PDA

View Full Version : how low can you go?

Boosted-Bora
February 16th, 2008, 19:10
Just finally dial my KW's in and I love them its rubbing a bit on the fender liner in u-turns but all in all it is great. Cant wait for the wheels to come. 19x9.5 but it looks like ill be stretching the tyres on the 9.5s with some 245 or 255 rubber.

Few pics (sorry for iPhone pics)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b276/boosted-bora/IMG_0040.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b276/boosted-bora/IMG_0038.jpg

The RS6
February 16th, 2008, 19:16
Why are you doing that? :(

[M3noDRFT]
February 16th, 2008, 19:17

Because it will out handle yours.

SICK :addict: Drew!!!!!

Boosted-Bora
February 16th, 2008, 19:20

Because Im a young tuner and not an old guy with a car that i bought not to use to its potential and believe it or not the control arms are almost flat even :rs6kiss:

I know some people will love it and others will hate it but IMHO i dont car as it is my car and i love it.:love2:

[M3noDRFT]
February 16th, 2008, 19:35
Because Im a young tuner and not an old guy with a car that i bought not to use to its potential and believe it or not the control arms are almost flat even :rs6kiss:

I know some people will love it and others will hate it but IMHO i dont car as it is my car and i love it.:love2:

This is what happens when a 20 year old gets an RS6 haha!

Yo, post this on E46. People are going to DIE. No lie. do it.

01a6v8
February 16th, 2008, 19:52
it looks alrite i would of left it alone just put the rims on it thats just my 2 cents

AudiRS6JD
February 16th, 2008, 21:00
Looks nice! I would never modify my RS6, since I have a thing for keeping rare cars stock...kinda strange, since I'm 20 years old as well. However, I've often thought about refitting my B5 S4 to make it sit lower but the same old thing about keeping the car stock goes through my mind even though the S4 is not really that rare. :rs6kiss:

DuckWingDuck
February 16th, 2008, 22:29
Christ I feel old! I have to say, after my initial reaction to the carbon lip, they do look kinda hot. The 19s will be pretty nice too, which 19s did you end up getting?

[M3noDRFT]
February 16th, 2008, 22:31
I'm 19 ^^

haha, don't feel old. Age is just a number.

Duma
February 17th, 2008, 12:20
lol...you are crazy... nhf

good job !!

Fonzie Audi
February 17th, 2008, 15:12
Dude i love it. I think it looks really nice. Do you mind giving me a ballpark on how much it costs to put in the KWs and where to get them?

I applaud you for doing what YOU want.. it is YOUR car, isn't it?? :hihi:

Boosted-Bora
February 17th, 2008, 17:07
yeah man i paid 600 installed with alignment and adjusted to MY specs

also dont worry guys i will be raising it as I have 9.5 wide going on the car soon

Fonzie Audi
February 17th, 2008, 18:23
$600? Not bad at all.. Where would i go? The only thing i have down here in South Fl is an APR dealer - and he's never heard of KW.

Does this setup help me avoid DRC failure?

[M3noDRFT]
February 17th, 2008, 18:40
^^ Drews DRC did fail, he bought the coilovers as an upgrade/replacement.

Boosted-Bora
February 17th, 2008, 19:49
$600? Not bad at all.. Where would i go? The only thing i have down here in South Fl is an APR dealer - and he's never heard of KW.

Does this setup help me avoid DRC failure?

Any shop who doesnt know about KW needs to be never dealt with KW is the biggest name in aftermarket suspension next to maybe Bilstein so I wouldnt bother using them at all and if you are in FL check out Champion Audi in Coral Springs

email

scottf@championmotorsport.com

hes a great guy and will take care of you.

Cheers,Drew

Fonzie Audi
February 17th, 2008, 21:22
Thanks dude - i emailed Scott and will wait for a reply. My DRC is OK for now - but i want to avoid the inevitable and also like the look. Thanks for making this post and sharing your ideas.

Boosted-Bora
February 17th, 2008, 21:27
No problem bro good luck with getting the coils on once you get them dialed in you will love them

Rutkowsky
February 17th, 2008, 21:55
Any shop who doesnt know about KW needs to be never dealt with KW is the biggest name in aftermarket suspension next to maybe Bilstein so I wouldnt bother using them at all and if you are in FL check out Champion Audi in Coral Springs

email

scottf@championmotorsport.com

hes a great guy and will take care of you.

Cheers,Drew

I have Bilstein on my M3 and is soo good!!

[M3noDRFT]
February 17th, 2008, 22:32
lol ^ I like you more and more! Finally some sensible people on here!!

Fonzie Audi
February 17th, 2008, 23:11
Drew - PSS9's or KW's?

Boosted-Bora
February 17th, 2008, 23:13
Well the PSS9 was recalled for our cars so i say KW's but i would have said KW anyway after having them on the car

What'sNext
February 20th, 2008, 22:14

also dont worry guys i will be raising it as I have 9.5 wide going on the car soon

$600?? That is just labor right? The coilovers themselves are around $2500.

