PDA

View Full Version : T-6 days till methanol

peiserg
March 1st, 2008, 04:15
Dropping off car mid next week for aquamist methanol/h20 setup. Will post pics and keep all you fine fine individuals posted.

as an aside, could my chipped car and tranny be responsible for a tranny oil pan leak i developed at 20k miles??

itchingtogo
March 3rd, 2008, 21:45
How are you liking your Ot-c chip?

r1nga
March 4th, 2008, 18:24
Will be interested to see how you get on with the WI as I am thinking about an Aquamist System 2-D for my RS6+. Will keep inlet temps down and this is a good thing for sure. Used a System 1-S on a fairly well tweaked Subaru STi and it was utterly fabulous and kept the engine very much in one piece, despite pounding round the Nurburgring for 7 years...

And I have a tranny leak which is due for warranty fix tomorrow - seems quite common I am told.

Please keep us updated on the WI.

Regards,

Phil G
UK

peiserg
March 5th, 2008, 00:40
well the rs6 tech told me if my car wasn't leaking tranny fluid, he'd worry it was out of tranny fluid! so i guess it wasn't the chip causing extra heat which made the leak...

as far as the chip, just check out my results in the ECU sticky. dyno results are there. I'm pretty happy. just wish i had more power.

Boosted-Bora
March 5th, 2008, 04:25
Dropping off car mid next week for aquamist methanol/h20 setup. Will post pics and keep all you fine fine individuals posted.

as an aside, could my chipped car and tranny be responsible for a tranny oil pan leak i developed at 20k miles??

Where are you going to be injecting the Meth/water mix? I am also looking into this as I live in an area that can get very humid and hot in the summer and heat soak has been killing me in the summer months. Also would you suggest aquamist over snow performance? and if so what kit from aquamist are you going to be using?

sorry for all the questions but I am going to be doing this soon so I am looking for a bit of insight

peiserg
March 6th, 2008, 00:34
i'm using the aquamist system. It's the high end system, according to my tech, Doug Chernes of race technik in tempe az.

He said he's putting in 3 misters. one for each intercooler, and one for the intake plenum. Plus a temp module to record the intake temp pre-filter vs. deep in the intake plenum. should be pretty cool, since i can get a direct measurement of the utility of the aquamist system.

I'm in phoenix. You think yu have a problem with your intake temps? ha! I think it was greater than 100 F for over 100 days in a row last summer!!

Boosted-Bora
March 6th, 2008, 01:46
Wow man that is hot as hell im sure the car feels super sluggish in the hot months.