PDA

View Full Version : Have you placed an order for the new RS6 yet?

jonas21
February 18th, 2008, 16:33
Please only vote "yes" if you have really ordered the car (e.g. configured it and got a approx. delivery time).

Boosted-Bora
February 18th, 2008, 16:58
waiting for it to come across the pond:cry:

Husky3
February 18th, 2008, 17:26
yes, ordered last Saturday, expected delivery in week 21 (if everything goes as planned.....).

jonas21
February 18th, 2008, 17:28
yes, ordered last Saturday, expected delivery in week 21 (if everything goes as planned.....).

is that including delivery to switzerland or in germany?
mine is expected week 14.

AudiRS6JD
February 18th, 2008, 17:44
When North America is given the OK, I'll be darting off to the dealership; I began talking to a friend who owns an Audi dealership in KY - they are usually allocated a couple of RS-line Audis when they are released - several months ago, so I will definitely be purchasing one when the time comes; I'll probably sell my A6 to have the extra garage space as well...can't go wrong with a 1st and 2nd generation RS6 in your garage! :addict:

Husky3
February 19th, 2008, 08:05
Please only vote "yes" if you have really ordered the car (e.g. configured it and got a approx. delivery time).
Switzerland. My dealer said that week 21 is the very first delivery time for Switzerland.
Week 14 seems incredibly early to me! Good for you...

waldo
February 20th, 2008, 14:12
Hi All,

I put my deposit down at the Sydney Motor Show last October.

Apparently I have number one sedan coming to Australia.

Have yet to spec car, but likely to be dark grey on black with paino wood and 20 inch's. No need for ceramics.

Any ideas on the progress of MTM and other re chipping?

All the best,

W

StanYau
February 20th, 2008, 15:06
Just wondering if anyone in the UK has ordered the RS6 yet...?

I noticed that it still doesn't appear in the UK Configurator, and there is still the old preview text on the UK web site.

From my conversation with the local dealer last time around, all I can do is sit back and wait until Audi UK gives the dealer the go-ahead to take my order...

Getting a tad worried that I haven't made the initial allocation now...! (Placed my pre-order back in mid-September last year).

gregoryindiana
February 20th, 2008, 18:46
I have a deposit in with the dealer. I am 3rd for an RS6, 11th for an R8. If the RS6 doesn't come to the US, I needed a backup plan.

courbcyr
February 20th, 2008, 19:41
UK - Specs due out this week was last I was told.

KarlMarx
February 21st, 2008, 07:53
StanYau, I've had an email from the Audi Register of Interest (ROI) which seems to be a national department - if you haven't had one it might be worth calling you local dealer to ask them if they've told the UK ROI about you.

StanYau
February 21st, 2008, 11:45
Thanks for the update, KarlMarx. I got a letter from the Audi UK Register of Interest back in December, and it correctly noted my deposit date of 10th Sep 07. Haven't heard anything further since this letter, though...

Hopefully I'll be getting a similar e-mail in the near future...! :)

KarlMarx
February 21st, 2008, 12:26
As I understand it, an options and spec-ing CD will be sent out "later this week". Whether that means today or tomorrow or some unspecified "later" (!) I don't know. Hopefully have it by Monday.

courbcyr
February 21st, 2008, 20:27
Confirmed sent to UK customers on the ROI tomorrow Friday March 22.

BobLeBuilder
February 22nd, 2008, 17:32
For the sake of a cross-post, I got my UK brochure and price list today. The option list isn't as extensive as the German set, but as you know it comes with a lot of pre-installed options in the UK.

KarlMarx
February 24th, 2008, 20:21
Hi Bob Le B. Was that a paper brochure or a CD?

BobLeBuilder
February 24th, 2008, 22:07
t'was a PDF of the sales brochure including options and prices

KarlMarx
February 24th, 2008, 22:40
T'was it indeed?

courbcyr
February 24th, 2008, 22:58
Karl - 99% quality post from you and now- Bob replies to your question and the only comment you can formulate is "twas it indeed"? You bored on a Sunday night?

KarlMarx
February 25th, 2008, 09:45
It was the "t'was" in Bob's post - I suddenly developed need for ye olde speake.

BobLeBuilder
February 25th, 2008, 17:15
Doust thou jest at my compense? Sirs, a pox on you all and may your plubs loosest some girth!

Unfortunately, the brochure is too big to upload. 5+Mb

KarlMarx
February 25th, 2008, 17:21
I am actually in ye grumpy moode today, as YET AGAIN no spec list from Audi. Grrrrrr. Double grrrrr, in fact - especially as I know it's out there.

A pox on all their houses etc, etc

Marv
February 26th, 2008, 16:53
...still waiting. Nothing from the postman this morning. How can Audi UK fail to co-ordinate a mail shot to a few hundred people. Actually answer ye not that conundrum - it's 'cause they're s!@^

KarlMarx
February 26th, 2008, 17:09
I gave up this morning and headed down to my local dealer who printed off the PDF for me. It is crap that given the supposed prestige of the marque, the expense of it and the reputation of Audi that they are unable to sort this out. I had also thought that we were getting your own configurator but no...just a PDF file. Disappointing.:nana:

r1nga
February 26th, 2008, 17:10
Got my letter this morning, 26th, although it is dated 20th (guess they used a 2nd class stamp!). Confirmed that as my deposit was so early (Aug-2005) that I am in the top 20 and will get my car in the first delivery week! Says I need to spec it within 14 days.

Which is all very cool, but I am not convinced I actually want it now (or what I really mean of course is afford it now).

Serious talk with myself due this weekend me'thinks!

Phil G
Guildford, UK

KarlMarx
February 26th, 2008, 19:15
Are the ceramics standard? They're not mentioned as an option. Also, does anyone know anything about what kind of security alarm it comes with and what about tracker? Feel free to PM me.

Marv
February 26th, 2008, 21:56
Ceramics are a cost option; don't know how much. I read somewhere (probably here) that they will not be available from the outset.

Security is Thatcham 1 then usually your pimp (or is that dealer :cool2:) can get you a tracker fitted from the vanilla one up to top of the range Horizon, obviously at your expense.

KarlMarx
February 27th, 2008, 00:22
Ceramics are a cost option; don't know how much. I read somewhere (probably here) that they will not be available from the outset.

Given that EVERY press release and review has commented on the ceramics I will be more than a little disappointed if they're not available. :noshake:

KarlMarx
February 27th, 2008, 09:26
I've also noticed that on the German configurator you can get the ceramic brakes and it also mentions the black optic package, neither of which can I find in the UK brochure.

What's that all about then?
:vhmmm:

I will talk to my dealer tomorrow (he's not in today) and let you know what he says.

KarlMarx
February 27th, 2008, 12:30
Sorry to post again but I've since found out (regarding the theft alarm) that it also has an anti-tow tilt sensor. Also all compartments (including the engine) get alarmed.