Boosted-Bora
February 20th, 2008, 22:39
$600?? That is just labor right? The coilovers themselves are around $2500.

Correct just labor....and correct again coils are $2500+

ben916
February 21st, 2008, 07:08
;123241']Because it will out handle yours.

SICK :addict: Drew!!!!!

not over a speed bump, it won't...

M3noDRFT, why do you ALWAYS answer for Boosted-Bora? You do it everytime.

I am sure that other members are biting their tongues at your "SICK" comments or "Do it!" comment or "Witness" comment about the loner car, but in case this is the first time you have heard it or you hear/ignore it all the time at home, it is rather irritating.

Now this is about the time that you show everyone on the forum your intelligence with some sort of street credits or straight up gansta talk, right?

Boosted-Bora
February 21st, 2008, 08:41
not over a speed bump, it won't...

M3noDRFT, why do you ALWAYS answer for Boosted-Bora? You do it everytime.

I am sure that other members are biting their tongues at your "SICK" comments or "Do it!" comment or "Witness" comment about the loner car, but in case this is the first time you have heard it or you hear/ignore it all the time at home, it is rather irritating.

Now this is about the time that you show everyone on the forum your intelligence with some sort of street credits or straight up gansta talk, right?

I was waiting for this......LOL i knew it would come out sooner or later....anyway just to let you guys know i did raise the coils up about 1" in the front as i couldn't practically drive anywhere just due to too many ruts and potholes in this area also it was rubbing the inner lips of the fenders.....will post pics of new height.

Also update on the coils as I have dialed them in a bit more as far as Dampening and rebound go and I like them a lot more now I still need to adjust the rebound a bit more. Cause on continuous bumps it feels a bit unstable but will get it right. Also replacing the entire front suspension on Friday (control arms and bushings) will update late with my final settings.

Fonzie Audi
February 21st, 2008, 20:56
can you take some quick iphone pics of the new height and throw them up here?

Duma
February 21st, 2008, 21:51
we want more pics

Boosted-Bora
February 21st, 2008, 23:46
can you take some quick iphone pics of the new height and throw them up here?

il get you more pics tomrrow as it is dark here sorry guys

CornersWell
February 22nd, 2008, 15:11
Drew,

Best of luck with the mods.

While I didn't adjust ride height at all, I did change to Sportec Mono 10's (20x9s). I can't recall the tire size at the moment, but they're the recommended (by tirerack) size. However, they even rub the plastic liner (fortunately not the sheetmetal). Quite annoying.

Also, the 20's are a bit "stiff" in the absorption department. As you can imagine, the tires are so low profile, it can sometimes be bone jarring around the DC Metro area.

Anyway, good luck. Do whatever mods you care to. I have continued to stay away from the ECU and TCU upgrades to protect my warranty, but now that Champion is offering warranty-supported ECU/TCU upgrades, I might consider them.

BTW, the Dahlquist intake mod is pretty neat. Can't say as I notice a significant difference even with the Eisenmann, though.

Best,

CW

Fonzie Audi
February 22nd, 2008, 18:31
Can i get some more info on that intake mod please..? you have definitly peaked my interest

CornersWell
February 22nd, 2008, 20:29
Sure, Fonzie.

It's the Dahlback Cold Air Intake. It replaces the stock air filters and intakes. I can't provide pictures at the moment as I am traveling and won't be home for 3 weeks, but perhaps Drew can post a couple up. IIRC, he has the same mod.

It's a fairly nice piece of workmanship. I'll see if I can't find a link. As stated, I can't tell if the car is "peppier" or truly "breathes" better. Frankly, I can't say that it even sounds any different. However, under the hood looks pretty nice.

Regards,

CW

P.S. I confused my stereo speakers with my cold air intakes! It's Dahlback. Not Dahlquist. My bad. Sorry.

Boosted-Bora
February 22nd, 2008, 20:30
Hey wuz up bro (cornerswell) i noticed a considerable performance increase with the intakes in the Hot summer days just feel like they are bringing in cooler air from outside versus the engine bay. Also I love the way they make the turbos sound :hihi:
I would like to meet you some time and hear that Eisemann exhaust I have the Milltek non-resonated on the way right now from the UK I cant wait BTW we have a local meet and greet coming up soon with some of us local guys feel free to come out if you would like.

LINK: http://www.euromodder.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1473

Also here is the link to the intake for you Fonz

http://kmdtuning.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=170

And I would recommend doing the Diverter Valves as well

http://kmdtuning.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=166

CornersWell
February 22nd, 2008, 20:37
Happy to see you guys when (and if) I get back to the area.

Thanks for those links. They look better on the car, though.

I guess I will have to do the diverter valves this year. Perhaps that's the next mod?

CW

LOWR1D3R
February 22nd, 2008, 20:42
This is the lowest i went on KW2 with my ex.

http://jtmedia.kuvat.fi/kuvat/R6/_MG_2145+copy.jpg/medium
http://jtmedia.kuvat.fi/kuvat/R6/_MG_2158+copy.jpg/medium
http://jtmedia.kuvat.fi/kuvat/R6/_MG_2189+copy.jpg/medium
http://jtmedia.kuvat.fi/kuvat/R6/_MG_1951+copy.jpg/medium

Boosted-Bora
February 22nd, 2008, 20:43
Yeah man deff just give me a call anytime on a weekend or something we also usually meet in Rockville in the warmer months and go grab a bit of food and hang out and talk car maybe a few drinks at Fridays.

BTW I say that the diverters are my best mod to date the response of the turbos is so much better with them versus the stock and it seem spool up is much quicker as well. And as you said the intakes look much better in person and the weave on the carbon is phenomenal ill look through my photos and see if I have a better one of the intakes.

Boosted-Bora
February 22nd, 2008, 20:46
This is the lowest i went on KW2 with my ex.

dude that 6 is hot bro i really enjoy it on the Porsche wheels i am actually in the process of getting Porsche Turbo reps and Gallardo wheels for the 6 my self out of curiosity how wide where the wheels in the pics and what offsets? Cause I am about to do 19x9.5 and i dont know if I am going to fair to well

AuditudeA642
February 22nd, 2008, 20:50
dude that 6 is hot bro i really enjoy it on the Porsche wheels i am actually in the process of getting Porsche Turbo reps and Gallardo wheels for the 6 my self out of curiosity how wide where the wheels in the pics and what offsets? Cause I am about to do 19x9.5 and i dont know if I am going to fair to well

he probably had a different width and offset because that black A6 isnt widebody. There are some gunmetal Gallardo wheels available with tires on ebay for 2800 oem. They fit some guy is running 19x11 295 tire on his A6 4.2.

Boosted-Bora
February 22nd, 2008, 20:53
he probably had a different width and offset because that black A6 isnt widebody. There are some gunmetal Gallardo wheels available with tires on ebay for 2800 oem. They fit some guy is running 19x11 295 tire on his A6 4.2.

wow can you link me to those gallardo wheels please and 19x11 :bigeyes: only thing im curious about is how low is he and what width is he in the front?

Also can I fit the 19x11 Gallardo wheels with that offset on the car? I am thinking of just getting 4 fronts

LOWR1D3R
February 22nd, 2008, 21:16
out of curiosity how wide where the wheels in the pics and what offsets?

8,5x18" offset 30 and yes, itīs 2,7bit narrowbody A6.

AuditudeA642
February 22nd, 2008, 21:48
Boosted-Bora I will PM you the link to the wheels. The A6 4.2 is slammed i will try to find a pic of it now and post it up.

AuditudeA642
February 22nd, 2008, 21:50
Your PM is full. here is the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FACTORY-19-Lamborghini-Gallardo-OEM-Wheels-Rims-Tires_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ66483QQihZ001QQit emZ110225761251QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

AuditudeA642
February 22nd, 2008, 21:53
here is the 4.2
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o254/zermatt4kq/01%20A6%20V8/P1040818.jpg

AuditudeA642
February 22nd, 2008, 21:57
The rear gallardo wheels with 55 offset is equal to an 8.5 inch wheels with 35 offset which is stock on an A6 4.2 sow its perfect on an RS6. Your car is beautiful. Love the Avus. If i were you i would consider blacking the car out. With Gunmetal wheels and blackout with the CF front lip the car will look real badass.

Fonzie Audi
February 23rd, 2008, 01:14
Dude that intake looks siick. I'm in South FL - it's hot down here 365 days of the year. I'm gonna do the intake and DV's next for sure.

Drew - any pics of the intake?

Boosted-Bora
February 23rd, 2008, 01:23
I think I have a few either on my car or my buddy's let me take a look on my Hard drive

Boosted-Bora
February 23rd, 2008, 01:32
Neither of these pics are great pics but you get the idea

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b276/boosted-bora/of50590441.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b276/boosted-bora/intakesbestihad.jpg

What'sNext
March 20th, 2008, 19:45

Drew

Can you tell me who did your KW install. Thanks.

Boosted-Bora
March 20th, 2008, 20:37
Drew

Can you tell me who did your KW install. Thanks.

I got them done by NGP Racing in Lorton VA
ask for John and tell him Drew sent you.

www.NGPracing.com

gmbh6
March 21st, 2008, 11:09
Any shop who doesnt know about KW needs to be never dealt with ...

I would have to agree. Even I know about KW and I couldn't change the oil in my car if you paid me too. :stick:

Boosted-Bora
March 21st, 2008, 17:29
I would have to agree. Even I know about KW and I couldn't change the oil in my car if you paid me too. :stick:

:alig: :wo: