PDA

View Full Version : Updated Audi timetable

raulg
February 18th, 2008, 17:45
Auto Motor und Sport did an interview with Audi chief development engineer Michael Dick. He gave Auto Motor und Sport the correct model release date from today till Feb. 2012

April
- A3 cabriolet
May
- A4 Avant
- RS6 Avant
June
- A3 (face lift)
- new 2.0l Common Rail engine
July
- TT S
September
- Q5, A6 face lift, Q7 V12 TDI
October
- RS6 sedan
November
- TT TDI
December
- S4 sedan and Avant

January
- Q7 full hybrid
February
- A5 convertible
March
- R8 V10
April
- A8
May
- R8 Roadster
June
- TT RS
July
- RS5
October
- A5 Sportback

Jan
- Q3
Feb
- A1 (2door)
March
- A7
May
- RS4
October
- A3
December
- A1 (4door)

January
- A6
Feb
- A7 convertible
March
- city (still a ? behind based on the VW up concept)
April
- Q5 full hybrid
October
- A1 Roadster
November
- A6 Avant
December
- R8 V12 TDI

Jan
- A6 Allroad
Feb
- A4 facelift

Some technical specs that he gave..

- TT RS 350hp from a 5cyl

- Q5 SUV is based on the A4 quattro not on the VW Tiguan and shares nothing with the Tiguan

- New A6 use a all aluminum chassie and nearly all aluminium suspension to reduce the car weight in average by 100kg compared to competetive models of other brands

- 2008 Audi market the cleanest running diesel engine in the world

- the A1 will be available as full electirc car with plug in technology

- The 2008 Q5 is the first DSG equipped car with longitudinal mounted engine in Audis modle range

- possible that Audi starts production in the USA

- Audi slowly goes away from all models looking the same with a single frame front image... beginning with the Q models receiving more marked vertical struts in the grill. The sports models will receive flatter and wider single frame grills. But according to design chief Stefan Sielaff this will be a slow process.
:R8kiss:

artur777
February 18th, 2008, 19:10
Great one indeed!

thanks!
So it's more reasonable wait for RS5 than for RS6 Sedan!

Ruergard
February 18th, 2008, 19:33
Very nice... thanks!

PeterJohn
February 18th, 2008, 20:24
A6 with ASF, hot damn. I suppose that goes for the A7 as well.

Lots of exciting stuff from Audi.

CliveH
February 18th, 2008, 20:58
Is this the (continental) European timetable Raul?

chewym
February 18th, 2008, 21:39
The 2009 A8 debut is quite interesting, as we have a fairly good idea about all of the other vehicles that come out before the new A8, but the new A8 should be quite exciting.

Audiphile
February 19th, 2008, 02:30
The 2009 A8 debut is quite interesting, as we have a fairly good idea about all of the other vehicles that come out before the new A8, but the new A8 should be quite exciting.

Agreed. We have heard quite a bit about the various upcoming models, but next to nothing regarding the new A8L. Although, rumors have it being bigger and should continue the A8's excellence.

I am somewhat disappointed that the A7 is coming so late to the party considering the MB CLS has been out for such a long time. A big mistake on Audi's part. Also, the R8 V12 TDI should be coming earlier than 2011 considering the concept came out in 2008. Three years is too long.:confused:

IhateRWD
February 19th, 2008, 11:52
for me just give me an S7,RS5 and RS6 Saloon...future favourite cars:applause:
A6 with 100kg less the 5series facelift and E klasse facelift that's hot...hmmm Audi allready rase the bars of technology:cheers:

Ellden
February 19th, 2008, 17:05
Thanks for the info raulg

for me just give me an S7,RS5 and RS6 Saloon...future favourite cars:applause:
A6 with 100kg less the 5series facelift and E klasse facelift that's hot...hmmm Audi allready rase the bars of technology:cheers:

Let Audi make the RS6+ like MB does with the "Black"-series... just imagine what a lighter (sedan) version with increased poweroutput would be able to do :hahahehe:

tvrfan
February 19th, 2008, 17:49
the + version isnt even confirmed and cant be compared with Black Series. Black Series got a whole different looking from the normal AMG´s. the RS6 + has just an increased hp. not more. and a + version is also just avaible for RS6 and not for other RS models, which is very sad and i dont get the point of that, that theres just one model which is getting the + version (RS6). why not RS4? the Black Series is avaible on other models too. SLK, CLK, later on SL.

Ellden
February 19th, 2008, 20:21
the + version isnt even confirmed and cant be compared with Black Series. Black Series got a whole different looking from the normal AMG´s. the RS6 + has just an increased hp. not more. and a + version is also just avaible for RS6 and not for other RS models, which is very sad and i dont get the point of that, that theres just one model which is getting the + version (RS6). why not RS4? the Black Series is avaible on other models too. SLK, CLK, later on SL.

I think it can be compared with the MB-black models. Even though with Audi it's only for the previous RS6. Looking @ the current market which is getting greener every month and the fact the HP-race seems to have reached it's limits car manufacturers need to focus on saving weight.

Improving engine economy will only make the car consume a small amount of % less petrol. Even combining the engine with "new" types/formes of combustion (like VW-group's turbo/supercharger) or new fuel types like E85, or bio-ethanol. All that won't matter if your car weight is as much as that of a Range Rover!

If you want a sporty car the thing to loose is weight. That will improve performance/fuel-economy/handling/etc. It's what MB is doing and Ferrari is doing even longer (and those cars arent all that heavy). So it would make sence for Audi to make their new RS+ available with a weight-reduction pack. This would be the "plus"-package for all top of the range products (say: RS4, 5, 6, R8, R10).

That in mind: it would be fun to see an all carbonfibre RS6 600 hp without rear-seats! :deal: :addict:

*ack* MTM & ABT will prob. give us one in a few months after the first avants are on the road. :jlol:

tvrfan
February 19th, 2008, 20:29
RS+ versions with reduced weight will never happen. just increased power. not more. maybe a bit other styling issues. but + is also not a name that would mean weight reduction. RS L (light) would make more sense if you know what i mean ^^.

Randy M
February 19th, 2008, 22:47
Wouldn't you say that a good estimate for the American market is to add 6 months to all of these dates?

raulg
February 20th, 2008, 01:37
Wouldn't you say that a good estimate for the American market is to add 6 months to all of these dates?

Something like that :)

RXBG
February 20th, 2008, 17:39
looking closely at the near future we should be excited to expect alot in the month of march. audi got the A4 avant out of the way today. that's good. points to a busy month.

geneva comes first- very early on. we can expect the Q5 and maybe the updated A6.

new york two weeks later. we can expect the updated A6 and the RS6 sedan.

i think the S4 is for later. maybe paris.

blue_r
February 26th, 2008, 08:43
October
- A5 Sportback

what the... i'm freaking out about this A5 Sportback thing... i thought A5 will only be coupe and convertible version of A4..??? this will ruin the A3...

The Pretender
March 4th, 2008, 19:10
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/5859/img0638crvb9.jpg

Jarod.

Rage
March 4th, 2008, 19:37
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/5859/img0638crvb9.jpg

Jarod.

Is that from a different source or just someone transcribing the above timetable?

The Pretender
March 4th, 2008, 19:58
Don't know just came across it.

Jarod.