PDA

View Full Version : Tiff Needell driving the new RS6, anyone see it?

HKS786
February 25th, 2008, 21:05
I'm sure it'll be on youtube soon. Here's what he said basically:

- RS6 is subtle in it's design, no "boy racer" look
- power delivery is amazing.
- very impressive engine.
- enjoyed it around the track.
- said the M5 was the Maclaren F1, but RS6 is the Veyron :hahahehe:

I cant remember everything but that's mostly it. It was a short review. For those who havent seen it I'll post youtube links when I find it.

Audifan92
February 25th, 2008, 21:19
Mabey finalgear.com will have it.

Marv
February 25th, 2008, 22:14
I really thought Tiff was going to moan, moan, moan that it didn't go sideways enough but he turned out doing a really sound review. Specially liked his Veyron comment!

HKS786
February 25th, 2008, 22:22
I really thought Tiff was going to moan, moan, moan that it didn't go sideways enough but he turned out doing a really sound review. Specially liked his Veyron comment!

I thought he might have commented that it wasnt as good round the track. However, all he hinted to was a little understeer but apart from that he really loved the car.

He didnt even mention the weight. Chris Harris said that whatever you do, you cant hide weight. All Tiff kept saying was that the power delivery was great and he loved the engine.

I'm impressed with the RS6 so far. If theres anything I dont like about it, it has to be the weight obviously and the fact that it's very expensive. Great car none the less. I'd take it over it's rivals.

+44 Dave
February 25th, 2008, 23:02
Dissapointed that it was only about a 5minute piece at the end of an episode. Thought they might have got an exclusive but they've just had the same car as everyone else and said very similar things to everyone else. What i'm looking forward to is hearing the everyday things about the new beast. Like how your dog reacts to 580bhp ? :revs: :hihi:

Well overall it wasnt a bad review but didnt really shine really how great this new car is, he just drove it abit and stated facts we already knew.

Now Topgears review will be something, i'm sure they wont just drive it round a track, but will drag race it with Jeremeys Gallardo or perhaps see how it performs as a day to day children bus/ piano transporter.

Nice to see they didnt say a word bad about it though.

IhateRWD
February 26th, 2008, 07:33
i really loved the Veyron comment and that comment should hear the BMW M fans because is so funny...I imagine what will do an modified RS6 with at least 650HP...spaceshuttle?:D

cornishmoocher
February 26th, 2008, 08:19
Dissapointed that it was only about a 5minute piece at the end of an episode. Thought they might have got an exclusive but they've just had the same car as everyone else and said very similar things to everyone else. What i'm looking forward to is hearing the everyday things about the new beast. Like how your dog reacts to 580bhp ? :revs: :hihi:

Well overall it wasnt a bad review but didnt really shine really how great this new car is, he just drove it abit and stated facts we already knew.

Now Topgears review will be something, i'm sure they wont just drive it round a track, but will drag race it with Jeremeys Gallardo or perhaps see how it performs as a day to day children bus/ piano transporter.

Nice to see they didnt say a word bad about it though.

I will let you in to a secret.......
My local Audi dealer has been involved with top gear in the past, and I ahve a good relationship with them, now apparently, when top gear get hold of it, they are giving it to Stig, Mrs Stig, Kiddy Stigs and two dogs Stigs...all with White Nomex suits and do exactly what you say. Remember if its true......you heard it here first, if its BS, I have hijacked moochers laptop and posted this lie lie and Damn lie :D :D

HKS786
February 26th, 2008, 09:10
As promised:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vZC_UOOsko

I just watched it again. The only thing bad thing he said was that you feel the weight in slower corners but in faster corners you get a little bit of oversteer where the car becomes "alive".

He also said that its not the perfect track car but is more fun than he expected. :addict:

Leadfoot
February 26th, 2008, 09:34
I took for his comments that the RS6's real home is the public roads and that it's exceeded his expectations for what is still a 2 tonne estate car. But with nothing to compare it to the comments are as good as one can expect, if there had been an M5 Touring against the RS6 then I reckon he would have been raving about the thing.

JCT2033
February 26th, 2008, 15:20
Great video, I really enjoyed it.

Ruergard
February 26th, 2008, 18:15
Great review, nice that they drove both on the track and on the normal roads. And as I see it, the RS6 really is the beast on normal roads! :thumb:

cornishmoocher
February 26th, 2008, 18:19
Leadie, you have it right, at the end of the day (I hate that cliche) it is a 2 tonne estate car, that has been designed for the road where it will perform as good as or better than the M5 touring or just about anything else smaller and more pointy than it.
Tiff loved it, you could tell by his voice and his little grunts!! I have watched about 5 times now ( have sky plussed it) the more i watch it the more I think he is smitten........

Leadfoot
February 26th, 2008, 20:56
Agreed, after re-watching the show it does look like old Tiff was warming to the beast and the thing seemed to cope pretty good for something which weighs over 2 tonne. I doubt the M5 Touring would have been half as neat going through those corners, maybe a bit more fun, but definitely no quicker.

cornishmoocher
February 26th, 2008, 21:26
In all honesty, Tiff drove that car harder than most of us ever will (if we are lucky enough to get one) and it coped admirably, as for the M5, I don't know enough about them to pass judgment, but I am an Audi man, so you know where my bias lies!

chewym
February 27th, 2008, 01:08
The RS6 looked pretty good out on the track. People should watch the M3 vs. 911 GT3 vs. Nissan GTR video about what oversteer does to lap times.

Ellden
February 27th, 2008, 10:00
It was a good review by Tiff, you really could see how passionate he was about the engine since he could not wait for showing us that biturbo "lambo V10" ... the sparkle in his eyes is priceless.

Can't wait untill somebody reviews it on public roads since i'm getting a bit tired of Circuit Paul Ricard. Seems like all the magazines have the same photos :doh: (from that trackday) which is really annoying.

:addict: Go beast! :addict:

BLITZEN
February 28th, 2008, 00:00
:harass: "Looks as boring as ditchwater?!" - sad but true. Understated is an understatement.

Nevertheless, that was awesome watching Tiff throw it around corner to corner with the back end loose one way, then the other. Can't wait to see Stig drive it!
:addict: