PDA

View Full Version : Audi will show the Q7 V12 TDI in Geneva, spied completely uncovered

chewym
February 29th, 2008, 04:56
Car and Driver says that Audi will show the Q7 V12 TDI at the Geneva authoshow. It also has two pictures of the final version, only the LED DRLs are covered up.

http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezwebin_site/storage/images/news/auto_shows/2008_geneva_auto_show_auto_shows/production_debuts/2009_audi_q7_v_12_tdi_auto_shows/2009_audi_q7_v_12_tdi/2009_audi_q7_v_12_tdi_2/1214423-1-eng-US/2009_audi_q7_v_12_tdi_2_gallery_image_large.jpg

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/auto_shows/2008_geneva_auto_show_auto_shows/production_debuts/2009_audi_q7_v_12_tdi_auto_shows

Benman
February 29th, 2008, 22:32
gjg's next ride perhaps. ;) :D

Ben

HKS786
February 29th, 2008, 23:01
That is so hot! It's the way a Q7 should look :D

AndyBG
March 1st, 2008, 01:44
That is so hot! It's the way a Q7 should look :D

+1 !

''regular'' Q7 is just lacks that agresive look...

gjg
March 1st, 2008, 17:26
+1 !

no fog lights?

gjg
March 1st, 2008, 17:32
gjg's next ride perhaps. ;) :D

Ben

with your financing I'm ready to order ....... :harass:

HKS786
March 1st, 2008, 20:32
+1 !

If I'm honest, the X5 is is one of the few times I'd take a BMW over Audi. It looks beautiful. The thing that I love about it most is it's shape and stance. The Q7 looks very long and quite plain. However, the S-line is hot and this V12 looks amazing!

+44 Dave
March 2nd, 2008, 00:23
If I'm honest, the X5 is is one of the few times I'd take a BMW over Audi. It looks beautiful. The thing that I love about it most is it's shape and stance. The Q7 looks very long and quite plain. However, the S-line is hot and this V12 looks amazing!

I'd take the Q7 on presence everytime. It has so much, almost to much of it. That huge flat front and grill. Everytime i see one i want one. But couldn't justify it.

Leadfoot
March 2nd, 2008, 00:27

I had a Q7 and I totally agree with you, when I saw the one X5 Mk2 in a carpark I parked my Q7 beside it and to be honest with you it looks boatish in comparison, it's big with wing mirrors like ears. I'm hoping that the Q5's size will address a lot of this issues.

For me at the minute I rate the X5 the best looking SUV out. Question is will the X6 look better or worse than the X5 when seen in the fresh, in the video and photos I don't get it. But I said the same about the 3series Coupe and it looks a lot better in real life.

P.S.
Second best SUV is the VW Tiguan.

AndyBG
March 2nd, 2008, 03:57

100% correct. Only in full S-line package and with some 21'' wheels Q7 is getting that presence that X5 have on the base model...

gjg
March 2nd, 2008, 14:34
I had a Q7 and I totally agree with you, when I saw the one X5 Mk2 in a carpark I parked my Q7 beside it and to be honest with you it looks boatish in comparison, it's big with wing mirrors like ears. I'm hoping that the Q5's size will address a lot of this issues.

For me at the minute I rate the X5 the best looking SUV out. Question is will the X6 look better or worse than the X5 when seen in the fresh, in the video and photos I don't get it. But I said the same about the 3series Coupe and it looks a lot better in real life.

P.S.
Second best SUV is the VW Tiguan.

r u driving the looks of it? need to show off? than the x is the game :harass: ...

could not resist :doh: - I prefer the plain jane elephant ears look, bimmer comes accross as(s) bit arrogant at this end of the continent :argue: ...

Leadfoot
March 2nd, 2008, 14:41
r u driving the looks of it? need to show off? than the x is the game :harass: ...

could not resist :doh: - I prefer the plain jane elephant ears look, bimmer comes accross as(s) bit arrogant at this end of the continent :argue: ...

Purely on looks I reckon the new X5 is top dog, the Q7 still looks good but in comparison I personally think it looks a bit boaty looking. It's still a great thing to drive and with the best interior in the business but until the X5 Mk2 came out I never noticed it's failings.

ZeroCool
March 2nd, 2008, 15:49
this big mirrors - are from the European Union ... every new car must have such mirrors (also the new X6 or the new X5 will have them)

gjg
March 2nd, 2008, 16:49
this big mirrors - are from the European Union ... every new car must have such mirrors (also the new X6 or the new X5 will have them)

is this yet another bright perfomance from Brusells? :doh: Are we really paying those ars*holes to come up with such brilliant ideas??? :vhmmm:

ZeroCool
March 2nd, 2008, 16:51
yes it is - also the door knob which all new Audis have...

IhateRWD
March 2nd, 2008, 19:10
X5 and X6 looks like unfinished car, when you look at the nose of the car you actually see a big whole underneath that looks terrible and the front bumber is old and not good shaped at all and those yellow angel eyes looks terrible, i would not say anything more about the back of the car which looks like it's made in 90's...Q7 it has more presence and coupe like aspect and wins the design battle no matter the package usage. And Q7 V12 TDI looks like a mean beautiful machine ready to ripp the head of others...lovely:)

gjg
March 2nd, 2008, 23:47
yes it is - also the door knob which all new Audis have...

yeah, the one with big handle ... ouch scheisse :doh:

AndyBG
March 3rd, 2008, 00:06
RS 6 also have thos''fantastic'' new side mirrors... :(

Audiphile
March 3rd, 2008, 02:31
Check this out everyone:

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/concept-cars/audi%e2%80%99s-maritime-inspired-q7-coastline-concept/

Now that is the Q7 V12 TDI I want! The interior is a work of art and the exterior design is aggressive the way an Q7 should be. I assume you will need a very fat bank account for this one.

French Riveria anyone? Or California's South Coast or the Hamptons? Perfect place to be seen in the Q7 V12 TDI Coastline