PDA

View Full Version : How your car makes you feel?

cornishmoocher
March 1st, 2008, 08:08
Yesterday my RS6 Avant was in at the dealers for some routine servicing, I was out having a stroll around the forecourt looking at the cars for sale, when the chief mech appeared in my car, wound down the window, and told me he was taking it on a "test". Ok i said, enjoy!
20 minutes later he reappeared and as he drove down the slip road in my car, IT STILL MADE ME SMILE!!!
I realised there and then, that I have never owned a car that has made me smile for so long or am as proud of as the 6.
The looks, the noise, posture and just the way it makes me happy-even when someone else is in the driving seat and I am a mere spectator, for me is priceless. How many cars can still do this after 5 years of ownership?

And to round it all off, Mick, the chief mech pulled up and just smiled shook his head and said *uck me, I love these cars, they will never top this model.
Perhaps i am just a softy sentimental old bugger :D

So, How does yours make you feel?

DuckWingDuck
March 1st, 2008, 08:40
hahaha, great story. I love mine til I go to the gas pump ;D

snoopra
March 1st, 2008, 12:49
I ALWAYS take a second and third look at my car while walking away:)

Copper
March 1st, 2008, 16:51
So here's my little shame:

My wife will once in a while take my car to run an errand (usually when she has no fuel in her SUV).

I always listen to the car start up in the garage, stop whatever I'm doing and hurry to the window to watch my RS6 pull away. It's such a great car to see in motion and I think it sounds so much better from outside the car.

I can hear her approaching the house (SE Exhaust) and I hurry back to the window to get a glimpse of it coming back.

Sick no?

:rs6kiss:

RS6-4dr911
March 1st, 2008, 18:11
Yes, very sick. What a perv. You must really be in need of a life and have your priorities all screwed up with no sense of what's really important in life and never have matured beyond the high school teen-age hot-rod gear-head level. Pleez.

I would NEVER be caught doing something like that. I always make sure the shades are turned so the neighbors can't see me. Sometimes have to hind behind a brick column so she can't see me in the rearview mirror (I think she suspects me of doing it). :rs6kiss:

LOWR1D3R
March 1st, 2008, 20:45
I ALWAYS take a second and third look at my car while walking awayMe too :)

I always listen to the car start up in the garage, stop whatever I'm doing and hurry to the window to watch my RS4 pull away.Me too :)

it sounds so much better from outside the car.So true!

Lovin this (http://jtmedia.kuvat.fi/videot/RS4_Q_on_the_rise.divx) sound.

:rs4kiss:

CinciRS6
March 2nd, 2008, 00:30
HaHa I'm a sucker for looking at my car everytime I walk away from it. The best is when some chump is buying an A8L at the dealership and you start the rs6 up. Even though its a 2003 that guys still having second thoughts if he made the right choice, but before he can think your already a mile away! The looks on peoples faces when you pass them is worth it too. I think its so funny when you see someone point and can read their lips saying "thats an R..S...6!" PRICELESS

Everytime I come up to the dealership someone will remind me how lucky I am to have that car, either the dealer or some customer.

This car is truly the "Lord of the Rings"

RS6-4dr911
March 2nd, 2008, 00:34
Pull up to Starbucks this morning and a guy getting in a VW something or other is walking in front as I pull in - I see his eyebrow raise as he sees the grill badge - obviously someone in the know. "You must know what it is..." I said grinning. Kinda fun.

AudiRS6JD
March 2nd, 2008, 00:41
I totally agree with everything said here. I can't help but admire my car everytime I get in or out of it. I've even let a friend or two drive it through my neighborhood - it's a closed estate - just so I could head the exhaust note from outside the car. It really does put a smile on your face. I've never heard of or seen another car that brings so much happiness to its owner. :rs6kiss:

Fonzie Audi
March 2nd, 2008, 00:51
i'm guilty as well..

my favorite hobby is finding any Audi/VW on the road - making sure i get right in front of them - and watching for the look on their face as they identify my vehicle.

The difference between normal civilians and people "in the know" is night and day. I'll either get no reaction; OR raised eyebrows, scooting up in the seat and leaning over the steering wheel trying to confirm what they see - - - just exactly like i did the 2 times i saw an RS6 on the road before i owned a beast.

i love my car. :addict:

s42ski
March 2nd, 2008, 01:32
Nice thread. RS6 puts a smile on my face every time I take it for a drive. :rs6kiss:

Only car that has ever done that for me:heart: . Sort of like the Cadillac commercial about the new CTS. The one with the hot women who states " when you turn your car on, does it return the favor". Sums it up pretty well.

DuckWingDuck
March 2nd, 2008, 02:46
Nice thread. RS6 puts a smile on my face every time I take it for a drive. :rs6kiss:

Only car that has ever done that for me:heart: . Sort of like the Cadillac commercial about the new CTS. The one with the hot women who states " when you turn your car on, does it return the favor". Sums it up pretty well.

That's a hot ass commercial, I need her to return the favour to me.

RS6-4dr911
March 2nd, 2008, 03:20
uh.., DuckWing, I think you're a little off topic there. but ditto.

by the by, your avatar cracks me up everytime I see it.

MikeL01
March 2nd, 2008, 14:33
Comming out from an early dinner yesterday, I spent about 15 minutes talking with a few guys about the RS6. They drove an X3, SL55 and an A8L. The guy with the A8 was well versed with the RS6 and was "schooling" his buddies on the RS6. I gave them the 10 cent tour of the car with a bit of pride.

Barry
March 2nd, 2008, 22:00
This says it all: The message on my passenger Door Mirror reads: "OBJECTS IN THE MIRROR ARE LOSING"

Barry - Daytona Avant

cornishmoocher
March 2nd, 2008, 23:32
This says it all: The message on my passenger Door Mirror reads: "OBJECTS IN THE MIRROR ARE LOSING"

Barry - Daytona Avant

:lovl: :lovl: :applause:

thegreatguys
March 3rd, 2008, 04:40
hi
i have malibu and its great car
http://www.thegreatguys.com/servlet/StoreFront

DuckWingDuck
March 3rd, 2008, 16:29
uh.., DuckWing, I think you're a little off topic there. but ditto.

by the by, your avatar cracks me up everytime I see it.

haha, hey, it goes down like that sometimes!

Driving around Irvine, a lot of times I feel that this car is _too_ stealth. These damned yuppies in Orange County don't really seem to know what to make of my car. And all the people that recognize me, I pretty much know them all.

ben916
March 3rd, 2008, 17:15
hi
i have malibu and its great car
http://www.thegreatguys.com/servlet/StoreFront

Huh!? WRONG forum, Yo! http://forums.undergroundhiphop.com/

Or http://www.layitlow.com/forums/

Back on topic please...

LIRS6
March 3rd, 2008, 17:28
Yes, much to the chagrin of my wife, I still slobber over my RS6. Four years/50k and I don't tire of it. Ever.

itchingtogo
March 3rd, 2008, 20:50
I still think I take the cake. Got mine to drive the 6 times a year I am in the US. Some times I commute from the Bahamas just to drive it for the weekend.

aussie rs6
March 4th, 2008, 14:07
I agree with all the sentiments expressed by fellow rs6 addicts.
:rs6kiss: :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss: :

I GOT STOPPED FOR SPEEDING YESTERDAY.

I THOUGHT I COULD TALK MY WAY OUT OF IT UNTIL THE POLICEMAN LOOKED AT MY DOG IN THE BACK SEAT

ben916
March 4th, 2008, 17:42
My current car makes me feel old, boring, uninspired, regular, thrifty and settling.

Don't ask... (No it is NOT a Malibu... hehehe!)

mmaturo
March 4th, 2008, 17:47
LOL...ok the dog pic cracked me up...thats how all my passengers feel.

Well nothing I can add as I do exactly everything mentioned. 3 years and counting I still have not seen any other car that moves me as much...except the V-12 TDI R8...R8 in my future, but don't know if it will be the V12, 10 or 8. In late 2009 the question will be whether not I hand the dealer my keys to the RS6 or not.

mbrooks1956
March 7th, 2008, 20:24
I agree with all the earlier posts about still loving the car. I was just in to the local dealer for my last factory covered service (late car, in service date was March '04), and while whe was on the lift, I took the opportunity to test drive several of the newer models currently available. S5, S6, S8 (nice), but none give me the thrill that the old '03 RS6 does. If and when we get the new sedan in the US, that may be the only thing that will get me out of this car

:rs6kiss: :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss:

crispix
March 8th, 2008, 00:09
Our new addition is a 4th household vechicle..

We each have a honda for commuting.. civic and accord..

Have a Yukon Denali for the snow..

My wife encouraged gettting my boy ( haha.. if you believe that ) tinted and told me to keep the windows up.. Wonder what she's thinking..

