PDA

View Full Version : laser blinder mounting

RXBG
February 26th, 2008, 14:34
hey guys. i've had this system on my S4 for three years and it saved me 3 times. i plan on putting it on my R8 as well but am wondering if any of you have any experience with the location of mounting. the S4 had three perfectly sized spaces for it.

MR USER
February 26th, 2008, 16:54
Well first of all you should know that is against the law in many countries to have such devices.... Said that I would have it mounted in the bumper if I was to get one... but that depends on which one you have or will buy!

RXBG
February 26th, 2008, 17:36
it's fully legal here in FL. paid for itself on the first hit. i was doing 100 in a 70. worked like a charm. this is why i'll be putting it on again. radar detectors are also fully legal here and in most states.

got boost
February 27th, 2008, 13:16
RXGB,

do you have a picture of your mounting locations on your S4?

thanks

IhateRWD
February 27th, 2008, 13:48
i've just order one laser radar detector from Whistler 3450 pro and i think i will never get a ticket for speeding, i heard is very efficient and here radar detectors are legal but is illegal to have a laser blinding device (but you can put one because will not search for it just ask for it, here it can't search your car without warrant).

RXBG
February 27th, 2008, 14:24
got boost. i put the sensors in two of the three bottommost slots below the fishmouth grille of my S4. they are glued in place. only had to reapply glue twice in three years.

Rudi
February 27th, 2008, 21:08
LaserProPark is legal because it is a parkingsensor.Best place is right above your license plate,because they are always aiming between your headlights at the licenseplate.If there is no room mount it right under.Works perfect,eventhough I have a Volvo V70R,Audi is better because it's ' rounder ' more difficult to get a precise hit...With the LPP you have still 4 seconds,when they aiming at the headlights,but most police don't know that and are always aiming at the licenseplate:hihi:

got boost
February 28th, 2008, 13:44
got boost. i put the sensors in two of the three bottommost slots below the fishmouth grille of my S4. they are glued in place. only had to reapply glue twice in three years.

thanks!!!!