PDA

View Full Version : Fender Rolling

Boosted-Bora
February 24th, 2008, 06:14
So as I told you guys I will be going with a 9.5 wide wheels and am looking to run at least a 255 tire on them but I am concerned that it will rub the fenders since I will be quite low. I figured I would just "roll" the fenders for a bit more clearance but what I am scared of is, I have been told that you cant roll aluminum fenders like the ones on my car because the metal will ripple and stretch. Is that true or can you just roll them? Also I was thinking of just having a shop do them if there is a risk so if they mess it up they pay for new ones..Have any of you guys "rolled" your fenders on the beast?

So whats the verdict. Can I roll aluminum fenders? Should I have a shop do it?:doh:

AuditudeA642
February 24th, 2008, 13:11
With a 255 tire and 9.5 inch wide wheels you will probably rub on the inside so i would remove the fender lining instead. I dont think you have to roll your fenders.

Boosted-Bora
February 24th, 2008, 17:28
With a 255 tire and 9.5 inch wide wheels you will probably rub on the inside so i would remove the fender lining instead. I dont think you have to roll your fenders.

as low as I was i was rubbing the inside lip of the fender when truning with the stock wheels and 255:doh: so I am going to have to roll them

HeadShot
February 26th, 2008, 01:54
I've heard some bad things about rolling fenders and it sounds like you really need the room. When i had my S4 i looked into it and it just seemed like the final finish may be trash... and your point about aluminimum stretch.. yeah bad news - it can crack and tear depending on the bend.
If i was going that way i'd tak with a good custom body shop about laying in new fenders / cut and adjust.. bite the bullet and do it right. Just my two cents - good luck and pics when ya do it!!!!!
:cheers:

Boosted-Bora
February 26th, 2008, 22:02
Well i just talked to Mark at Champion Racing in Florida and he gave me the okay to go ahead and roll the fenders on the car he said they are strong enough to endure the pressure and not bend