PDA

View Full Version : VW Group Driving Ideas Event

MR USER
February 29th, 2008, 14:47
I received today an invitation to a vw event or presentation. The event is called "Driving Ideas".

In the brochure explains that the event is aimed at the future and the strategies of the group... and is just 2 days before the Geneva show starts...

Does any of you know what it will be about?

Is anyone else coming?

MR USER
February 29th, 2008, 15:20
There is more to it... there is this web address...

http://www.volkswagen-group-events.com/genf2008/

roadrunner
February 29th, 2008, 20:46
There is more to it... there is this web address...

http://www.volkswagen-group-events.com/genf2008/

Did you get your login info? If so, get your a** over there and login :hihi:

Sounds very intersting: maybe you can testdrive the R8 V12TDI :jlol:

Keep us posted - unfortunately wont make it to Geneva autoshow due to business travel - the other direction (Sofia). Believe me, I would rather be in Geneva on the Audi stand.

Hope to catch you 2009 :cheers:

MR USER
March 3rd, 2008, 14:23
Website was open only for a short while to provide information regarding where and when the meeting will be held.

On the other hand there is a presentation that comes with the invitation that presents the new models that will be present at the Geneva show...

We already know them all but here they are anyway:

A4 Avant
A3 Cabrio
RS6 Avant
TTS roadster and TTS Coupe
Q7 V12 diesel

by the way all the pics are from www.Fortitude.com!!!

MR USER
March 3rd, 2008, 21:08
I just got back home....

Very nice presentation indeed! The whole board of the vag group was there. and they told us 2 very important things... the first one is that Porsche will have the majority of the Vag Group very soon and the second one that the group acquired Scania... the Swedish truck company!
THe presentation started with a brief introduction by the chairman of the group... followed by a 15 minutes movie to present all the group new entries. In this short movie they did show the S4 Avant being chased by several other cars. then the Seat Bocanegra, the new scirocco and few other models including the Gallardo LP the Q7 v12 tdi the Audi R8 v12 tdi and so on...

The R8 tdi appeared on stage as you can see in the pics and It does look fantastic in red with carbon trim!!!

Then the A4 3.0 Tdi (note the exhaust on oval shape.... what will the RS have? chimneys).

THe scirocco appeared after 2 scodas and preceeded by the Seat bocanegra concept.

The baby Lambo in LP dressing came by with loud roar and joy of the present!

THe show would not have been complete without the Veyron 16.4 litterally taking off from the stage in a small cloud of white smoke coming from butning rubber!!! sweet!

Enough of talking... here are the pictures... and these are the very very first of Geneva....

The first car to appear on the stage is the brand new Bentley.

MR USER
March 3rd, 2008, 21:13
here are some more

MR USER
March 3rd, 2008, 21:18
and couple more...

MR USER
March 3rd, 2008, 21:25
Last but not least if the picture quality does not satisfy you... write to Steve Jobs... and ask him to make a 10 mega pixel IPhone!

The brand new white of the lambo is called MAT PERL WHITE... live is amazing!!!!!

chewym
March 4th, 2008, 01:11
Did they tell you where Porsche got all of those billions of dollars? And did they tell you if Porsche will ever share technology? Audi can sure use a bigger displacement V8, yesterday.

Did they possibly mention what kind of engine the S4 will have?

MR USER
March 4th, 2008, 06:40
Nope! Sorry all the CEO said is that porsche will have the majority. No mention whatsoever to the S4 just the video... (and the car in the video definitely had the quadpipes and was sitting lower than the standard).

Regarding the contribution of Porsche to the group... he mentioned that they will have exciting new market possibilities and they will lead in every segment they have with a vast range of winning products....

roadrunner
March 4th, 2008, 09:02
Great Report :thumb:

Would be interestin if the red R8 V12 is the repainted Detroit car or a second prototype.

I think we are looking into a bright Porsche & VAG future. After all, if they can consolidate Volkswagen, it does not matter where the majority of the profit comes from that much - meaning that Porsche will not restrict VW & Audi that much. And if you look at the sales figures of Lambo - they are no real threat to Porsche as well.

MR USER - if you go to the Geneva Autoshow, try to bring another camera with you :hihi: :cheers:

cheers
seb.

Rage
March 4th, 2008, 10:24
The brand new white of the lambo is called MAT PERL WHITE... live is amazing!!!!!

The pearly white is amazing.........

I would love to have it on the RS5....infact the PS of the RS5 on Fourtitude's RS5/TTRS speculation report looked that colour too:-

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Audi_News/article_3770.shtml

Any chance we could see that colour on a production Audi? (TTRS/RS5)

Edit: I will going to The Geneva Motor Show...hopefully more details there.

MR USER
March 4th, 2008, 11:08
The beauty of that color is that has no shiny finish... no gloss or reflection and is still sooo bright!!!