PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Avant Pricing and Specification Guide

StanYau
February 27th, 2008, 11:02
Hey all!

I received the RS6 CD this morning - along with a nice letter assuring me someone at the local dealer was going to give me a call shortly. It's also a nice touch that the letter was personally signed... :)

The CD is a little disappointing - it's just a single PDF document.

I've uploaded both the letter and the Pricing and Specification brochure up here:

http://cid-4e1a5ecb8134dc4d.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Audi%20RS6%20Avant%20CD%20brochure

Shame that a lot of the additional options - such as Ceramic Brakes, Sports Exhaust, etc aren't in there yet... :(

LU-RS6
February 27th, 2008, 11:24
Here in Switzerland we got a letter with an USB stick redirecting you to http://www.rs6world.ch

KarlMarx
February 27th, 2008, 12:18
(Thanks for up loading the letter and spec details)

It is partricularly odd about the ceramic brakes as they are an option on the www.audi.de (http://www.audi.de) configurator. (The same is also true for the black optics package.)

I think the Audi UK handling of this has been poor particularly given that of the approximately 700 odd that will be made a little under half of them will come to the UK (I think):
- The UK audi site doesn't have the RS6 on the configurator but the German one does.
- Switzerland gets its own RS6 Audi website - all the UK gets is a PDF version of the brochure - why not send out a hardbacked hardcopy?
- The UK stuff that has been mailed out has been slow to be sent (compared to when is was said to have been posted)
- The PDF which has been sent out doesn't actually list all the features that the car has anyway. So how do you really know what you're getting? Most of the things are small points but if Audi has the info (which it does) why not send it out?

These may be minor quibbles but given the image Audi likes to have, the cost of the car and the intended impact of the new RS6 I think it comes across badly.

Grump, grump, grump, grump....:w:

-----------------------------------

OK, after winding my neck back in a little, I have a question...

If Audi said that in a later production run, the RS6 could have ceramics, sports exhaust added (assuming they can't be now) would anyone here consider waiting until then to have theirs built? I think I probably would.

Marv
February 27th, 2008, 13:36
I'm not sure about going for the ceramics given the expected extra cost. The steel ones will be all you need unless you go for a lot of track days (which I don't and probably wouldn't use an RS6 for even if I did)

On the plus side they look really cool, will last a lot longer than the steel ones (I currently go through a set of disks about every 20k miles on my RS6 Avant).

They do reduce unsprung mass by about 20kg but none of the reviews that I've seen so far make any comment as to how this changes the handling and ride. Does anyone have any views on this?

KarlMarx
February 28th, 2008, 05:58
My main reasons for seriously considering the ceramics would be the weight saved (although to be fair it isn't much but it is absolutely where it counts), and also the length of time they'd last for.

I too would be interested to hear what people with more knowledge than me think about how the weight saved would affect handling, if at all.

gjg
February 28th, 2008, 10:26
Grump, grump, grump, grump....:w:

-----------------------------------

OK, after winding my neck back in a little, I have a question...

If Audi said that in a later production run, the RS6 could have ceramics, sports exhaust added (assuming they can't be now) would anyone here consider waiting until then to have theirs built? I think I probably would.

I'll wait until complete package is available ....

RS6Fan
February 28th, 2008, 10:38
Audi GB have advised me that ceramics will be available for the car, they will be priced at £6250 but may delay delivery between 4 and 10 weeks due to limited supply.

Black optic pack will also be available on the car.

As for the sports exhaust, there are some development issues that have delayed availability (too noisy!) but if and when it becomes available they are suggesting it can be retro fitted.

KarlMarx
February 28th, 2008, 10:48
Thanks for posting that - would have been good to have that info on the spec guide.

I hereby promise to officially stop being a grumpy git.:dance:

:rs6kiss:

StanYau
February 28th, 2008, 11:12
Actually, KarlMarx, can I join you on the grumpy boat...?

The whole handling of this (delay in getting information out, limited information from dealers, limited specs in brochure) is really shoddy for what is one of Audi's flagship cars.

In my opinion, although Audi has not appeared to treat it as so, the RS6 Avant is equivalent to the R8 in prestige. It is equally priced (probably slightly more expensive once options are put in - I reckon between £85,000 and £95,000 is a fair estimation), and has equal or better specs. True - it doesn't handle as well as an R8 (no 2+tonne car will), but it's surely just as worthy as the R8.

Given all that, the lack of communication, information and options is really shoddy. I see the UK web site still has no new update or configurator for the car. As someone mentioned previously - all this despite the fact that half of the initial batch of cars are allocated to the UK.

Of course - this won't stop me buying the car. But I'm really uncertain as to when I can place an order, and when I can expect delivery. I would like the ceramic brakes, sports exhaust, etc - I'm of the mind that if I'm spending all that cash on a car, then adding a little more for the extras is better than buying a standard-build and spending the next few years wondering why I didn't just spring for the few extras...

Anyway - mini-rant over. The car is superb - reviews have been generally positive, and I can't wait to test-drive one when they arrive. However, I'm still unhappy that I have no clue as to the final cost of my car, and when I can expect delivery because of the options that I want. Bah. :(

Marv
February 28th, 2008, 12:13
Her indoors has just been on the phone saying we definitely need the advanced parking system so clearly the CD has arrived in the post!

No confirmation of a delivery date though (deposit put down mid Oct).

In my opinion, although Audi has not appeared to treat it as so, the RS6 Avant is equivalent to the R8 in prestige.I agree, the big difference though will be residual value. I think the RS6 will depreciate much faster than the R8 :cry:

Leadfoot
February 28th, 2008, 13:41
If looks like the 174mph limiter has finally been put in the option list, my original chat with one of my sources had stated that Audi were still to try a few different tyre brands and compounds to see if they could get the desired grip without blistering but it looks that the concern for safety has meant that this is the safest speed limit for the foreseeable future.

Though if this limiter is as relaxed as the 155mph limit then a good 190mph is very much on the cards. :hahahehe:

StanYau
March 6th, 2008, 01:37
Following on from this thread, I've heard back from Audi UK regarding a few of the options.

My info agrees with RS6Fan's comment that Ceramics Brakes are available to order now at a cost of £6250, although there is a limited supply of these and it will delay the order by a few months. The local dealer also confirms this, and mentions that he heard that there will be less than 100 cars shipped to the UK with ceramics.

The Sports Exhaust System is unlikely to be introduced this year.

I'm waiting to hear back about the Black Optics and the Titanium alloys...

Finally, there appears to be a few more (cosmetic?) options to be announced in the next few weeks. I quote:

"There are a few other exclusive items which will be announced in the coming weeks such as RS 6 floor mats and suede steering wheel, but if you have a specific item which you are interested in, please let me know and I would be happy to look into it for you."

Will keep everyone posted when I get pricing back on the other two options I asked about, and any further info that may be forthcoming...! :)

StanYau
March 6th, 2008, 01:48
As an aside, it was quite interesting to hear from the dealer's perspective...

He commented that the sales of the RS6 are very different from the normal car. Everything appears to be led from the UK office, rather than local dealerships (confirming everything mentioned around this previously).

In fact, he wasn't even aware that I had recieved a follow-up letter from Audi UK confirming a Aug/Sep 08 delivery date - his system only showed the delivery of the original letter and CD brochure. Amusingly, he reckons that the dealer system is about a week behind - so next week he'll finally be notified to take the order for my car... :)

RS6Fan
March 6th, 2008, 09:30
Following on from this thread, I've heard back from Audi UK regarding a few of the options.

My info agrees with RS6Fan's comment that Ceramics Brakes are available to order now at a cost of £6250, although there is a limited supply of these and it will delay the order by a few months. The local dealer also confirms this, and mentions that he heard that there will be less than 100 cars shipped to the UK with ceramics.

The Sports Exhaust System is unlikely to be introduced this year.

I'm waiting to hear back about the Black Optics and the Titanium alloys...

Finally, there appears to be a few more (cosmetic?) options to be announced in the next few weeks. I quote:

"There are a few other exclusive items which will be announced in the coming weeks such as RS 6 floor mats and suede steering wheel, but if you have a specific item which you are interested in, please let me know and I would be happy to look into it for you."

Will keep everyone posted when I get pricing back on the other two options I asked about, and any further info that may be forthcoming...! :)

The Titan wheel option will not be available for UK cars. I specified my car on Tuesday and wanted to add this to the specification. The dealer called Audi UK and they advised UK cars will not be available with this option. I ordered the black optic pack, which is available, price is to be confirmed.

I spoke to Audi UK yesterday and they are suggesting delivery of my car in July, perhaps June. I've added several options, none of which will delay delivery:

The invoice price including a Tracker was £84443.64 including RFL.

KarlMarx
March 6th, 2008, 10:03
RS6Fan - can I ask what your date of interest is with ROI?

RS6Fan
March 6th, 2008, 10:08
I paid a deposit for the car in March 2006, and received the New Vehicle Register of interest form from Audi on the 25 October 2007.

Marv
March 6th, 2008, 11:57
He commented that the sales of the RS6 are very different from the normal car. Everything appears to be led from the UK office, rather than local dealerships (confirming everything mentioned around this previously).

This is exactly the way the R8 was/is done....which is annoying because I was ready to put a deposit down for a new RS6 ages ago and my dealer said there was no point because the order book was not yet open. He said that I would be the first on the list for the franchise as I had made the first enqiry, regardless of deposit. Now it turns out it is being managed centrally by Audi UK the deposit date becomes critical :doh:

KarlMarx
March 6th, 2008, 19:28
It's on the UK configurator.

2jm
March 6th, 2008, 20:50
Few words about the pricing, not the specification guide.

The new RS6 Avant got finally a price tag here in Finland. I almost fell of my chair. The base price is 220000€, which by today's currency ratio is almost 340000$.

This doesn't include the extras although the car is almost fully loaded as standard.

What's really odd is that R8 with R-tronic is nearly 15000€ cheaper than the RS6 which in other markets seems to more expensive than the RS6.

I'm not upgrading my RS4 for that although our family is getting bigger.

Whopping price!

-JM

Audi RS4 Avant 2008 - Daytona Grey

DuckWingDuck
March 6th, 2008, 21:53
That is crazy pricing! I love the RS6 but I don't love it for Ferrari money.

Erik
March 7th, 2008, 06:12
That is crazy pricing! I love the RS6 but I don't love it for Ferrari money.

You can only partly blame Audi for that.

One word: TAX

2jm
March 7th, 2008, 15:13

Right about that but still M5 Touring costs 40000€ less than RS6.
GT3 is 20000€ cheaper than the RS6.

Still I'd take the RS6 over the M5 anyday, but I think the RS cars are getting a bit too expensive.

skiwi
March 7th, 2008, 20:15

yes, but audi have made a marketing decision wrt price - and that is to limit demand through pricing - so that they can get on with the rs5 soon (imo).

Marv
March 7th, 2008, 21:13
Does anyone know what Nardia micofibre is for the headlining? I've got alcantara in my current RS6 which is better than the cloth but I don't see that as an option on the new car.

r1nga
March 7th, 2008, 21:24
Nardia Microfibre look exactly like Alcantara on the sample sheet from the interior 'design' folder. Reckon it's Audi's new name for fine Alcantara. Hellish expensive at £1200 here in the UK.

Marv
March 10th, 2008, 13:22
Does anyone have any idea what OEM tyres will be shipped with the new car? When I got my RS4 back in 2000, Audi shipped with Dunlop, Michelin or Pirelli - mine arrived with the Dunlops :(
Is there any customer choice with this or is it just the Audi lottery again?

Marv
March 10th, 2008, 21:41
Ha-ha just looked at the 2003 UK brochure for the original RS6 - you could still get an audio cassette holder: :lovl:

Cassette box holder, for three cassettes in the centre console
between the front seats (must be combined with Symphony II,
not in combination with GSM mobile telephone preparation)

DuckWingDuck
March 10th, 2008, 22:29
damn, i would've preferred that to the gsm mobile telephone prep that's in my car which doesn't work with any of my damned phones!!

