PDA

View Full Version : How to Tune? help please.

1FST4Dr
February 15th, 2008, 20:23
I just purchased an RS6, and I would like to get a little more out of it. I do plan on up grading my ECU. If I could have some input on what the pro's and con's are bwetween GIAC, and the Revo. Also what other mods are with doing? does anyone make an intake, or do you just drop the K&N's in the boxes and call is a day? Also will I really need to up grade my diverter valves? Do you guy's use boost controllers? What other mods are good to look in to? Is a cat back worth the $? I would appreciate any and all tips and tricks that some of you vet RS6 owners have to give. Thanks for your help.

ben916
February 15th, 2008, 21:39
Search for Revo.

Search for diverter valves.

Search for Dahlback.

Chris1
February 15th, 2008, 21:40
I had my RS6 plus tuned by ZIP tuning ( Utrecht ). 2 days later the check engine light went on ( when I drove the car to Italy ). The reason was PO6O1: Checksum error, which means an error in the program they put in.
They tried to force me to drive the car back to them, which I refused.
I do not want to drive another 3000km to have the problem maybe solved.
I live nearby the airport of Treviso, asked them to sent 1 guy to fix the program.
When the owner of ZIP tuning ( Paul ) started to shout at me on the telephone, I decided to call in my lawyer.
There are still some 300Hp left, maximum speed is about 260km/h.
My advice, stay away from them.:doh:
The first thing my lawyer has to achieve is that they must take away the picture of my car on their website before somebody else gets nailed like me.

peiserg
February 16th, 2008, 16:37
uh, turn your eyeballs upwards about 6 inches. there's an ECU "sticky" at the top of this message board.

gjg
February 17th, 2008, 09:15
I just purchased an RS6, and I would like to get a little more out of it. I do plan on up grading my ECU. If I could have some input on what the pro's and con's are bwetween GIAC, and the Revo. Also what other mods are with doing? does anyone make an intake, or do you just drop the K&N's in the boxes and call is a day? Also will I really need to up grade my diverter valves? Do you guy's use boost controllers? What other mods are good to look in to? Is a cat back worth the $? I would appreciate any and all tips and tricks that some of you vet RS6 owners have to give. Thanks for your help.

I've used MTM, no problems. Get a spare drivers license while you're at it .... :hihi: