PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to be in Stockholm in late July?

Qship
July 1st, 2003, 00:05
I'm new on here. Want to introduce myself. My name's Marcus, I was born in Sweden and moved to Texas when I was 2. I can read and speak swedish fluently but my writing is a little off so I prefer to write in english but feel free to write me in swedish.

Anyways, I will be home (in Sweden) July 22 and would love to see an S4 V8 in the flesh. If any of you are in Stockholm then I will probably in Stockholm for a few days between July 22 and the 30th. Otherwise I will be out on Ljustero.

:s4addict:

Thanks.

Klint
July 1st, 2003, 00:09
Welcome aboard! :incar:

You might be in some luck, as there are a few Swedish board members around this neck of the woods. :D

:cheers:

Aragorn
July 1st, 2003, 00:42
Hi Qship,

I'm new to RS6.com as well, but nonetheless--welcome!

Just as you, I was born in Sweden, but it took me a little longer than two years to get to the US. Don't get me wrong, I think Sweden's a lovely country in the summer, but, eventually, rather frustrating to live in. Before this turns too personal and too political, though: I'll also be in Stockholm for a few days in late-July. I can't help you to seeing the S4, though, but I'd be up for a drink and a car chat!

/Aragorn

Qship
July 1st, 2003, 01:17
Originally posted by Aragorn
Hi Qship,

I'm new to RS6.com as well, but nonetheless--welcome!

Just as you, I was born in Sweden, but it took me a little longer than two years to get to the US. Don't get me wrong, I think Sweden's a lovely country in the summer, but, eventually, rather frustrating to live in. Before this turns too personal and too political, though: I'll also be in Stockholm for a few days in late-July. I can't help you to seeing the S4, though, but I'd be up for a drink and a car chat!

/Aragorn

Having never really lived there I can't say I experienced those frustrations but I do know what you are talking about. My dad loves to preach about it. I may be up for that drink though. Maybe we can celebrate my 21st which, ironically, happens when I'm in a country where the drinking age is 18. Maybe we can both experience an S4.

:)

Erik
July 1st, 2003, 08:48
I'm happy to see a few ex-pats on my site. :D
I've lived in Paris for 3 years 1988-88 and enjoyed it.

The best chance to see a S4 V8 is probably here.
http://www.audiforumstockholm.nu
This is the Audi Showroom in downtown Stockholm.
However they change their cars on a regualr basis so it's hard to know exactly what will be in there. Yesterday there was an ebony black S4 and a daytona grey RS6 in there as well as the new A8, A3 and the A4 Cab.
http://www.audiforumstockholm.nu/page_1457.shtml
I'm not sure yet but I'll probably be around Stockholm at the dates you mention.

Aragorn
July 2nd, 2003, 15:30
Thanks for the info, Erik!

I'm headed out now, but I'll be back in Stockholm on July 16, as it happens, to help yet another Swede emigrate. :)
I'm currently not sure for how long I'll stay in the capital, but I'll let the two of you know in case you want to check out the S4 and discuss politics or what not.

Until then, have fun!

I sure will be, driving a true beauty for two weeks: a 1970 VW Beetle! :incar:

Best wishes,

Aragorn