Tony Lam
March 11th, 2008, 03:57
Marv, would u mind if u can show me some of the pictures of that brochure...i really want to see it. thanks so much!!!!!:blush: :bow:

RS6wishfulthink
March 11th, 2008, 17:36
Here in Switzerland we got a letter with an USB stick redirecting you to http://www.rs6world.ch

Great page thanks mate :)

Marv
March 11th, 2008, 20:56
Marv, would u mind if u can show me some of the pictures of that brochure...i really want to see it. thanks so much!!!!!:blush: :bow:

The guys on this forum have scanned it and made a pdf:
http://rs246.com/downloads/AudiRS6C5/Docs/RS6_UKPriceList_Aug03.pdf

It's interesting to see what Audi UK have made standard on the new one that was a cost option on the old and vice versa.

Tony Lam
March 12th, 2008, 13:15
Marv, thank you very much!!!!! I love it so much!!!!!:thumb: :burnout:

RS6wishfulthink
March 12th, 2008, 21:34
I don't believe that RS6 08 will cost 220 000 € it's 7 400 000 SK in my country it would be sick because S6 costs only 85 000 € (2 800 000 SK) so why would it costs so much is it all golden or why? :nana:

RS6 Owner Aug08
April 1st, 2008, 09:40
have just spec'd my car but now read about this option.
Is it worth it? has anyone got pics or any idea about it?

gjg
April 1st, 2008, 10:05
have just spec'd my car but now read about this option.
Is it worth it? has anyone got pics or any idea about it?

if you do not like chrome, this is it - no chrome. The windows and front mast rim is black, on Avant you need to order the black roof rails. IMHO looks better, I have that package on mine.

I also got got outside mirros painted same as car, no shiny alu... :hihi:

StanYau
April 1st, 2008, 10:09
If you're ordering in the UK, though, just be aware that the Black Optics kit is not available (as is the Sports Exhaust System, disappointingly).

I've had confirmation that from Audi UK that they are definitely not available - this is unlike the Ceramic Brakes, which aren't on the brochure or configurator, but actually are available to order (at £6250).

RS6 Owner Aug08
April 1st, 2008, 12:00
my dealer has just told me an August delivery having previously been promised June/July.
Should i expect it in AUgust or will there be more delays!!!!

KarlMarx
April 1st, 2008, 13:19
More delays....

It all seems a long way from the "May" they were originally quoting.

gjg
April 2nd, 2008, 10:39
I don't believe that RS6 08 will cost 220 000 € it's 7 400 000 SK in my country it would be sick because S6 costs only 85 000 € (2 800 000 SK) so why would it costs so much is it all golden or why? :nana:

Slovakia, with options, 135.600 Euro or approx. 4.600.000,- Skk ...... :doh:

RS6 Owner Aug08
April 28th, 2008, 09:27
Have now been told to wait til September on the excuse that it will increase the resale value of the car.
My view is that i am being messed around.
Anyone hear of massive delays?

KarlMarx
April 28th, 2008, 12:00
Yes, I've been told Jan 09, which given how all the other "deadlines" have slipppppppppped I would reckon means March (or at least Spring) 09. To be honest, I'm starting to look at other makes. I'm worried that the delay is down to DRC problems and I'm not really reassured that they're going to be properly sorted out. My local dealer is great btw but Audi UK has been less than forthcoming.

RS6 Owner Aug08
April 28th, 2008, 12:06
Jan 09 - when was your first quoted delivery date?

KarlMarx
April 28th, 2008, 13:02
Well when I initially went to talk to Audi they were saying May. I genuinely don't mind how long it takes but what's been irritating a lot has been how dates given (for the brochure, for the configurator, for being able to place an order) have all slipped often more than once. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it got to Dec 08 and I got a letter saying "Oh, actually it'll now be March 09" and so on. I'm seriously having second thoughts. I've got a test drive in a couple of weeks which may swing me one way or the other.

Marv
April 28th, 2008, 13:15
Very similar situation for me - dealer told me May/June 08, Audi UK now saying Jan 09.

I'm tempted by a 535d Touring maybe take a used one for a couple of years then pick up a used RS6.

Might look at new Jag XF (though really need an estate car).

The new S4 Avant due Nov/Dev 08 might be a contender - it's nearly as big as the old C5 A6. Let's see if it's tunable at reasonable cost:hahahehe:

If the RS6 is delayed much longer the new C7 A6 will be out:hihi:

KarlMarx
April 28th, 2008, 13:38
If the RS6 is delayed much longer the new C7 A6 will be out:hihi:

My thought exactly.