PDA

View Full Version : Do Porsche own VW yet?

Z07
February 27th, 2008, 22:06
I keep hearing about it but has it finally gone through?

GeCcO
February 28th, 2008, 20:39
As far as I know Porsche bought around 20% of VAG?

And I don't think that they will be able to buy the whole group, they don't have the money and it would probably not be allowed either.

Z07
February 28th, 2008, 23:08
I thought the same but I found this.

http://www.pistonheads.com/porsche/default.asp?storyId=15881

http://www.innovationcars.com/blog/porsche-to-take-over-vw/

Audiphile
February 29th, 2008, 00:12
Last time I heard Porsche wants to up its ante to majority stakeholder at 51%. However, it is getting grief from the VW labor Council that wants seats on the Porsche board of the holding company. It gets all twisted here because Porsche formed a new holding company to take over VAG, but more importantly the Porsche-Piech clan wants to prevent the VW Labor Unions from assuming too many positions on the Board. Now either the State of Saxony or the federal government of Germany wants to protect VW from full take over of VAG. So, not sure, but at the end of the day two things will be certain:

Porsche will take controlling interest of VAG, and Audi will fill all the executive positions at VAG (which they already have).

Piech continues to control VW, Audi, and Porsche (which he already is) and sit on his golden throne trying to relaunch the Phaeton in the US and still think can make VW seen an upscale brand that anyone takes seriously.

Finally, Piech will crowned emperor of VW-Audi-Porsche.

roadrunner
February 29th, 2008, 09:07

Piech continues to control VW, Audi, and Porsche (which he already is) and sit on his golden throne trying to relaunch the Phaeton in the US and still think can make VW seen an upscale brand that anyone takes seriously.

Good one :thumb:

When i was younger, i thought Piech is a genious. I still think that he is an exceptional engineer and good manager, but not whitout faults, which - of course he would not admit.

At the end, the current success of Audi will always be based on the good decisions he made in the late 1970' & 80's (quattro, move Audi upmarket, Rallye engagement, TDi engines, Audi V8,...).

tvrfan
February 29th, 2008, 12:00
Last time I heard Porsche wants to up its ante to majority stakeholder at 51%. However, it is getting grief from the VW labor Council that wants seats on the Porsche board of the holding company. It gets all twisted here because Porsche formed a new holding company to take over VAG, but more importantly the Porsche-Piech clan wants to prevent the VW Labor Unions from assuming too many positions on the Board. Now either the State of Saxony or the federal government of Germany wants to protect VW from full take over of VAG. So, not sure, but at the end of the day two things will be certain:

Porsche will take controlling interest of VAG, and Audi will fill all the executive positions at VAG (which they already have).

what does that mean? good for audi or not good? i hope porsche is not blocking audi on models (supercars) and power (hp) they want to build!!!

tvrfan
March 2nd, 2008, 21:30
can anybody help me on my question? what do you mean

GeCcO
March 3rd, 2008, 14:15
Audi has been "blocked" for several years. After Audi bought Lamob, they can't make something faster than the top Lambo. And yes, Porsche won't help either.