PDA

View Full Version : How many miles...

Kyle
July 1st, 2003, 01:10
I've cautioned my dealer 2 or 3 times now that I don't want anybody joyriding in my RS6 when it arrives. How many miles will it have on it before it even reaches the dealership (testing, etc.)? How many miles is acceptable after dealer prep?

iconcls
July 1st, 2003, 01:22
I am also worried about this, especially since it appears I will be out of the country for a couple of weeks when my car arrives at the dealer. The thought of people flogging my much awaited RS in my absence is frightening!

RS6FEVR
July 1st, 2003, 03:59
:cheers: Kyle
Well, we're supposed to have about a thirty mile check ride in Deutchland, give or take moving it in and out of containers, maybe another two miles (max) and whatever the dealer has to check out, maybe another two miles. So, I'm thinking 35 - 40. :incar: :incar: I had a great experience picking up my vette at the factory and seeing only 12 miles on the odo! :D :D

Not to worry Icon, I'll be glad to go down and take care of yours while I await delivery of mine!!! :hihi: :hihi: Where you headed and what a time to have to go?
:addict: FEVR :addict:

Erik
July 1st, 2003, 07:39
I can't recall the exakt figure, but the new RS6:s I've heard about had "more than usual" on the odo.

I understand this is due to the more extensive test drive by quattro GmbH.

Had a brand new RS6 Avant (Daytona grey - black package) in front of me yesterday but I never checked the insides.

peterb
July 1st, 2003, 09:35
Mine had 46 miles on the clock at the point I took delivery.

My previous Audis have had 5 and 13 miles recorded. I can't remember, off-hand, what my wife's A2 had on the clock at delivery - I could check later.

iconcls
July 1st, 2003, 11:29
Originally posted by RS6FEVR
Where you headed and what a time to have to go?

We're off to Nevis and yes, the timing positively sucks :-(

BTW, Pete left Laurel--what a shame :-( I do think Auto Nation is ultimately going to ruin one of the best Audi dealers in the country.

Benman
July 1st, 2003, 15:30
my guess (going by what quattro told me) is @ 30-50 miles. it shouldn't be a big deal (engine wise) if someone does take your car for a spin as each RS 6 is taken to the "dyno room" and ran at top speeds (150- 160 mph) for a 5-10 minute period. we were able to watch this part of the tour as well. and let me tell you, at 150mph with the car only a few feet from us the engine sounds SWEET.:bigeyes:

but i definately agree that i don't want the guys at the dealer flogging my car although it won't hurt it as all RS 6s are already broke in:cheers:

Ben:addict:

RS6FEVR
July 1st, 2003, 15:43
Originally posted by iconcls
We're off to Nevis and yes, the timing positively sucks :-(

BTW, Pete left Laurel--what a shame :-( I do think Auto Nation is ultimately going to ruin one of the best Audi dealers in the country.

Well at least Nevis is not a business trip to the far east as I often travel (fortunately for me not during this particular delivery event, anyhow)! :D Loved St. Lucia a few years ago. Rain forest was totally awesome.

Is there any way we can track down where Pete's going to wind up? I have heard from friends that he was very good at what he did. Definitely a tough time to be in the auto game! :eek: :eek:

iconcls
July 1st, 2003, 16:38
Originally posted by RS6FEVR
Loved St. Lucia a few years ago. Rain forest was totally awesome.

Is there any way we can track down where Pete's going to wind up? I have heard from friends that he was very good at what he did. Definitely a tough time to be in the auto game!

St. Lucia is my favorite, most beautiful island I have been to yet (we're building a home down there.)

Last I heard, Pete was in Michigan.

Rally
July 1st, 2003, 18:22
Audi says each car is driven on a 30 mile test loop plus the high speed rolling test bed for alignment purposes. The dealer tech has to put a few miles on the cars to do his job.
It should be easy to approach 45-50 miles on the odo. My s4 had 40 miles on the odo, the S6 had 38 and the A8L had 48.

I won't be alarmed at 50 miles on the RS6 odo and the dealer has promised nobody would drive the car other than the tech.