PDA

View Full Version : Audi S4 Avant questions! First Post!

adamsrs
July 1st, 2003, 04:03
Hey guys! THis is my FIRST POST....i really like this site and look forward to your help in the future! My car was recently stolen...2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS-t with over $40,000 in mods....so i'm sad and excited at the same time. I MUST have an AUDI S4! I can't live w/o AWD and i love turbos! So i test drove a 2000 Sedan....it was a blast. I am a valet parker at the Seattle W hotel and have driven TONS of S4 sedans...but only ONE Avant. I LOVE the looks/practicality of the Avant. Plsu the sleep factor. is the Avant a lto slower than the sedan? I have heard it does a 6.0 second 0-60....what does the sedan do in comparison? Are wagon parts harder to come by? Like coilovers/exhaust/Alcantara and leather Seats? I REALLY want a NON=pearl white/Silver/ or Nagaro Blue 01-02 Avant. I want to put coilovers, exhaust, intake, RS4 carbon interior and engine peices, some nice Blow off valves, and a chip on it....keep it sleeper while it remains a beast. Oh yeah i wnat the Euro headlights too...lol OSrry i sound so disorganized, but i'm just very excited. Am i going to have a hard time finding parts for an avant? Cna i maybe have a link to some sites that supply these parts? Cna i get the Factory Alcantara/leather seats in the wagon? How much should i expect to pay for an 01-02 Avant with under 25k miles? I'm very serious about buying one......and i will only consider those three colors (white/silver/N. Blue) I appreciate ANY help! THANKS! i look forward to LIVING on this board! LOL THANKS!
ADAM
aks2@u.washington.edu
adamsrsturbo (AIM)

Qship
July 1st, 2003, 05:06
Just wanted to say hi from a fellow NASIOCer and I-cluber. Sorry to hear about the ride but looks like you'll be trading up.:incar:

Erik
July 1st, 2003, 08:35
You are very welcome to RS6.com.

The difference in acceleration between the saloon and avant is not much, about a tenth of a second or two.

adamsrs
July 1st, 2003, 09:03
THANKS FOR THE WELCOME! are Avants just too hard to find? Shoudl i justg get a sedan? i LOVe the practicality of the avant....
ADAM

Erik
July 1st, 2003, 09:17
Around here they're more common than the saloons.
Maybe some marketing guy in the US deceided something else?
Just look at the RS6 only showing up as a saloon in the US.
Don't know why.

Klint
July 1st, 2003, 14:18
Originally posted by Erik
Around here they're more common than the saloons.
Don't know why.

I can see the americans choosing a SUV or a Pickup over a 'wagon' or an 'estate' vehicle. The Market for the Avants would only be small, as the market share is more towards the SUV and the Pick-Up trucks.

Welcome aboard-BTW. :incar:

:cheers:

Benman
July 1st, 2003, 16:35
adamsrs,

sorry to hear about your loss.:vsad2: but nice to hear
that you'll be trading up to the S4. and welcome aboard:cheers:

Ben:addict: (only 2 more months to go!)

angryswede
July 7th, 2003, 08:05
"Around here they're more common than the saloons.
Don't know why."

yeah, in america they're pretty ucommon (avants) but they are getting a bit more popular. It just makes it that much more of a treat to see one that isn't being driven by a soccer mom though!!! I was all excited when I went to norway + then austria earlier this year with all the avants there. it was great. I have a pic of a nagaro rs4 that I saw outside edinburg right by my desk.

as for your car search. try ebay actually. you can get decent deals on there from time to time and then you can ship it to you or drive it back. seems like back east has really good deals on audis (around boston for some reason).

also try audizine.com or audiworld.com for more audi sites.