PDA

View Full Version : New Member

AndyRS6ABT
February 17th, 2008, 23:14
Hi guys,

Thaught I would intoduce myself, Andy, from manchester UK and just put a deposit down on a 2003 RS6 ABT.

As a new member I will probably milk all your knowledge guys n gals but hope I can add soething back to the site in time.

As such first question, does anyone have a similar model to this and if so any comments? Whats peoples opinion of my decision on my next car?

Thanks! Andy:rs6kiss:

Boosted-Bora
February 17th, 2008, 23:16
Welcome bro you will enjoy your time here.

LU-RS6
February 18th, 2008, 00:12
Welcome, and looking forward to pictures :thumb::thumb:

MikeL01
February 18th, 2008, 01:05
Andy,
With a couple of mechanical issues aside (DRC) you'll enjoy the car and this board.

Fonzie Audi
February 18th, 2008, 02:42
What's up Andy! Great crowd here - lots of people willing to help, lots of info! Make sure you take advantage of the search tool.. it has done me wonders :)

AndyRS6ABT
February 19th, 2008, 09:28
Thanks guys, picking car up in about 10 days so will get some pics posted up :-) will post some of my current motor as well in next few days.

AndyRS6ABT
February 21st, 2008, 11:33
Here are some pics of my 2002 E46 estoril blue BMW M3. Manual box with the 19ich wheel option. It has a sports cat back exhaust and a short shifter. Love the car to bits but cant get away from the 500bhp alternative!

Andy

Ruergard
February 21st, 2008, 11:39
Welcome aboard to the best board on the web!

Nice M3 you've got there, but compared to your upcomming beast... :addict:
Pics when it arrives please! :)

AndyRS6ABT
March 6th, 2008, 11:58
Hi guys,

Well got the car late last week and as promised a few early pics!!!

Spec is 37,000 miles, full ABT pack including 380mm disks, exhaust, 20" wheels, Ecu chip and transmission. :rs6kiss:

Erik
March 6th, 2008, 12:28
It's been a while since I saw an Abt RS6.

Looks really good!

AndyBG
March 6th, 2008, 13:01
Very clean looking car, and very rare one too... This is first time I see full ABT RS 6, besides official pic's...

Congratulations, enjoy it! :cheers:

Tony Lam
March 6th, 2008, 13:12
very very nice car:addict: but i think audi 19" rims would be better.

AndyRS6ABT
March 10th, 2008, 16:48
Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated.

I like to be different so love the 20" ABT rims :-) but just hope I dont have to replace any of them (£1000 each)!

Cheers Andy

ben916
March 10th, 2008, 17:30
Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated.

I like to be different so love the 20" ABT rims :-) but just hope I dont have to replace any of them (£1000 each)!

Cheers Andy

Please excuse my ignorance but what is an ABT RS6? Never heard of one, this is the first one I have seen.

Is there some tuning upgrades? There are some visual queues I see in the photos but is that it? Thanks!

Those 20" look like some good curb feelers, be careful!

AndyRS6ABT
March 11th, 2008, 20:21
Please excuse my ignorance but what is an ABT RS6? Never heard of one, this is the first one I have seen.

Is there some tuning upgrades? There are some visual queues I see in the photos but is that it? Thanks!

Those 20" look like some good curb feelers, be careful!

Bit of info in this - www.rs6.com/articles/005.html (http://www.rs6.com/articles/005.html)

Cheers Andy

Rutkowsky
March 11th, 2008, 23:04
Congrats!! I had RS6 and changed to e46 M3.. lol

AndyRS6ABT
March 17th, 2008, 08:59
Hi guys n gals,

Took my new motor on a rolling road this saturday morning, it made 546bhp on the 4th and final run when the garage figured out how to hold the car in gear! Very pleased with this considering its the standard ABT tune! Its just been serviced and cam belt change so she is looking healthy. The run was done on 97RON Sheel V Power fuel. Was the most powerful run of the day :rs6kiss:

Cheers Andy

cornishmoocher
March 17th, 2008, 09:22
:bigeyes: Woooooh- Beasty!!

Welcome Andy.

And welcome to the V-power £100 fill up!!:D

I am trying to decide what to inject mine with QST, MRC or now ABT, choices choices choices.........................

AndyRS6ABT
March 17th, 2008, 09:47
:bigeyes: Woooooh- Beasty!!

Welcome Andy.

And welcome to the V-power £100 fill up!!:D

I am trying to decide what to inject mine with QST, MRC or now ABT, choices choices choices.........................

Hiya,

Yer I dont mind the £100 fill up - its how long it lasts thats the stinger lol!

With regards tuning, obviously the rollers speak for themselves and you cant argue with such a good bhp figure. I would however say my initial corres. with ABT have not been great. I have rang them twice now for a couple of quotes, one on brakes and one on a new wheel, both times they havn't bothered to ring me back!! Suprising considering there prices!

Will get a scanned copy of the printout up shortly.

Cheers Andy