Window up.. Shiet I like it down no matter how cold it is..

She drove the RS6 to work this morning.. I was clearly nervous..

After she got out from the garage, the window came down and she
said "what"..

I said "nothing honey" the dog is just a bit nervous..

She proceeded to flip me off and drove away laughing..

Hearing the SE exhaust as she drove away defined life for me........

crispix..

Barry
March 11th, 2008, 11:30
Get that Dog to the Dog Doctor Quick - He looks like he has been Twin Turboed.

Barry - Daytona Avant

RS6wishfulthink
March 11th, 2008, 17:30
i'm guilty as well..

my favorite hobby is finding any Audi/VW on the road - making sure i get right in front of them - and watching for the look on their face as they identify my vehicle.

The difference between normal civilians and people "in the know" is night and day. I'll either get no reaction; OR raised eyebrows, scooting up in the seat and leaning over the steering wheel trying to confirm what they see - - - just exactly like i did the 2 times i saw an RS6 on the road before i owned a beast.

i love my car. :addict:

Hey man, if you want to continue in what you do you will turn into a prig :)
i believe that you are proud owner of RS6 but cool down :D it's only my advice .. tschus :)

Fonzie Audi
March 11th, 2008, 22:14
what's a prig?

ben916
March 11th, 2008, 23:45
what's a prig?

I think he means to replace the "G" with a "CK"...

Opinion not needed, spelling lesson needed...

RS6wishfulthink
March 12th, 2008, 21:14
I think he means to replace the "G" with a "CK"...

Opinion not needed, spelling lesson needed...

hmm I know that I am not a native speaker and I make mistakes but this world I know exactly. Prig is a person who is regarded as arrogant and annoying. So Excuse me if I am wrong. Peace :deal:

BLITZEN
March 12th, 2008, 21:55
I've thought about how to respond to this question for about a week.

Emotionally, I love how enjoyable it is to push BLITZEN to the limits, how exclusive BLITZEN is to have and own, how it sounds, how it looks, and much more. But rationally, BLITZEN makes me quite nervous..

I could be caught speeding or worse.:noshake:
Someone could park next to it and open their door into mine.:doh:
The DRC could go any minute - not covered by warranty.:mech:
And, the high maintenance, repair, fuel, & insurance costs could someday put a hardship on my family.:cry:

This conflict makes me want to save BLITZEN only for special occasions when I can enjoy it the fullest. But, my emotions usually dominate because even driving in rush hour gives me satisfaction. :rs6kiss:

DuckWingDuck
March 12th, 2008, 22:42
lol@already naming the car. Great thoughts though and I think many of them mirror my own. However, I do believe the DRC _is_ covered by the CPO warranty as evidenced by Crispix

cornishmoocher
March 12th, 2008, 22:56
lol@already naming the car. Great thoughts though and I think many of them mirror my own. However, I do believe the DRC _is_ covered by the CPO warranty as evidenced by Crispix

I have named my car! In fact all my cars have had names, my A4 2.4se was called Bessie, but for the RS6 I needed something a bit well deeper, So I came up with (if this offends anyone I will remove this post) "Eva" after Eva Braun- Hitlers wife, beautiful, and normal looking but absolutley f*cking mad!!!!
Though it was quite apt really.

ben916
March 12th, 2008, 22:57
hmm I know that I am not a native speaker and I make mistakes but this world I know exactly. Prig is a person who is regarded as arrogant and annoying. So Excuse me if I am wrong. Peace :deal:

No worries :)

RS6wishfulthink
March 12th, 2008, 23:28
I have my lifelong ambition once I will earn money :) her name's "Jane" (RS6 '08)
I think it's good idea to give your car women names. It's for the same reason as scientist have given names to hurricanes. Women=hurricane=muscle car=storminess

DuckWingDuck
March 12th, 2008, 23:40
I have named my car! In fact all my cars have had names, my A4 2.4se was called Bessie, but for the RS6 I needed something a bit well deeper, So I came up with (if this offends anyone I will remove this post) "Eva" after Eva Braun- Hitlers wife, beautiful, and normal looking but absolutley f*cking mad!!!!
Though it was quite apt really.

ROFL!!! I'm sure it's not PC to laugh at that but damn that's a good one!! :thumb:

cornishmoocher
March 15th, 2008, 05:08
ROFL!!! I'm sure it's not PC to laugh at that but damn that's a good one!! :thumb:
WTF does ROFL & ROTFLMAO mean?????????????????????:rotflmao: I like the smiley tho!

DuckWingDuck
March 15th, 2008, 06:28
ROFL is the original, it stands for "roll on floor laughing", then it morphed into ROFLMAO which means "roll on the floor laughing my ass off". Hope that helps :D

cornishmoocher
March 15th, 2008, 06:41
AHHHH!

Being a bit new to this whole forum bit excuse my ignorance!

DuckWingDuck
March 15th, 2008, 08:03
That's the internet dialect Cornish! Gotta get with the times or risk looking a fool in front of all the kids ;)

cornishmoocher
March 15th, 2008, 21:45
Wellgoddameewhydineeseyzo! Cornish is a gurtaaezy ding to speak. not like thusere bledy puterlangwedge........ KERNOW-AN- KENSA (Cornwall forever in the REAL Cornish Language ;) )

cornishmoocher
March 17th, 2008, 19:49
Driving the S4 Cabrio while my beastie is in the doctors, It does not want to make me rush out and chop in the 6 for one. Sure sounds nice but there is just something missing and its not the roof!
Sorry to any S4ers out there- no offence meant, its just, well, plain. The interior is dull as ditch water.
I cannot work out tho whether its because i have been spoilt by the 6 or it is just dull.
On a brighter note, by god it handles well, as sure footed as a mountain goat, and the roof is awesome. Roof up its as quiet as a mouse, and down you get to enjoy the big 8. Infact, if they did the interior it would be cool, but this one (mugello blue, black- leather interior/brushed stainless/alum)left me indifferent.
Sorry again to any S4ers. My personal opinion only.

Carl Lassiter
March 17th, 2008, 20:34
I cannot work out tho whether its because i have been spoilt by the 6 or it is just dull.
On a brighter note, by god it handles well, as sure footed as a mountain goat, .

The suspension on my S4 was totally unresolved. AWD is only good if your wheels aren't bouncing off the ground during hard cornering. Now the RS4 handles far better and is anything but plain.

As for how my car makes me feel, does invincible do it:hihi:

cornishmoocher
March 19th, 2008, 15:40
My 6 is a totally different beast now the DRC is sorted. The S4 I had was an 08 model, it felt great under foot, and as you may know some of our roads over here are really twisty, narrow (just room for one car and grass growing in the middle)and bumpy, handling wise I couldnt fault it.

I would have had an RS4 avant, but i "needed" a sensible family car with lots of space in the back!

JCT2033
March 20th, 2008, 17:54
Our new addition is a 4th household vechicle..

We each have a honda for commuting.. civic and accord..

Have a Yukon Denali for the snow..

My wife encouraged gettting my boy ( haha.. if you believe that ) tinted and told me to keep the windows up.. Wonder what she's thinking..

Window up.. Shiet I like it down no matter how cold it is..

She drove the RS6 to work this morning.. I was clearly nervous..

After she got out from the garage, the window came down and she
said "what"..

I said "nothing honey" the dog is just a bit nervous..

She proceeded to flip me off and drove away laughing..

Hearing the SE exhaust as she drove away defined life for me........

crispix..

After almost two weeks, I finally got my RS6 back from the dealer yesterday. I don’t think she was completely fixed, but, hell, I need to keep her in the house for awhile before I send her to the doctor again. To me it’s an addiction to drive or at least start her engine every other day.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
Like Crispix, I have an accord for daily drive and like its MPG. We got our RS6 after my wife got her ’06 passat (3.6L, fully-loaded sports pkg). My wife actually encouraged, or endorsed, the purchase. We both enjoy the car very much. She tries to keep the rpm under 4K/min when she drives, but I try to keep it over 4k whenever I can... lol…

cornishmoocher
March 26th, 2008, 14:36
Ok, Now I really love my car. I mean really really love my car.

I have just parked it up on the Quay in our little village, and very attractive young lady got off of the passenger ferry from Fowey holding a Video camera, and said "ohh can you rev it again, it sounds sexy!" and proceeded to film it whilst I was reving the thing. Unfortunately she was only interested in the car.........

DuckWingDuck
March 26th, 2008, 15:08
ROFL, I take it the wife wasn't with you this time?

cornishmoocher
March 26th, 2008, 17:01
I am not as green as I am cabbage looking, of course if my Waff had been there I would have told the harlot to "bugger off and take your camera with you closley followed by your lovely ass"