PDA

View Full Version : A bit more impressed with the RS6

MikeL01
February 16th, 2008, 02:14
Had my first exploit with winter driving in my RS6. A 4 inch snow and the handling, steering and braking was more than I expected. Bubba in his pickup sliding sideways down a two lane road made for an exciting time. The car is absolutely sure-footed. The Germans can certainly build them well. This is my first winter, originally from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pMiami</st1:City>

skiwi
February 16th, 2008, 03:02
just remember the old rule of quattro.

4 x 0 = 0!

DuckWingDuck
February 16th, 2008, 03:05
hehe, very cogent advice skiwi!

AudiRS6JD
February 16th, 2008, 04:09
I had to deal with the snow here in Evansville, IN, since we were affected by the same winter storm as well. I left my A6 outside overnight and it got covered by about 3" of snow and a layer of 3/4" of ice...so off I was in my RS6 for the past week.

The car handles so well on snow that it's almost unbelieveable; with the slightest detection of ice, the computer makes the necessary adjustments so quickly as to save the car in what could potentially be a dire situation. I always get a kick out of passing stranded BMWs and Mercedes as if there's nothing covering the roads during bad snowstorms. :rs6kiss:

CinciRS6
February 16th, 2008, 05:26
I agree the rs6 is a beast in the snow. In Cincinnati we rarely get snow storms, so when we have them, there cleaned up quick. Ever since I got the RS6 I wake up early just to take it out on the fresh snow. My car came stock with some p.o.s all seasons (I cant imagine what it would do with some smaller rims and snow tires). Also I love to tap the gas in an open parking lot and feel that back swing out alitte, or do a couple of 360s all while your in control of the vehicle. I love this car, rain, snow shine.

BLITZEN
February 16th, 2008, 07:14
With a full-size 4x4 Ford Bronco as my other vehicle, and snow storms twice a week here in Utah, I can tell you the RS6 with snow tires can drive circles around any other vehicle in up to 6" of snow, suv's and 4x4's included. The snow tires make all the difference in the world too. I run full size 255x40x18 blizzaks with ESP off.