PDA

View Full Version : Car Delivery????

Finnus
June 30th, 2003, 15:51
Anyone who has a car in port get any specifics on a delivery date yet?

I spoke with my dealer late last week, and I was told the cars were not being released from port until 7/1. No reason was given for Audi's sitting on the car. It's been in port since 6/11, so we're looking at 3-4 week delivery time. (I would hope that later deliveries will be much quicker than that).

If I'm REALLY lucky, I might have it before the weekend, but next week is more likely.

Finnus

:addict: :addict: :addict:

JP4
June 30th, 2003, 16:11
Originally posted by Finnus

If I'm REALLY lucky, I might have it before the weekend, but next week is more likely.

Finnus

:addict: :addict: :addict:

Argh! Makes one want to break out into song...."So close yet so far away"

I can't take the pressure! ;)

rsjoe
June 30th, 2003, 16:30
what getting parts for this car will be like. This is my first Audi and I'm not getting a warm, fuzzy feeling about this company. Why they simply didn't make known a Jul 1 release date is beyond my comprehension.

GoFastKindaGuy
June 30th, 2003, 19:48
This is my 5th Audi. In my experience, this is not typical of their performance. That web site has been frustrating -- with its random milestone generator. No Avant. Delayed pricing. The battery location. And the range of options or non-options for the US. Then the incomprehensible window sticker delay. Maybe its the low US volume. Naw...there is no excuse on a car at this price.

But the machines are worth it! Damn, the machines are worth it.

:incar:

Erik
June 30th, 2003, 19:51
Originally posted by GoFastKindaGuy
But the machines are worth it! Damn, the machines are worth it.

I'm looking forward to read your feedback vs. your 911 Turbo.

GoFastKindaGuy
June 30th, 2003, 21:12
I will happily provide it, but it may be old news by the time I get my RS6 in August. But who knows... I leaped from In Planning to Milestone 2 overnight!

I half expect it to go from the boat to back in paint shop. I wish they had skipped the web site and sent a key fob instead.

:vsad2:

iconcls
June 30th, 2003, 22:28
Originally posted by rsjoe
This is my first Audi and I'm not getting a warm, fuzzy feeling about this company.

I must caution you that AoA does not have a stellar customer service record as some of the other high-end marquees. Audi service is spotty at best; can range from excellent to absolutely abysmal--very dealer dependent. Many Audi people, myself included, buy Audis INSPITE of AoA. You seem very anbivalent about your RS 6 purchase and I can almost guarantee you that at some point, Audi the company, will p*ss you off.

Just a friendly caveat because I would hate to see anyone spend that kind of scratch and be disappointed.

rsjoe
June 30th, 2003, 23:47
Over the last three years I've had 5 BMW's including 2 M5's,M3,330i, and the infamous 02 745i. Their were problems with all of them, some minor and some tow worthy, but the 745i was the ultimate consumer insult. They actually shipped this car to the USA with metric dashboards and key fobs that didn't work and these were the least of my problems over the first 6 months. I currently have an MB E500 and it has been flawless, but the dealer is 25 miles away. The Audi dealer is 3 miles from my house and I'm not going to tempt the fates by saying they can't be worse than the BMW experience but I appreciate the heads up. Actually I have a greater problem justifying the price point of the RS6 vs the competition than the fear of driving loaners for 6 months ala the 745i. Good luck to all of us :)

Finnus
July 1st, 2003, 00:36
GoFast,

I can't tell you how frustrated I am w/ AOA. Tonight I got an e-mail notifying me that I've reached Milestone 7. The website showed it being reached 6/11. Maybe my car went back out to sea and I didn't know it.

I don't understand AOA's behavior with such a high profile car. Perhaps they just don't feel its that important. I agree w/ RSJoe that the price is high relative to the competition, but I'm sure when the new M5 is released it will be up there as well.

Finnus