah right... that power to RWD is a bad thing and the results are on the street.

tvrfan
March 2nd, 2008, 11:16
that power to the rear wheels give a maximum of sporty handling and BMW is known for that. so dont make the others bad, "little fanatic kid"

IhateRWD
March 2nd, 2008, 14:04
if you say so...but why R8,Lambo & GT-R are so good?!Hehe...Long live the 4WD:d

Cargo8
March 2nd, 2008, 18:37
great article, read it on another forumthe other day. sure has a lot of good things to say about the audi =)
the gtr certainly is somethign to marvel at though, its performance figures are no doubt impressive

iLoveRWD
March 2nd, 2008, 22:51
Results:
1. GT-R
2. M3
3. R8
4. 911 T

Don't worry about the third place, they actually tested the cars and performance wise the GT-R was first, followed by the Porsche, then the R8, last the M3. The only reason the results are as above is because of the price, buh ... Why even compare them in the first place if you get the verdict based on price mainly, clearly the R8 and 911T are almost double when counting the $$$.

Quoted from the test:
"IF this test was purely about handling balance and benign exploitability, the R8 would win hands down. The way it hooks into corners ..... is absolute heaven.... Predictably, then, the R8 wasted the M3's times......"

Will post the pics/scans in a minute.

Why can't you for once give some credit when it's due?

No, the M3 did not get 2nd place JUST because of price, but also because "it had the best engine, offers the most versatiliy and the GREATEST on-track entertainment." And it was also the fastest through some of the corners. And straight line performance was very close to the R8....for a car that costs 1/2 the price.
Also, remember that they said the track was damp, which did not favor the M3.

All I'm saying is....the M3 did very good considering that it was up against some of the best SUPERCARS. Give it some credit! Not all non-Audi cars are bad!

artur777
March 2nd, 2008, 23:18

No, the M3 did not get 2nd place JUST because of price, but also because "it had the best engine, offers the most versatiliy and the GREATEST on-track entertainment." And it was also the fastest through some of the corners. And straight line performance was very close to the R8....for a car that costs 1/2 the price.

All I'm saying is....the M3 did very good considering that it was up against some of the best SUPERCARS. Give it some credit! Not all non-Audi cars are bad!

People, don't also forget that next time it will be M3 M-DCT participating in the test. And due to m3post.com facts & figures it will be 1 sec faster @ 0-200km/h, and it will be low 9's for 100 mph. And also it will be a little bit faster throughout the corners because M-DCT will change gears during corners more effectively than a human driver can. So, M3 times will be improved. I have a certain understanding that M3 will not outperform R8 in cornering, but in straight for sure...

Another conclusion: we all badly need R8 V10

pampas
March 3rd, 2008, 03:25

Haha, well, let me explain: the M3 is no where near the other 3 cars in my opinion. First of all, I do not care about the price. If you do, don't even look at the R8/Porsche= $120-140k. The 3-series, against the others?!?! Even if the M3 will get (on some other track/test) the best time I still would keep it at the last place, out of this 4 cars. Run the test agains of the RS4, and the M3 will get first place-I would stilll take the RS4 cause I don't like RWD and the bimmer interior, but the M3 is great anyway.

But compared to other cars ...

The 911T is one of the best cars out there, the GT-R, although just releasted is more than capable to match the 911T, and the R8 is, with a little less performance, the best looking car of this bunch, the best exotic as a daily driver's car (unless you need the rear seats) in the world (as of other 20 reviews who confered it this title, not only my OWN opinion).

So, again: M3 can not compare to any of these 3 cars. Simple test: take all 4 cars into a busy parking lot, you will not see one guy looking at the 3-series when next to it are a Porsche and the R8. Don't know what to say about the GT-R, never saw it in person, looks strange to me as in pics/videos. And although I find the 911T design quite like a 50 years old frog, I still think much more of this Porsche compared to the M3. And if you think you'll sit near the M3 and atract people screaming: "hey, look at my car, it's the best engine ever made" .. well, go ahead and do it.

Believe me, people looking into the 911T or the R8 will NEVER settle for an M3. Even if the DCT will make the 0-60 of this car equal to 2.0 seconds. NEVER !!!

Hey, if money is a problem for you, then don't worry about the R8. Run the M3 against the Corvette Z06, you'll lose at every single track out there, for kinda the same price:
Track | Corvette Z06 | M3 (E92)
Nordschleife 7:42.9 8:05
Hockenheim Short 1:11.5 1:15.40
Vairano Handling Course 1:19.5 1:20.910
Bedford Autodrome West Circuit 1:24.45 1:26.60
Oschersleben 1:40.3 1:47.20
Autozeitung test track 1:39.4 1:40.1
Balocco 2:50.30 2:56.51
SportAuto wet handling test 1:32.7 1:32.4 :)

IhateRWD
March 3rd, 2008, 08:48
M3 with new DCT will never ever beat an R8 not even on straights, R8 is a weapon of technology, so advanced that an crappy M3 is like an Renault compared to the R8 supercar...Don't you see what times had obtain R8?4.1 0-60 that a lot faster than any M3 DCT and even faster than M3 at higher speeds. You are comparing a bulky crap of 4 seats coupe ugly like a nightmare with a precise supercar with 2 seats, less weight, dry sump oil pump, extreme R-Tronic gearbox and a perfect axle to axle distribution means you will never catch an R8 no matter what!R8 = the best handlling a car can get (i think has been prised with more than 50 prizes for that)...so don't botter to think again that crap...

pampas
March 3rd, 2008, 10:26
M3 with new DCT will never ever beat an R8 not even on straights, R8 is a weapon of technology, so advanced that an crappy M3 is like an Renault compared to the R8 supercar...Don't you see what times had obtain R8?4.1 0-60 that a lot faster than any M3 DCT and even faster than M3 at higher speeds. You are comparing a bulky crap of 4 seats coupe ugly like a nightmare with a precise supercar with 2 seats, less weight, dry sump oil pump, extreme R-Tronic gearbox and a perfect axle to axle distribution means you will never catch an R8 no matter what!R8 = the best handlling a car can get (i think has been prised with more than 50 prizes for that)...so don't botter to think again that crap...

you are broken!
one post u like it, the other post u hate it ...

m3 is no "bulky crap of 4 seats ugly like a nightmare" - it's no match for the R8 overall, but it's more than a match for the RS4 - the actual car that competes with in the audi lineup(is this another bulky crap of 4 seats for you??)

Leadfoot
March 3rd, 2008, 11:35
pampas,

May I recommend you do as some of the rest of us have done I read to dribble that IhateRWD writes and either laugh at it or simply disregard but don't what ever you do reply to it.

pampas
March 3rd, 2008, 14:26
pampas,

May I recommend you do as some of the rest of us have done I read to dribble that IhateRWD writes and either laugh at it or simply disregard but don't what ever you do reply to it.

sorry, my bad .. will try to ignore him..
at least I like this weirdo better than the m3dude

iLoveRWD
March 3rd, 2008, 17:56
Haha, well, let me explain: the M3 is no where near the other 3 cars in my opinion. First of all, I do not care about the price. If you do, don't even look at the R8/Porsche= $120-140k. The 3-series, against the others?!?! Even if the M3 will get (on some other track/test) the best time I still would keep it at the last place, out of this 4 cars. Run the test agains of the RS4, and the M3 will get first place-I would stilll take the RS4 cause I don't like RWD and the bimmer interior, but the M3 is great anyway.

But compared to other cars ...

The 911T is one of the best cars out there, the GT-R, although just releasted is more than capable to match the 911T, and the R8 is, with a little less performance, the best looking car of this bunch, the best exotic as a daily driver's car (unless you need the rear seats) in the world (as of other 20 reviews who confered it this title, not only my OWN opinion).

So, again: M3 can not compare to any of these 3 cars. Simple test: take all 4 cars into a busy parking lot, you will not see one guy looking at the 3-series when next to it are a Porsche and the R8. Don't know what to say about the GT-R, never saw it in person, looks strange to me as in pics/videos. And although I find the 911T design quite like a 50 years old frog, I still think much more of this Porsche compared to the M3. And if you think you'll sit near the M3 and atract people screaming: "hey, look at my car, it's the best engine ever made" .. well, go ahead and do it.

Believe me, people looking into the 911T or the R8 will NEVER settle for an M3. Even if the DCT will make the 0-60 of this car equal to 2.0 seconds. NEVER !!!

Hey, if money is a problem for you, then don't worry about the R8. Run the M3 against the Corvette Z06, you'll lose at every single track out there, for kinda the same price:
Track | Corvette Z06 | M3 (E92)
Nordschleife 7:42.9 8:05
Hockenheim Short 1:11.5 1:15.40
Vairano Handling Course 1:19.5 1:20.910
Bedford Autodrome West Circuit 1:24.45 1:26.60
Oschersleben 1:40.3 1:47.20
Autozeitung test track 1:39.4 1:40.1
Balocco 2:50.30 2:56.51
SportAuto wet handling test 1:32.7 1:32.4 :)

You are totally off topic!!
And there is no need to point out how fast the Z06 is over the M3, because it is just as fast over the R8 too. In fact, it will destroy the R8. It also looks better, in my opinion.

But this test wasn't about which car looks better!!

My point was that for the money, M3 does very well against the R8 and it didn't get the 2nd place because of its price, but because of it's other qualities also.

I'm sorry you feel so frustrated that the R8 came in third place after the M3....but like I said there are other good cars out there....not just Audi. Maybe someday you'll learn to respect them.

IhateRWD
March 3rd, 2008, 18:07
Audi is first on everything (beauty,sexyness,interiors,materials,engines,speed ,agility,dynamicity,acceleration times) all this is way better than BMW or Mercedes does. Audi has the luxury class of Mercedes but way more sportier and fun to drive than an BMW. It also says that new M3 doesn't have traction on twisty bumbed roads and is very unsafe when you push it to the limit, no neutral handlling when ESP off, so why should anybody buy M3?Quattro always wins and R8 is way more faster than any DCT M3.
You all didn't understand nothing!When i said something bad about Audi?!M3Dude is against Audi but i am the biggest fan of Audi and i will demonstrate further and further that Quattro Gmbh is years in front of M Power and AMG when we are talking about performance figures and acceleration times.
But in the same time i respect for example good cars like GT-R but disrespect the ugly, uneficient,unrealiable,unsafer cars from BMW...In this world only Audi/Mercedes/Lexus, etc are doing great job, BMW is nothing, absolutately nothing and is loosing clients over the years and will go down deeper and deeper, you shall see..

artur777
March 3rd, 2008, 19:00
Audi is first on everything (beauty,sexyness,interiors,materials,engines,speed ,agility,dynamicity,acceleration times) all this is way better than BMW or Mercedes does. Audi has the luxury class of Mercedes but way more sportier and fun to drive than an BMW. It also says that new M3 doesn't have traction on twisty bumbed roads and is very unsafe when you push it to the limit, no neutral handlling when ESP off, so why should anybody buy M3?Quattro always wins and R8 is way more faster than any DCT M3.
You all didn't understand nothing!When i said something bad about Audi?!M3Dude is against Audi but i am the biggest fan of Audi and i will demonstrate further and further that Quattro Gmbh is years in front of M Power and AMG when we are talking about performance figures and acceleration times.
But in the same time i respect for example good cars like GT-R but disrespect the ugly, uneficient,unrealiable,unsafer cars from BMW...In this world only Audi/Mercedes/Lexus, etc are doing great job, BMW is nothing, absolutately nothing and is loosing clients over the years and will go down deeper and deeper, you shall see..

Would you like to be banned?

IhateRWD
March 3rd, 2008, 20:25
man my posts are correct and if i don't say something about someone i have the right to have my oppinion!this forum is about oppinions, audi, tests and whatever includes everything about VAG.

Z07
March 3rd, 2008, 20:30
I see things rather more diversely. I love the R8's looks, engine note and (as described) handling dynamics. I like the GTR's pace and outrageous value-for-money. I even like the M3 in some ways for its subtlety and great engine.

iLoveRWD
March 3rd, 2008, 21:22
you are broken!
one post u like it, the other post u hate it ...

m3 is no "bulky crap of 4 seats ugly like a nightmare" - it's no match for the R8 overall, but it's more than a match for the RS4 - the actual car that competes with in the audi lineup(is this another bulky crap of 4 seats for you??)

M3 is not match for the R8?
Let's see....

Sport Auto Nurburing
R8 = 8:04
M3 = 8:05

1/4 mile
R8 = 12.8 @ 112 mph (Car & Driver)
R8 = 12.6 @ 111.5 mph (dragtimes.com)

M3 = 12.5 @ 114.9 mph (Raod & Track)
M3 = 12.8 @ 113 mph (Car & Driver)
M3 = 12.7 @ 113 mph (Edmunds)

I would hardly call that "no match for the R8".
In fact, they are very very close....the only segment where they are far apart is the price tag. :hahahehe:

tvrfan
March 3rd, 2008, 21:28
bash-battle of the year.

in the red corner " I HATE RWD"
in the blue corner " I LOVE RWD"

...let the fights begin

Z07
March 3rd, 2008, 21:49
bash-battle of the year.

in the red corner " I HATE RWD"
in the blue corner " I LOVE RWD"

...let the fights begin

I think this could be the Bipolar contest of the year.

JavierNuvolari
March 3rd, 2008, 21:51
*runs to get the popcorn*

Z07
March 3rd, 2008, 22:23
The GTR is in this month's Evo:

EVO: GT-R vs GT3 - Video
http://www.evo.co.uk/videos/planetevovideos/217626/116_nissan_gtr_v_porsche_gt3.html

These stats are from the Evo article:

0-100-0
Z06 14.0
GTR 13.9

Bedford West circuit:
GT3 1:22.6
GTR 1:21.7

Other Bedford West times:

Carrera GT 1.19.7
Maclaren F1 1:21.2
Enzo 1.21.3
superleggera 1:21.8
599 GTB 1:23.1
997 turbo 1:23.55
996 GT3 RS 1:24.2
F430 1:24.2
E92 M3 1:26.6

Leadfoot
March 3rd, 2008, 22:27
Oh dear, things could get dangerous. In one side is IhateRWD a European and in the other IloveRWD an American, both are meant to be on the same side but this is directed at IhateRWD, what out they are know for Blue on blue.

But seriously, why start an argument with this guy and call yourself IloveRWD, you know you will get a reaction. As for the M3 vs R8 debate, it's been done to death, the M3 is a rival to the RS4 not the R8, sure on such things like acceleration the two are very similar and maybe on the ring but after this the two cars are totally different, I know I have an M3 on order and have driven the R8 and the M3 is no substitute for the quality article that is the R8. It's steering feel, balance, playful nature and looks reeks of a class well above that where the M3 lives.

pampas
March 3rd, 2008, 22:47
You are totally off topic!!
And there is no need to point out how fast the Z06 is over the M3, because it is just as fast over the R8 too. In fact, it will destroy the R8. It also looks better, in my opinion.

But this test wasn't about which car looks better!!

My point was that for the money, M3 does very well against the R8 and it didn't get the 2nd place because of its price, but because of it's other qualities also.

I'm sorry you feel so frustrated that the R8 came in third place after the M3....but like I said there are other good cars out there....not just Audi. Maybe someday you'll learn to respect them.

haha, I confused the "I Love/Hate RWD" before, it was actually some other guy... hahahah

relax, I wasn't off topic (maybe with the corvette a little, but else, I explained my self clear enough for anyone).

I can explain it again for you (hopefully you are not the same guy with the HateRWD, haha), here it goes:

it doesn't matter how fast the M3 is, nor the Vette - both cars are not competitors with the R8
M3 got the second place MAINLY because of the price in this competition, read the article again, you'll see the R8 lost the place to the M3 only because there is no rear seats, and the price(!): "R8 is significantly more expensive than the Nissan at almost 80k(pounds), is the only car here to accomomodate only two and can't come closee to the GT-R's lap time". Again: price, no rear seats .. and oh, it can't come close to the GTR time, but that works even better for the M3 :)

It doesn't matter if the M3 is faster on some track than the R8, it's the same as comparing the Vette to a Ferrari - the Corvette might be faster, but who cares, haha ?

Again, nobody looking to buy an R8 will go down to an M3, as nobody who has a Ferrari in mind (and a big pocket) will come ever close to a Vette :)

Leadfoot
March 3rd, 2008, 23:01
In fact, they are very very close....the only segment where they are far apart is the price tag. :hahahehe:

Maybe you consider quality, looks, steering feel, looks, gear change quality, looks, chassis balance, looks, on the limit benign nature and of course looks as not being important then I would agree that the M3 is very close to the M3 apart from price.

I might have added one or two too many looks in to the differences but in this sector where the R8 lives, the looks are almost as important as the rest of the package.

pampas
March 3rd, 2008, 23:04
M3 is not match for the R8?
Let's see....

Sport Auto Nurburing
R8 = 8:04
M3 = 8:05

1/4 mile
R8 = 12.8 @ 112 mph (Car & Driver)
R8 = 12.6 @ 111.5 mph (dragtimes.com)

M3 = 12.5 @ 114.9 mph (Raod & Track)
M3 = 12.8 @ 113 mph (Car & Driver)
M3 = 12.7 @ 113 mph (Edmunds)

Well, you only posted Nordschleife times, but if you check all track times, you will see the M3 prety much falls behind with anywhere from 1 to 3 sec even on the short (1min.xx sec) tracks. No big deal, but certainly R8 is no loser :)

Just a basic remainder, another segment(s) where they are far far far faaar away is:
-the interior (pls read any magazine out there, you'll be surprised how much they all LOVE the bimmer interiors over Audis )
-the LOOK (keep a 3-series and an R8 in the same parking lot, you WILL understand me 120%)
-feeling and performance(not much of a straigh line performer, but read the review again and you'll read this: "If this test was about handling balance and benign exploitability, the R8 would win hands down. The way it hooks into corners is absolute heaven""

Well, if that is not enough for you, go around and google "R8" you'll see it won at least 10 "Best car of 2007" awards (M3 was a competitor in a some), and ANOTHER 10 reviews where it came on top. I only remember losing to maybe 2 reviews out of (about) 20, reviews that where for PURE performance, against the 911T.

Now, you don't have to be offended when I write "a 3-series": I also accept "just an A4" in the talks about the RS4, my wife would have HUGE problems telling the RS4 is anything special just looking at it. The M3/RS4 are great great cars, but just not in the same class as the R8. Don't forget, the RS4 is extremely close on track times to the R8, but still...can't compare them. So, you see I do give credit to the M3, but only WHERE is due for .. and that's in a class the car would have a chance to compete. Nobody cares ONLY about performance, or else no Lambos or Ferrari would be sold: everyone would buy a cheap Vette and smoke them. I will give you the M3 over the RS4, cause it is so, but not the R8 .. cause it is NOT so :)

pampas
March 3rd, 2008, 23:19
Maybe you consider quality, looks, steering feel, looks, gear change quality, looks, chassis balance, looks, on the limit benign nature and of course looks as not being important then I would agree that the M3 is very close to the M3 apart from price.

I might have added one or two too many looks in to the differences but in this sector where the R8 lives, the looks are almost as important as the rest of the package.

haha, you just wrote it in 2 lines what I contained in 2 pages :))

Rutkowsky
March 4th, 2008, 07:58
In general, i don't like to compare 2 seater vs 4 seaters. Also R8 is tiny. I sat behind steering wheel and felt very uncomfortable, just like Z4M - you have to be slim and not more than 180cm tall to be sort comfortable. In looks department, the R8 beats 99% of all cars out there - it is a beauty!!!

IhateRWD
March 4th, 2008, 12:04
i am 191m and athletic and i sat in the R8 and felt fantastic, so don't say that. Of course fat people's wouldn't sit comfortable in the R8 because are not for that kind of people, are for sporty and engaged in driving pleasure people, they need some like CL or GT Speed not an supercar like R8. R8 is not for everybody when we talk about driving and space.

pampas
March 4th, 2008, 13:26
In general, i don't like to compare 2 seater vs 4 seaters. Also R8 is tiny. I sat behind steering wheel and felt very uncomfortable, just like Z4M - you have to be slim and not more than 180cm tall to be sort comfortable. In looks department, the R8 beats 99% of all cars out there - it is a beauty!!!

I am 183cm and didn't feel uncomfortable at all. what u say it's weird, since I just read a review -few days ago- and the guy said he is 6'3 and quite heavy and he had plenty of space to strech around. I also have 2 friends, one 182 one over 190cm, both own and drive the R8 with no issues of them fitting in the car.

maybe u needed to change the chair position.

Rutkowsky
March 4th, 2008, 15:38
i wonder how fantastic one can feel in such a tiny car..

http://i27.tinypic.com/2mzk2nd.jpg

Z07
March 4th, 2008, 19:42
I've seen a few R8s in real life and they're actually much bigger than you expect them to be. Width-wise anyway. Obviously it's quite low, it's a sports car.

Rutkowsky
March 4th, 2008, 20:18
I've seen a few R8s in real life and they're actually much bigger than you expect them to be. Width-wise anyway. Obviously it's quite low, it's a sports car.

I know but to say it is sooo comfortable is overdoing it a bit! M5 next to it is comfortable :jlol:

Rutkowsky
March 4th, 2008, 20:22
I am 183cm and didn't feel uncomfortable at all. what u say it's weird, since I just read a review -few days ago- and the guy said he is 6'3 and quite heavy and he had plenty of space to strech around. I also have 2 friends, one 182 one over 190cm, both own and drive the R8 with no issues of them fitting in the car.

maybe u needed to change the chair position.

Or maybe you need to ask them this - what is the longest distance they have traveled in R8? I know a guy, who is 2m tall and drives M3, he says he has plenty of space but it looks very funny when he stands next to the car

Rutkowsky
March 4th, 2008, 20:37
This R8 must be sooo comfortable..

http://i25.tinypic.com/2dtoewi.jpg

Z07
March 4th, 2008, 20:37
I know but to say it is sooo comfortable is overdoing it a bit! M5 next to it is comfortable :jlol:

Not as comfortable as my Granfort.;)

Z07
March 4th, 2008, 20:43
This R8 must be sooo comfortable..

http://i25.tinypic.com/2dtoewi.jpg
That's more comfortable than my Granfort though.:hihi:

pampas
March 4th, 2008, 22:27
Or maybe you need to ask them this - what is the longest distance they have traveled in R8? I know a guy, who is 2m tall and drives M3, he says he has plenty of space but it looks very funny when he stands next to the car

Well, (2 days ago) one just completed a round trip of a little over 1000km (625miles), this is the 1.90cm guy. Didn't complain at all about anything regarding the car, except the 2 hours waiting on the highway, some accident in front temporarily stopped the traffic. The complain was about the accident, not about his R8 :)

It is not a small car. It's quite wide (you have to be near it to actually see that, or to have a regular Audi TT right next to it).

His next trip on his R8 will be about 4000km (around), will see how he feels then. In about a couple weeks. In the meantime, city driving :)