PDA

View Full Version : new S4 (Special Edition 400BHP)

Shak
June 30th, 2003, 10:47
http://www.audiukusedcar.co.uk/Carview3.asp?FS=5&now=30%2F06%2F2003+09%3A26%3A42&Id=1091266

just came across this at Audi.co.uk used cars

anyone know what/how to go about getting special edition, as my local dealer did not have a clue?

Shak

Klint
June 30th, 2003, 15:50
Shak,

The link doesn't work.

But I'm sure the advertisement is BSing about the details, never heard of a "Special Edition 400bhp" version, especially not by the factory unless it's a one off? Most likely it's had some engine work by an aftermarket firm and it's being advertised as a "Special Edition".

I'll do a google on it and see if anything comes up. :)

:cheers:

Shak
June 30th, 2003, 16:08
link works fine for me.

Audi S4 quattro Avant Special Edition 400BHP finished in Brilliant Red with black silk/ nappa leather interior. Specification includes anti-lock brakes, twin/side air bags, 18" Avus lll alloy wheels, central locking, driver information system, front/rear electric windows, heated seats and power steering. Performance pack, performance exhaust, high flow catalyst system.. Ex-demonstrator.

anyone else???

Shak

Erik
June 30th, 2003, 19:19
Broken link...

Shak
June 30th, 2003, 19:25
link is obviously session based, but a work-round is go to http://www.audiukusedcar.co.uk and THEN enter the link above.

or alternatively do a search for S4 less than 1 year old, and its 1 of the results there.

Shak

Klint
June 30th, 2003, 19:38
Shak,

That's interesting! It looks as though they have two available in the UK, both are Avants too.

I believe that if there is a perfomance pack avaliable through Audi, that it hasn't been officially released or launched to the general public.

I remember reading somewhere that a certain individual had an Audi S3 (2001 model?) with a extensively modified engine, which churned out 300bhp+ and the factory warranty was kept in place as it was done in house at Audi. He is also A british man.

I'm very interested about the perfomance package. Anyone with more knowledge about it?

Might be worth checking out with Audi UK to see if they are offering it? They are afterall, next in line from Audi dealerships.

CoOlSlY
June 30th, 2003, 19:46
400hp would be great! I'm wondering what they've put under the hood.

(Can't see the ad, i've checked with a 02151 zip code and a J3Y3M6 zip and still not working... Must have a UK zip code I guess)

Sylvain

Klint
June 30th, 2003, 19:49
Here's (http://www.listers-stratford.audi.co.uk/) a direct link to the dealer's website, for those who are out side of britain.

Looks like 'Listers Audi' don't do the package themselves, according to their website.

Anyone going to volunteer to email them for information regarding the "Sports Package" ? :D

Shak
June 30th, 2003, 19:50
try IG4 5AW instead

Fab5
June 30th, 2003, 21:47
Hi,

that canīt be true,the V8 without a Turbo or Compressor can not put out more than 360 ps.I think itīs bullshit,because there are no details about the modifications on the car.

cya,

fab5

Klint
June 30th, 2003, 21:57
Originally posted by Fab5
Hi,

that canīt be true,the V8 without a Turbo or Compressor can not put out more than 360 ps.I think itīs bullshit,because there are no details about the modifications on the car.

cya,

fab5

COUGH*

Performance pack, performance exhaust, high flow catalyst system

;)

Think again!

Shak
June 30th, 2003, 22:04
lets put it this way, i shall be on that phone 1st thing in the morning, looking for answers, either from Listers, or Audi Press office.

since I have an S4 Avant on order, i would like some more info (as seen on an official AUDI site)

Shak

Klint
June 30th, 2003, 22:34
Originally posted by Shak
lets put it this way, i shall be on that phone 1st thing in the morning, looking for answers, either from Listers, or Audi Press office.

since I have an S4 Avant on order, i would like some more info (as seen on an official AUDI site)

Shak

Shak,

Great stuff!

I'm in the process of word processing an email, to send to Audi UK concerning the Performance Pack for the S4 V8.

Keep us Updated on what's said by both parties. BTW- Great find if it leads to anything. ;)

Qship
June 30th, 2003, 23:58
:0:

Looks OK to me. First post here. Nice to see a quality forum on the Audi S's.

Shak
July 1st, 2003, 10:58
Just spoken to Listers, who inform me that its THEM who carry out the modifications to get the 400bhp version.

Covered by Audi Warranty...

I am awaiting a phone call for further information from their sales manager along with actual cost of the enhancements...

Shak

Shak
July 1st, 2003, 11:04
here is the lowdown:

Remapped Ecu
High Flow Cat
Miltek Exhaust

reckon anything from 415 > 425 bhp.

cost is around Ģ4,500 + vat.

person(s) to speak to are: Steve hawkins or Spencer Gray on 01789 414477 (Listers Audi)

Shak

Klint
July 1st, 2003, 14:09
Shak,

Brilliant stuff!! Absolutely Top work!!

Still no reply from any emails that I sent out last night. But it looks as if you've gotten to the bottom of it all. :D

Tony
July 2nd, 2003, 20:48
Hi, I think AMD is doing the ECU modification to 400 bhp.

try this link:

http://www.auto-amd.co.uk/

"NEW Audi S4 upgrades
AmD Technik have tuned the all new S4 V8, with three stages available to take it to over 400+ bhp starting from Ģ850 + VAT
True Muscle added at AmD!"

Tony

Klint
July 2nd, 2003, 22:38
Tony,

Thanks for the details!

Although AMD Uk have been known to do poor jobs on the vehicles they modify, this has been the expression of a couple board members in different threads.

McBurn4ever
July 3rd, 2003, 08:29
www.milltek.co.uk claims that their performance exhaust together with
a chip from www.amdtechnik.com gives the S4 "an astounding 403 bhp"

Read more here! (http://www.milltek.co.uk/news21.html)

:s4addict:

CoOlSlY
July 3rd, 2003, 13:44
This thread is getting more and more interesting but will have to see a Dyno sheet for making me believe that a chip and exaust on a NA engine will give about 60hp....... I doubt it. And they said they are working on a higher output version of the exaust...

(Just my opinion btw)

Sylvain

audifan
July 4th, 2003, 02:11
__________________________________________________ __

This thread is getting more and more interesting but will have to see a Dyno sheet for making me believe that a chip and exaust on a NA engine will give about 60hp....... I doubt it. And they said they are working on a higher output version of the exaust...
__________________________________________________ __

I agree........i don't think audi is choking their engines that much to have a 60 hp gain from an exaust and chip.....:eye: