PDA

View Full Version : Q7 Hybrid... future looks green

MR USER
February 16th, 2008, 18:45
Hi everyone!

My first post in the Q7 section as far as I remember...

I had few months holiday where I collected a decent number of speeding tickets... all over the world. In April my B7 RS4 will be 2 and with 60k km on the clock is not exactly new...

After coming back from a long wonderful trip in the US from San Francisco to Miami I got several nice letters from various European police departments waiting from me at home...
I guess the database now works! Not to count the appearance to court coming up this month related to a little excess in Arizona.

Well after taking care of all my civil duties I had some food for thought on the above topic.

It is probably time I settle and get under my ass a vehicle that will grant me little satisfaction but also allow space for a cleaner conscience towards the environment and the others.

I think I will bury the of war ax to leave any form of speeding to the circuit where very often I get to race.

I thought of Lexus but that was no longer an option when I realized that the Audi version is soon to come.

To cut to the chase I decided to order the first Audi hybrid available!

Now I know the Q7 is on its way but I fear that the switch is too violent and going from THE SPORT SEDAN to a SUV...well I could get very bored very fast and regret my choice soon to switch again to something radically faster like the RS6... In which I will loose my license for good.

Is there any other Audi Plan for Hybrids? like an A4 size or a R8? Even the body shell of the A6 will do... Just I do not feel old enough for an SUV... I mean no kids and not married in my early 30s... too soon I think.

Any news on what is coming apart from what already posted? I did not see much in terms of hybrid technology in Audi and the salon of Geneva is only weeks away...

By the way... should anyone come why not organizing a wide aperitif at the Audi stand for RS6 users?

chewym
February 17th, 2008, 06:46
Q7 and Q5 are the first Audi hybrids. Audi has shown the A4 hybrid, which would probably be very similar to the Q5 hybrid. The Audi hybrids won't be making all that much less (maybe even more) C02 than their diesels. And the hybrid won't be much cleaner as the European standards (Euro V/VI) aren't as clean as in the US.

Audiphile
February 18th, 2008, 03:15
How about getting both in one package; Q7 V12 TDI. Monster Torque and and still somewhat 'green'. It arrives in Europe very soon.

This was posted on another thread, but this might be of some help to you in terms of timeline:

Auto Motor und Sport did an interview with Audi chief development engineer Michael Dick.

He gave Auto Motor und Sport the correct model release date from today till Feb. 2012...

April
- A3 cabriolet
May
- A4 Avant
- RS6 Avant
June
- A3 (face lift)
- new 2.0l Common Rail engine
July
- TT S
September
- Q5, A6 face lift, Q7 V12 TDI
October
- RS6 sedan
November
- TT TDI
December
- S4 sedan and Avant

January
- Q7 full hybrid

Audiphile
February 18th, 2008, 03:28
Go to this site for a great review of the Q7 Hybrid testing in California:

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Features/article_3543.shtml

Benman
February 19th, 2008, 01:17
I might agree with Richard.. just get a TDI, even the 4.2 would be excellent.

Hybrids are actually worse for the environment as they require more energy to make in the first place. Modern TDIs can run on straight biodiesel, much cleaner than petrol which hybrids need.

And the 4.2TDI is cheaper to boot I believe. :cheers:

Ben:addict: