PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Vs M5 ams

buyalemon
February 15th, 2008, 16:00
Some quotings from Swedish test!

"In every exit out of corners in second gear, the RS6 does what everyone is talking about, it just disapears. It just disapears" :hahahehe:

"The RS6 disapears away from the M5 in the horizon acting criminally good for a 2,1 ton estate"
:rs6kiss:

"The M5 engine is still the king, turbos can't match the adrenalin of 8250 rpm" :nono:

Cunclusion: "The M5 needs a better gearbox and AWD"
:bow:

Boosted-Bora
February 15th, 2008, 17:57
I have a BMW friend and he swears by the M5 i know its fast but i told him wait till the compairisons start between the 2 and i know the rs6 is just going to walk away

jonas21
February 15th, 2008, 18:01
I have a BMW friend and he swears by the M5 i know its fast but i told him wait till the compairisons start between the 2 and i know the rs6 is just going to walk away

yep for sure....and just wait till we see the first chips pop up....

Boosted-Bora
February 15th, 2008, 18:27
yep for sure....and just wait till we see the first chips pop up....

Oh I know susposedly rumor has it that MTM has been develping a chip that will take the car to near 700bhp and tq

[M3noDRFT]
February 15th, 2008, 18:28

Whatsup! I'm the friend that swears by BMW, and Drew- as you said...this is ONE test, correct? And which M5/RS6 combo are we speaking about, C5-C6?? E39, E60? Someone clearify.

Some quotings from Swedish test!

"In every exit out of corners in second gear, the RS6 does what everyone is talking about, it just disapears. It just disapears" :hahahehe:

"The RS6 disapears away from the M5 in the horizon acting criminally good for a 2,1 ton estate"
:rs6kiss:

"The M5 engine is still the king, turbos can't match the adrenalin of 8250 rpm" :nono:

Cunclusion: "The M5 needs a better gearbox and AWD"

One thing, I've never KNOCKED the RS6 but its claim for a high speed STRIGHTLINE car is all that I'll give it. I've seen numerous videos the RS6 beating the M5 (C5 v E39), although I've seen videos of M5s staying next to the cars. People who make videos maybe can't drive? Maybe the weather isn't to the RS6s standards...who knows! The RS6 is more torquey, and "faster"- and one hell of a car. But, BMWs are made to be curvey monsters. ..I mean I'm just curious to know, what happened to your B7 RS4 when the E92 M3 came out? Ok. Just as Big Drew above- Coils are NECCESARY to match an M5's Athleticism via the curves. That its about. You wanna race a car straight line? Ok, then do the American thing as I said. RS cars are supposed to be a suttle mix of AMG & ///M, not SRT & the Z branded Chevies.

Friendly argument, and happy to be on this forum- I've seen some pretty cars on this website.. :cheers:

Leadfoot
February 15th, 2008, 18:53
I would love to voice my opinion on this debate that might turn out to be the closest in reality.

The RS6 will be little or no quicker in a setup airfield rolling start acceleration race and this is because you have lost any advantage of awd plus it's auto can't shift as quick as the M5's SMG and it's only got 6gears instead of the M5's 7speeds (tighter stacked for best acceleration). But when things move from the airfield to the road the RS6 will simply walk away into the distance because of the advantage it will have putting all of it's power to the surface, especially coming out of corners, no doubt it's extra weight will be a burden going into the corner and on this the M5 will be able to steal back some of those lost yards but it's can't put all of it's 507ps to the surface anything like the RS6 can and it's got even more of it.

So while we will see videos from the likes of M6BOARD.COM showing the M5 is indeed the match for the RS6 in outright acceleration from a 50km/h rolling start, the reality is that this is the only area where their overall performances will match.

P.S.
The M5 will also have better directional change and will feel a lot more nimble but it's no longer the king of the road.

Sorry [M3noDRFT] for this reality check.:cheers:

Boosted-Bora
February 15th, 2008, 20:18
I agree with leadie on this and i think it is well stated that without a doubt the m5 will be equal from a roll just as me and [m3nodrft] are but off the line and on the road the m5 will have no chance.

[M3noDRFT]
February 15th, 2008, 21:00
I agree with leadie on this and i think it is well stated that without a doubt the m5 will be equal from a roll just as me and [m3nodrft] are but off the line and on the road the m5 will have no chance.

I never doubted that the RS6 is an overfall faster car on the road. All I'm stating is through a series of curves, The M5 will prevail. This is atleast what I think. I KNOW the new RS6 is faster than the M5, NO doubt. My point is, that the M5 is a better handling car, just because of the fact it is nimble. I'm saying, the claim to fame is that the RS6 is 'faster', but my point is who cares? Yes it is a family sedan/avant which you can have your kids in, and beat a SRT 10 Viper. Amazing, but then...what happens when your racing a car through the twisties? The C5 RS6 personally isn't the best handling car, it pulls through turns due to the fact it does have Quattro- other than that...I don't think it attacks curves as it should, body roll and too soft of a suspension. This is what I'm reffering to, I doubt they stiffened up the new one just due to the fact they still wanted to retain a luxury style ride quality (E55 esque). Of course it will have more of a sportier ride than any A6, thats just obvious. Perhaps if the C6 was as stiff as the RS4, then the M5 would be completley SOL. For a four year old car, it still hangs.

Although, C6 RS6 on coils= :bow:

Leadfoot
February 15th, 2008, 21:20
The new RS6 will still roll slightly as most cars do but it's a vast improvement to that of the old RS6 and should be pretty close to the M5 in both slalom and lateral grip, the latter it might even edge ahead. But like I said you will have to enter the corner slightly slower than the M5 due to the extra frontal weight.

Another secret in the arsenal of the RS6 is the gearbox, this is a brilliant automatic and is much better than the SMG in the M5. When BMW finally fit it's version of the DSG then the M5 may be a transformed car but in present form it's not the best example of 'M///' ness.

IhateRWD
February 15th, 2008, 22:10
why don't you want some real tests with acceleration number and latteral grip, dyno's and so and speculate something that you even don't know a thing about. did any of you drove the car?i thought so... wait for the test and banned stupid idiots who speculate against RS6, the reality will be much much sweeter than anybody thougt ever.

Boosted-Bora
February 15th, 2008, 22:27
all i can say is we will see and unless the rs6 comes to the states my argument is null in void as the m5 will still be the king of the road (here at least):doh: :noshake: :cry:

[M3noDRFT]
February 15th, 2008, 22:44
why don't you want some real tests with acceleration number and latteral grip, dyno's and so and speculate something that you even don't know a thing about. did any of you drove the car?i thought so... wait for the test and banned stupid idiots who speculate against RS6, the reality will be much much sweeter than anybody thougt ever.

Wow calm down. No need to catch feelings over a piece of metal and four wheels. Its a forum, and a friendly argument.

"Sweeter than anybody thought ever". What a biased opinion haha! How can you sit here and ask me if I've ever driven an RS6 and then say its sweeter then any thing ever. Have you driven the RS6? I thought so.

Leadfoot
February 15th, 2008, 22:48

Am I the only one here struggling to understand what SuperStar is talking about since he returned, not that it was that understandable before he was banned.

As the man would say 'WTF' :confused:

[M3noDRFT]
February 15th, 2008, 22:51
The new RS6 will still roll slightly as most cars do but it's a vast improvement to that of the old RS6 and should be pretty close to the M5 in both slalom and lateral grip, the latter it might even edge ahead. But like I said you will have to enter the corner slightly slower than the M5 due to the extra frontal weight.

Another secret in the arsenal of the RS6 is the gearbox, this is a brilliant automatic and is much better than the SMG in the M5. When BMW finally fit it's version of the DSG then the M5 may be a transformed car but in present form it's not the best example of 'M///' ness.

Audi's DSG is amazing, I'll admit that. SMG I & II suck IMO. SMG isn't fun to me. Thats another thing about the RS6- its automatic :noshake: . That is so annoying, I understand there is specific reasoning why it is automatic, but God, oh so boring. ///M is creating DCT in the E92 M3 just because SMG was pretty clunky & IMO not efficient. Yes faster than manual- but nothing beats making your own mistakes :lovl:

Leadfoot
February 15th, 2008, 23:36
Yes, DSG is amazing and from the info being leaked it looks like the future 7sp version will be even better. I think DSG and the equivalent are the future of both automatic and manual gearboxes, well at least until something new springs up to take the crown. ;)

skiwi
February 16th, 2008, 02:50
;123149']I never doubted that the RS6 is an overfall faster car on the road. All I'm stating is through a series of curves, The M5 will prevail. This is atleast what I think.

this is not what chris harris for autocar (uk) found in the latest issue pitting the rs6 against the m5. he states that, on a dry and twisty road, the rs6 is unbeatable. the test is posted on this board.

cornishmoocher
February 16th, 2008, 05:30
I think that this Has certainly proved one thing, your either a beemerman or an Audiman, you can appreciate fantastic engineering on both sides, but you dont want to be beaten by the other!

I suppose we must wait for the definitive "TOP GEAR TEST" to take place and let the mighty Stig loose on it!

Me. I am sittin on the fence... Looking at my RS6 :D :D :D

Bingocaller
February 16th, 2008, 16:57
How does it stack up against the E63?

[M3noDRFT]
February 16th, 2008, 17:44
Yes, DSG is amazing and from the info being leaked it looks like the future 7sp version will be even better. I think DSG and the equivalent are the future of both automatic and manual gearboxes, well at least until something new springs up to take the crown. ;)

I still don't think I've ridden in a DSG car- unless the B6 Passat is DSG- then I have. But, I've HEARD a DSG GTi shift, and it sounds like fkin F1. I can't wait till DCT, although there is no other way to go then Manual- aka my M3 :revs:

artur777
February 16th, 2008, 17:49
E63 AMG is slower than M5 both in the straight after 100mph and in the twisties due to is too handling and suspension

RS6 wil be faster
My question then: will RS6 Saloon be faster than RS6 Avant? or not?

In one way - yes, because it's lighter.
In other way - no, because it will have even more frontal weight and it will be even more spoiling while cornering.

[M3noDRFT]
February 16th, 2008, 17:51
I think that this Has certainly proved one thing, your either a beemerman or an Audiman, you can appreciate fantastic engineering on both sides, but you dont want to be beaten by the other!

I suppose we must wait for the definitive "TOP GEAR TEST" to take place and let the mighty Stig loose on it!

Me. I am sittin on the fence... Looking at my RS6 :D :D :D

As I am sitting with the top down in my M3. lol- yeah yeah your faster, and yeah perhaps more status. But nice cars nonetheless!!!! We're :alig:

Boosted-Bora
February 16th, 2008, 18:31
i believe as the moocher has said we must wait for the definitive answer from Top Gear

[M3noDRFT]
February 16th, 2008, 18:32
^ True, but your the VERY person said the Stig can't drive. :confused:

Boosted-Bora
February 16th, 2008, 19:06
personally i think that the stig is a different person almost every time because his performance is inconsistent and his height looks to change.... :hihi:

[M3noDRFT]
February 16th, 2008, 19:18
lol I agree!

Rutkowsky
February 16th, 2008, 20:08
;123162']Audi's DSG is amazing, I'll admit that. SMG I & II suck IMO. SMG isn't fun to me. Thats another thing about the RS6- its automatic :noshake: . That is so annoying, I understand there is specific reasoning why it is automatic, but God, oh so boring. ///M is creating DCT in the E92 M3 just because SMG was pretty clunky & IMO not efficient. Yes faster than manual- but nothing beats making your own mistakes :lovl:

SMG I was experimental, SMG II is awesome!! I've had my e46 M3 SMG for well over a year now and not a problem! Track work is a dream and launch control a lot of fun! I think that when you are manual you are manual guy and nothing else will do. My opinion is very different and the only car i'd consider manual is new M3 - Clutch is very soft and nicely weighted and an awesome car in general.

DuckWingDuck
February 16th, 2008, 22:32
Supposedly according to Clarkson, there used to be a couple different Stigs but for the past few series it's been just the one guy.

Leadfoot
February 16th, 2008, 22:53
Supposedly according to Clarkson, there used to be a couple different Stigs but for the past few series it's been just the one guy.

I can tell you for a fact that there is quite a few Stigs as I know one of them. ;)

These are not has-been pro racing drivers but current professionals from all forms of motorsport (Endurance, F1, touring cars etc.), this is not to say that one or two do most of the work but there are invites out to other professionals. The guy I know did it for a showing in the autumn of last year, didn't hear what he got to drive.

P.S.
This guy races endurance LeMans series.

[M3noDRFT]
February 16th, 2008, 22:58
Are you serious ^^^^^!!!

Leadfoot
February 16th, 2008, 23:05
;123285']Are you serious ^^^^^!!!

Yeah, why does this surprise you.

Think about it, these guys have a pretty full calender so doing the show over 2+months would be a no go for all most all professionals so the easy answer is to invite ones to do a show here and maybe another some time later when they can. Most class it as an honour.

Remember is the high standard these guys are at there is no problem for anyone of them matching the best time capable of a road car.

DuckWingDuck
February 16th, 2008, 23:08
Leadie, good looks on the tip, time to go impress fly womens with that new found knowledge!

IhateRWD
February 17th, 2008, 11:11
yes mr. bmw i drived the old RS6 and i know how it handlles and what performance had but this ONE it's new, new platform, new engine, new special turbo's, new traction...it's not even 10% like the old one so shut up for a second and be patient to see the real people from AMS,AUTOBILD,etc to test it right and then you will see the M5 is eaten at breakfast... i hate people who "think they know everything even the future". are you Nostradamus?

Rutkowsky
February 17th, 2008, 11:42
yes mr. bmw i drived the old RS6 and i know how it handlles and what performance had but this ONE it's new, new platform, new engine, new special turbo's, new traction...it's not even 10% like the old one so shut up for a second and be patient to see the real people from AMS,AUTOBILD,etc to test it right and then you will see the M5 is eaten at breakfast... i hate people who "think they know everything even the future". are you Nostradamus?

:vhmmm: My inline 6 got 'raped' by V10 M5 recently @ highway speeds so comparing V10 vs V10, one cannot say "the M5 is eaten at breakfast..." Those machines are very close in performance. But how come you know so much about M brand? Its not as if you ever had one M car! To truly get to know the brand you need more than just a test drive! You don't even drive RS (ever had) and yet you are soo willing to shout opinions :doh:

cornishmoocher
February 17th, 2008, 12:50
Opinions are ones own thoughts, convictions, even feelings, everyone is entitled to them but as such should never be forced upon anyone, they are great topics of lively discussions, and often solve many problems, but sometimes lead to heated rivalry, even arguments. They should never lead to insults...............And thats my opinion!! :D

itisme
February 17th, 2008, 13:49
well said....

and RS6 will set a new benchmark :rs6kiss:

IhateRWD
February 17th, 2008, 14:03
like "itisme" sayd:RS6 WILL SET THE NEW BENCHMARK like old RS6 vs old M5 did and so on...i don't give a s....t to oversteering, that's not fun, for me the only thing that matters in 90% is acceleration...acceleration,corners speed,drag race 0-400 and so on, etc. The real sensation is when you push the trottle at the middle of the curve in an RS, you almost piss on you when the car pushes and pushes and pushes not even closer to an M where an M is eaten in the corners speed and stability. I saw how the new M3 and M5 are taking of from standstard and it was unbeleavable that the car smashed the back tires and twisted the shassy left to right...that's not fun, that's idiocy and unefficiency, but well that's me...i need speed with the highest stability i can get, that's a real sportscar!

cornishmoocher
February 17th, 2008, 14:16
like "itisme" sayd:RS6 WILL SET THE NEW BENCHMARK like old RS6 vs old M5 did and so on...i don't give a s....t to oversteering, that's not fun, for me the only thing that matters in 90% is acceleration...acceleration,corners speed,drag race 0-400 and so on, etc. The real sensation is when you push the trottle at the middle of the curve in an RS, you almost piss on you when the car pushes and pushes and pushes not even closer to an M where an M is eaten in the corners speed and stability. I saw how the new M3 and M5 are taking of from standstard and it was unbeleavable that the car smashed the back tires and twisted the shassy left to right...that's not fun, that's idiocy and unefficiency, but well that's me...i need speed with the highest stability i can get, that's a real sportscar!

Perhaps you should try a rear wheel drive Lotus Exige. If you want to know what cornering/speed is about, and something that will P*ss over anything bar a F1 car in the twisty bits. But it only has two seats.....

I know about these- I have raced them- on the track- bog standard cars- no tweeks.

mdk
February 17th, 2008, 14:19
cornishmoocher nicely said (in both posts) :thumb: <script type="text/javascript">vbmenu_register("postmenu_123318", true); </script>

KresoF1
February 17th, 2008, 14:19
The real sensation is when you push the trottle at the middle of the curve in an RS, you almost piss on you when the car pushes and pushes and pushes not even closer to an M where an M is eaten in the corners speed and stability.

...and you get a tons of understeer. Sorry SS, that's a fact. Try to push the throttle all the way in middle of the corner in RS4 and see what will happened. If tarmac is dry you will get understeer and if you back up from the throttle rear end will become alive. Rally style...

You said you hate oversteer? Ok, then R8 is for sure not for you since in ESP Sport mode and with ESP off you will get oversteer on the limit! And R8 is one of the most balanced TRUE sportscars on the market. R8 is IMHO the ONLY REAL sportscar in current Audi model line. New RS6 is simply said not a sportscar.

I love Audi's as well and I have R8 on order but, your opinion is subjective as possible and your attitude is really nasty...

cornishmoocher
February 17th, 2008, 14:43
cornishmoocher nicely said (in both posts) :thumb:<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>vbmenu_register("postmenu_123318", true); </SCRIPT>

Thanks man.

Manners maketh man........

Rutkowsky
February 17th, 2008, 15:13

:vhmmm:
Superstardriver, you've just told me that possibly a friend of yours has some RS and gave you a ride and since you don't have a high performance car and normally are used to something old and very slow then no wonder you'll be telling us stories of never ending mid corner grip :hihi: Have you ever had a ride in any late M car, driven by an experienced driver?

Rutkowsky
February 17th, 2008, 15:28
Opinions are ones own thoughts, convictions, even feelings, everyone is entitled to them but as such should never be forced upon anyone, they are great topics of lively discussions, and often solve many problems, but sometimes lead to heated rivalry, even arguments. They should never lead to insults...............And thats my opinion!! :D

His opinion is based on few YouTube video clips and a couple of rides in his friend RS. This is my opinion :hihi:

buzz
February 17th, 2008, 16:45
E63 AMG is slower than M5 both in the straight after 100mph and in the twisties due to is too handling and suspension

RS6 wil be faster
My question then: will RS6 Saloon be faster than RS6 Avant? or not?

In one way - yes, because it's lighter.
In other way - no, because it will have even more frontal weight and it will be even more spoiling while cornering.

I tend to have a different opinion, the E63 is faster to 100 than both the BMW M5 and the current RS6 and test results show that. I had an RS6 and will be getting the new sedan once out. the issue with Both the E63 and M5 is how these cars deploy power on the street. I used to feel so sure footed with the RS6 which I seriously lack in the E63, I cannot floor it out of a corner because I get a lot of power spin and it seems that the ESP is always working hard to keep things in control. the straight line acceleration is breathtaking and feels a lot faster than in my prviuos audi though mine was chiped by Sportec. From my experience and as a previous owner, The Audi Quattro is far better on the street than both the bimmer and the benz and wouldn' t think twice about getting :rs6kiss: as a daily driver.

Buzz:addict:

IhateRWD
February 17th, 2008, 17:29
R8 is the best car you can get for a driver dynamic feeling in this world and as TG said:"When Audi is building something everybody else just get out of the border...". My favourite car is R8 because of the balance and the oversteering fell without the limiter IS VERY PRECISE vs stupid over and oversteering feel in an M. I drive a few hundred miles M5 (not the new facelift with LED etc), and felt not quite fast and sharp as was the old RS6 and of course the RS4. I don't give a s....t to eveyrone who bla bla on me about what i drive daily or from friends... that's not your bussiness. I like well balanced cars without throwing at me in the corners, not because i can't drive (cause i can), but i always have a need to see the limits of a cars without periclitate my life in a stupid always oversteering BMW. i would prefer an IS-F everyday insted of an M3...and i definitively would not prefer an M5 over an much much better RS6 TT V10 which is way more faster, you will se what i am talking about here. Glad to here that someone of you bought the new RS6 Avant, i'm happy for you all. It will come the time to have an Audi S/RS or an standard fast Audi and then someone who laughted about me should close his mouth...RS6 IS THE KING:)

Ruergard
February 17th, 2008, 18:47
I've just read the test and what I could understand. On a normal road the RS6 is the beast, no matter what. With that constant power and Quattro for traction... Well, I know where I drive the most and which car I'd take home... :bow:

Rutkowsky
February 17th, 2008, 18:53
FFS, I'm not laughing that someone can't afford high performance car! Only The style of your posts irritates me, that's all. I also remember that about a year ago you wrote, you would have RS4 very very soon or something like that.. Also those comments about e60 M5 being not as sharp as RS6.. you just cannot be serious!! :jlol: How disillusioned are you?!? :hihi:
Don't get me wrong - but once you buy some RS maybe then we can have a meaningful conversation (but what are the odds of that happening, considering someone with such attitude)

[M3noDRFT]
February 17th, 2008, 18:55

First, lets start off with the fact your a complete Douche Bag. Second, the car in your avatar is hidious. Just some personal thoughts. :dance:

Now, back to whats important- you've driven the old RS6? I'm assuming you cannot read or comprehend English script for that matter- "Boosted-Bora" is my bestfriend. I drive his RS6 ALL THE TIME. So if anything, I have more experience with RS cars than you have. You have NO clue how the new RS6 even feels. You've probably never even sat in a new A6, so please. My 2002 M3, a SIX YEAR OLD CONVERTIBLE is completley stable at a 175 MPH. Its RWD for a reason- why? No understeer- the cars are built for oversteer fanatics. Once again, your failing to realize my proposition that the new RS6 isn't slower...or less of a car than the new M5. If you scroll up, or to the last page you can clearly see where I said it WILL be faster, it will be more of a vehicle. Your making seem as if the M cars are a mistake- because why they are RWD? Such ignorance, then your making it seem as if they are unstable cars? We're talking about BMW & Audi- not your 94' Civic.

Rutkowsky
February 17th, 2008, 19:09
;123353']First, lets start off with the fact your a complete Douche Bag. Second, the car in your avatar is hidious. Just some personal thoughts. :dance:

Now, back to whats important- you've driven the old RS6? I'm assuming you cannot read or comprehend English script for that matter- "Boosted-Bora" is my bestfriend. I drive his RS6 ALL THE TIME. So if anything, I have more experience with RS cars than you have. You have NO clue how the new RS6 even feels. You've probably never even sat in a new A6, so please. My 2002 M3, a SIX YEAR OLD CONVERTIBLE is completley stable at a 175 MPH. Its RWD for a reason- why? No understeer- the cars are built for oversteer fanatics. Once again, your failing to realize my proposition that the new RS6 isn't slower...or less of a car than the new M5. If you scroll up, or to the last page you can clearly see where I said it WILL be faster, it will be more of a vehicle. Your making seem as if the M cars are a mistake- because why they are RWD? Such ignorance, then your making it seem as if they are unstable cars? We're talking about BMW & Audi- not your 94' Civic.

I give up talking and repling to that guy anyway (ihaterwd aka superstardriver) no point

cornishmoocher
February 17th, 2008, 19:17
I give up talking and repling to that guy anyway (ihaterwd aka superstardriver) no point

Cornishmoocher has gon moochin! :race:

See all you reasonable guys (BMW OR AUDI) in another (uncorrupted by ignorance)thread.

IhateRWD
February 17th, 2008, 19:34
if "all supercars and sporstcars are RWD" why GTR, 911 Turbo,LP640,RS4,R8,RS6,Veyron,old Skyline,etc are so much sportier, faster and much abble to take corners at very high speed vs RWD cars?Why? Cause RWD is faster?Where did you come from?!Are you living in a very dry place where's no rain and snow in the year?I'm currious... Why hundreds of tuners are not abble to humiliate the 4WD Veyron?They putt power but where?RWD?That's a very shame traction... FWD and 4WD are the best tractions in the world, even on snow, wet,ice and of course dry roads, because you can't do nothing when an RWD takes of the back end of the car and slide with no control even by resteering in the oposite sens. You are best ignorant for saying that RWD is better, this is a forum where 90% of the people drive an 4WD Quattro so you tell to them that RWD can "match" an Torsen?Get real and test some more cars before you say something like that. And by the way, i allready said why i cancelled my RS4 Cabrio due to anulating some bussiness, but that's not your concern to tell me that i don't have a match to your old an snoogy M3. I will soon and that's only my interest. And the other thing:you ignorant why i knew what power and performance figures has the RS6 Avant with almost an year shorter time?"Because i never sit in an A6 and never drived an RS6?"Be real...i have friends for that and all respect what Quattro can do!

Boosted-Bora
February 17th, 2008, 19:56
I believe this thread has gone in the wrong direction please :lock: this and lets get on with this Erik please set in here.

Cheers,Drew

[M3noDRFT]
February 17th, 2008, 20:01
Why haven't been able to sht on the Veyron? Hmm, simply because it has FOUR TURBOS AND A W16? Your a complete moron, I don't think you realize that. Btw, I've DESTROYED S4S and a couple of RS4S on 495 through curves- so please, snoogy M3? If your speaking about rain & snow- ok, well thats a weather condition- a changing variable. You act as if RWD cars don't move when there is a spilled cup of water on the road. You are compleltey ignorant. Why is the Ferrari Enzo RWD instead of AWD? Tell me. Front wheel drive and all wheel drive cars provide persay MORE GRIP...meaning the tires are less likely to lose it during a spirited drive, where as RWD are easier turn in cars. Keep in mind buddy, the Skyline is an amazing car- NOT A SUPER CAR. Perhaps the new GTR- not the 34, 33 etc...

Why are 99.9% of Lemans cars RWD? Are they doing something wrong?? You are biased, because your always going to lean towards Audis. Ok good for you Audi is a great company, you just have to think both ways- not just in a thinking path of how ONE company does it. Btw, don't talk about Snoogy M3s when your walking to work everyday..:nono:

Get your RS4. Then we'll talk.

Ruergard
February 17th, 2008, 20:12
About Lemans and DTM and that kind of racing, AWD is banned. Guess which manufacturer who made that happen? ;)

[M3noDRFT]
February 17th, 2008, 20:14
About Lemans and DTM and that kind of racing, AWD is banned. Guess which manufacturer who made that happen? ;)

haha, I did realize that right after I posted. Doesn't matter, once again though- RWD cars do not handle bad. For instance, RWD Porsches? :incar:

Rutkowsky
February 17th, 2008, 21:46
And How come 997 GT3 is such a brilliant car

mdk
February 17th, 2008, 21:53
IMHO it takes two (or more) for a thread to go bad.

Phage
February 17th, 2008, 22:23
The perfect car would have 100% variable AWD. All drivetrains have their pro's and their cons.

Though the thing i'd want to see is audi going back to rallying. Now that would be a challenge!

IhateRWD
February 17th, 2008, 22:57
hello ruergard you've just taked my words from my mouth:AWD was banned because AUDI ALWAYS WIN moroun. you don't even think what are you saying there. An 4WD is more precise, more cirurgical machine, more perfect to drive and feel speed, that's why 4WD is superior to RWD. The new GTR is such a good car BECAUSE OF THE 4WD which puts 475HP to the wheel. What M car does that?M5/M6?Yeahhh right... i have one little more thing to say taken from the test of the new RS6 by Autocar:"M5 if you want to beat the RS6 get 2 turbo's and an 4WD shassy":harass: :rs6kiss:
Excuse me, i forgot the test of last year i think where Topgear in front of JK tested M6 vs Aston DB7 (i think) vs Porsche 911...and was like this:M6=507HP, DB7=380HP,911=360HP aproximately (don't remember acurately) and the winner was Porsche on the Island of Men...and second Aston and 3rd BMW...and the end JK said why the most powerfull car of this 3 cars is the worst?Where did that power go?Spinning and spinning...

Ruergard
February 18th, 2008, 07:56
;123366']haha, I did realize that right after I posted. Doesn't matter, once again though- RWD cars do not handle bad. For instance, RWD Porsches? :incar:

They have the engine in the back (alright, at least the 911's.. ;)) which helps the traction... Nah, I'm just playing silly!:harass:

But for a car that I drive everyday, I love AWD. That secure feeling of always having grip and the car just goes, whatever the conditions when putting down the pedal.

But we all are different, thanks for that! Some like RWD, others like AWD. I like both and wouldn't mind at all owning a M5. Superb car, but... the RS6 suits me better.

I think it's time for a moderator to clean up this thread.

Leadfoot
February 18th, 2008, 11:49
Best ignore IhateRWD's comments as they bear no relevance to the discuss in hand, EVER.

Guys, best disregard his comments and stop wasting time replying, the average keyboard's life span is too short.

IhateRWD
February 18th, 2008, 12:40
i was talking about RS6 vs M5 and that's the relevancy of this thread.

Rutkowsky
February 18th, 2008, 19:33
One question i'd have is - how Avant and sedan compare in handling department? The other day i had S6 avant in front of me and did i like the stance?! Awesome, i can't imagine what RS6 is like, can't wait to test drive it and own it :jlol:

AuditudeA642
February 18th, 2008, 19:43
The C6 RS6 will blow the doors off the E60 M5. A C5 RS6 with a chip and full exhaust will walk from an E60 M5 all day so what makes you think the C6 RS6 wont.

E60 M5 HP/TQ 507/383
C5 Chipped RS6 550/540
C6 RS6 580/483

Rutkowsky
February 18th, 2008, 19:51
C5 RS6 with chip, exhaust and jet fuel maybe :hihi: Jesus Christ where people get this ideas from?!? :confused:

AuditudeA642
February 18th, 2008, 21:13
C5 RS6 with chip, exhaust and jet fuel maybe :hihi: Jesus Christ where people get this ideas from?!? :confused:

check out the stats before you speak. There are two different chipped RS6's on the forum running 12.2 in the quarter mile and 0-60 in about 4.1 or 4.2 seconds. Granted maybe after 120mph the M5 will pull away the race is over by then. Here is a vid of a chipped RS6 on 100 octane. Having driven a chipped RS6 and a stock M5 the RS6 felt faster, SMG shifted faster but the RS6 just pulled harder. The best time i have seen for a stock M5 is 12.60 and the average is 12.90. The C5 RS6 is still a beast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDBUVkppItc

AudiTumbo
February 18th, 2008, 21:21
Pictures:
http://automotorsport.se/bigpix/2008/Audi_RS6_BMW_M5_big.jpg
http://automotorsport.se/bigpix/2008/Audi_RS6_BMW_M5_rearspeed_big.jpg

Rutkowsky
February 18th, 2008, 21:41
Beautiful pictures, where did you find them?

Rutkowsky
February 18th, 2008, 21:44
check out the stats before you speak. There are two different chipped RS6's on the forum running 12.2 in the quarter mile and 0-60 in about 4.1 or 4.2 seconds. Granted maybe after 120mph the M5 will pull away the race is over by then. Here is a vid of a chipped RS6 on 100 octane. Having driven a chipped RS6 and a stock M5 the RS6 felt faster, SMG shifted faster but the RS6 just pulled harder. The best time i have seen for a stock M5 is 12.60 and the average is 12.90. The C5 RS6 is still a beast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDBUVkppItc

Shall i post a video clip of a tuned Kelleners M5?

AuditudeA642
February 18th, 2008, 21:52
i wasnt talking about a tuned M5, im talking about a chipped RS6 vs. an M5. A chipped RS6 is faster whether you like it or not. The same way a Stage 2 335i can hold its own against an RS4, a stage 1 RS6 can hold its own against an M5. Case closed.

Rutkowsky
February 18th, 2008, 22:11
I never got a chance to chip RS6, as i didn't have it long enough. I am sure a chipped RS6 would give e60 M5 a run for its money up to certain (high) speeds but on an all out acceleration, i'd bet my money on M5. But i know what you mean :cheers:

gjg
February 18th, 2008, 22:24
i wasnt talking about a tuned M5, im talking about a chipped RS6 vs. an M5. A chipped RS6 is faster whether you like it or not. The same way a Stage 2 335i can hold its own against an RS4, a stage 1 RS6 can hold its own against an M5. Case closed.

I can testify to that one ... several times ..... :jlol:

got some really pissed of M5 drivers out there ... really pissed ... :doh:

artur777
February 18th, 2008, 23:06
People,

Stage 2 M5 from Currency Motors or G-Power will eat for breakfast any stage C5 and C6 RS6 with it's 0-200 time about 11.5 and maximum speed of 360 km/h

So, let's compare stock - it seemd to be reasonable

I am waiting to see RS6 Sedan figures against M5 one.
Can anybody tell us something about C5 RS6 Sedan vs C5 RS6 Avant handling and cornering abilities?

Leadfoot
February 18th, 2008, 23:20
People,

Stage 2 M5 from Currency Motors or G-Power will eat for breakfast any stage C5 and C6 RS6 with it's 0-200 time about 11.5 and maximum speed of 360 km/h

So, let's compare stock - it seemd to be reasonable

I agree, comparing one tuned car with another is plain silly, for a start reliability goes out the window. As for stock vs stock, in an out-right acceleration race there wouldn't be that much in it, though I still reckon the RS6 will hold a slight advantage up to, says 150mph at which point the M5 will pull ahead.

If that's what floats your boat and you want to say you have the quickest car then by all means the M5 is the car you want, but in the real world the RS6 will tear it apart, bit by bit on any road you care to try it on.

You see bragging right are for down at the pub with the boys.

audi_ch
February 19th, 2008, 10:23
The C6 RS6 will blow the doors off the E60 M5. A C5 RS6 with a chip and full exhaust will walk from an E60 M5 all day so what makes you think the C6 RS6 wont.

E60 M5 HP/TQ 507/383
C5 Chipped RS6 550/540
C6 RS6 580/483

Nop, mtm rs6 600 breakhorspower, 650 newten meter, didnt walk away from m5, it was the m5 wich went over at 200 kmh.

IhateRWD
February 19th, 2008, 12:04
as Autobild tested the M5 G-power and other 700HP tuned M5 was not even close to 360km/h...more than 325km/h wouldn't go on Nardo High Speed test, where they've tested a lot of cars and as i knew before M Power and his tuners are all liers to get new clients because are loosing in front of AMG and Quattro cars. Search Autobild Nardo and you will se that i am right..an 730HP M5 TT doing only 325 vs 360 (as they said) that's patetic. And about he new RS6:with only new full exaust and great MTM or ABT chipped software it will get 680-700HP and little more modifications it can get to 750-800HP... new RS6 is a beast, is the best Quattro power can get to this world. You don't even think what is capable the new RS6. I will desperate waiting to drive it this year as all the forum need that. RS6 ROCK THE STREET!:rs6kiss:

Leadfoot
February 19th, 2008, 12:31
Nop, mtm rs6 600 breakhorspower, 650 newten meter, didnt walk away from m5, it was the m5 wich went over at 200 kmh.

It's all down to where in the rev range that this RS6 produces it's torque and power figures. Both figures may sound stronger than they really are if say the peak power is at 6000rpm and peak torque tops out at below 5000rpm. It's a funny thing but even if these figure are bigger than the M5, the very fact that the M5 peaks much higher things levels out between the two.

It's that magic point where torque and power match which is 5252 rpm, if peak torque is below this point then the norm is for the torque to fall more rapidly then an engine which produces it peak torque above this point. So while that MTM RS6 will feel quicker and stronger, the reality is the opposite.

This is another reason why the new RS6 is the real deal, it's peak torque continues above this point and it's peak power plateaus at 6250rpm and holds this for another 500rpm. This is another killer engine in the same way as the old RS4 Bi-turbo was.

IhateRWD
February 19th, 2008, 16:40
exactly, you said everything that needed to say. i always was an oem fan and only after that an tuner fan, but on RS6 is amazing how good this new car can be. i don't even imagine what will do the RS6 saloon this year, lower weight, better aerodynamic,better distribution to the axle and of course better looking. i will never be a fan of avant's but i love them just don't buy them. even for 20 years in the future i will not buy an avant. just doesn't fit my driving and my eyes, too long for me. i was very suprized by the new engine of RS6 and when i saw those torque numbers i freezed and think...well...this year V10 of the year will be...V10 TT RS6...i have this premonition, do you guys?:D

audi_ch
February 19th, 2008, 17:14
It's all down to where in the rev range that this RS6 produces it's torque and power figures. Both figures may sound stronger than they really are if say the peak power is at 6000rpm and peak torque tops out at below 5000rpm. It's a funny thing but even if these figure are bigger than the M5, the very fact that the M5 peaks much higher things levels out between the two.

It's that magic point where torque and power match which is 5252 rpm, if peak torque is below this point then the norm is for the torque to fall more rapidly then an engine which produces it peak torque above this point. So while that MTM RS6 will feel quicker and stronger, the reality is the opposite.

This is another reason why the new RS6 is the real deal, it's peak torque continues above this point and it's peak power plateaus at 6250rpm and holds this for another 500rpm. This is another killer engine in the same way as the old RS4 Bi-turbo was.

never said something else, but there were rumors in this board that a simple tuned old rs6 walks away from the m5 (new one). And i just lived the opposite.

And i think if mtm is not able to do it with there well tunned old rs6, so many others will have probleme to creat an old rs6 witch walks away from the m5.

But anyway this topics goes in a strange way, was not the initial start to compare c6 rs6 vs m5, and not some older tuned models.

[M3noDRFT]
February 20th, 2008, 19:50
as Autobild tested the M5 G-power and other 700HP tuned M5 was not even close to 360km/h...more than 325km/h wouldn't go on Nardo High Speed test, where they've tested a lot of cars and as i knew before M Power and his tuners are all liers to get new clients because are loosing in front of AMG and Quattro cars. Search Autobild Nardo and you will se that i am right..an 730HP M5 TT doing only 325 vs 360 (as they said) that's patetic. And about he new RS6:with only new full exaust and great MTM or ABT chipped software it will get 680-700HP and little more modifications it can get to 750-800HP... new RS6 is a beast, is the best Quattro power can get to this world. You don't even think what is capable the new RS6. I will desperate waiting to drive it this year as all the forum need that. RS6 ROCK THE STREET!:rs6kiss:

So explain to me why THIS G-power M5 does 340 KM/H

Do some research before speaking out of pure ignorance.

IhateRWD
February 20th, 2008, 20:44
just do your search and see the test on autobild and then will talk about!all tuned M5 are not capable of more than 330km/h even the one with 800HP for 400.000 euro's:)))only an idiot could pay that cash for a stupid car like M5 when you can get an Lambo or 911 or R8 and modify it. I saw today even loosers who are telling when they've saw the new A4 Avant that it looks very close to 3 series touring...:doh: i told you that i have only loosers here in my country where Audi is selling more than BMW+Mercedes each and those who don't afford any premium car are just talking about how to have a BMW to make drifts and be "cool"...Jesus Christ, i think i wanna move from this country and go somewhere else because i am disgusted by those persons and idiots like them... and when i post something i post it after i research that so don't talk again mr m3.

[M3noDRFT]
February 20th, 2008, 20:54
lol Mr. M3. Thanks I like that. So, in (your) conclusion people with RWD cars are stupid. Whether they are driving a Diablo, Enzo, M6, GT3, Supra, C6 Z06....anything- we're all a waste of life, I mean..this is basically what you are saying? lol. Ok, here is my conclusion. My VERT, which as you probably know is much less rigid then the coupe form- can easily...I mean, EASILY outhandle S4s...which in my cars case is the in the same territory- for the fact that B5 RS4s NEVER came to the U.S.....B6 S4s have easy drive-ability but handle like focking trash.

But NVM, I'm the idiot that bought the BMW to do donuts. Thats literally why every RWD car is created- to DO DONUTS. Thats it. I mean there is NO handling accessed when those cars come to mind.

I see why I've got a couple PMs warning me about you. I don't see how a person can get banned from a forum then return. You really like TALKING about cars. Put your money where your mouth is, and go order the new RS6 :). Then come destroy my car on the highway and curves (which you will if you can drive) then I'll stop talking, although till then...just stay quiet.

IhateRWD
February 21st, 2008, 07:48
i will put my money hopelly this year to an S/RS and i will demonstrate u that i can drive. i'm not an idiot at all. and the other thing is that i respect Aston Martin,Porsche,Ferrari without BMW as RWD cars because they know how an LSD must work on a sportscars, but when BMW is putting LSD on M cars just destroy the feeling of safety and handlling. If BMW would assume and work only for doing performance cars and never ever thing about donutz they will put the best LSD and the BMW will grow up in my eyes, but since the reality is otherwise... even the Mercedes are having little trouble with the traction vs BMW. I don't know who is producing the LSD of the beemers but that company must be a sh....e one! I would like also to see an M with 4WD, it would probably change how the cars handlle. The best cars i would buy with RWD will be only Porsche because of the back engine putting fat heavy kg and the wheels don't spin always, that's a great think and for fun i would choose an Aston Martin which i adore them. Ferrari are the best for RWD traction, i don't know how limited sleep diff they are putting on their cars but are not spinning the tyres like a lunatic and that's eficient for sportscars!I would buy an Audi when i will can and hope to meet you sometime and do not only drag races but driving in a very twisted roads.

tonsberg31
February 21st, 2008, 12:22
i will put my money hopelly this year to an S/RS and i will demonstrate u that i can drive. i'm not an idiot at all. and the other thing is that i respect Aston Martin,Porsche,Ferrari without BMW as RWD cars because they know how an LSD must work on a sportscars, but when BMW is putting LSD on M cars just destroy the feeling of safety and handlling. If BMW would assume and work only for doing performance cars and never ever thing about donutz they will put the best LSD and the BMW will grow up in my eyes, but since the reality is otherwise... even the Mercedes are having little trouble with the traction vs BMW. I don't know who is producing the LSD of the beemers but that company must be a sh....e one! I would like also to see an M with 4WD, it would probably change how the cars handlle. The best cars i would buy with RWD will be only Porsche because of the back engine putting fat heavy kg and the wheels don't spin always, that's a great think and for fun i would choose an Aston Martin which i adore them. Ferrari are the best for RWD traction, i don't know how limited sleep diff they are putting on their cars but are not spinning the tyres like a lunatic and that's eficient for sportscars!I would buy an Audi when i will can and hope to meet you sometime and do not only drag races but driving in a very twisted roads.

Has Walter Rörl moved to Romania??????

IhateRWD
February 21st, 2008, 15:29
i never ever compared to the mighty walter rorl but i am driving with my brain not my balls and i will always learn something from good drivers. i was just demonstrating him how awfull is the LSD from M cars vs Porsche Mercedes Ferrari Aston etc.

Leadfoot
February 21st, 2008, 15:51
IhateRWD,

Your opinion of M-diff is wrong, but then again everyone else on this forum already knows you to be wrong. The problem doesn't lay with the diff but more with their belief that 50/50 weight split is the optimum setup. The rest of the sportscar establishment believe the optimum is 46/54 bias to the rear and on this I wholeheartedly agree. If anything M-diff is making the best of a bad job and doing so bloody brilliantly.

Please learn a little bit know on the subject before dissing something you clearly have little or no knowledge of, this would be a good lesson on how to gain respect from your fellow members. :cheers:

KarlMarx
February 21st, 2008, 15:56
And so speaketh the Mighty Leadie. :bow::bow::bow:

Hear ye well, young IhateRWD, hear ye well... :nana:

gjg
February 21st, 2008, 16:18
IhateRWD,

Your opinion of M-diff is wrong, but then again everyone else on this forum already knows you to be wrong. The problem doesn't lay with the diff but more with their belief that 50/50 weight split is the optimum setup. The rest of the sportscar establishment believe the optimum is 46/54 bias to the rear and on this I wholeheartedly agree. If anything M-diff is making the best of a bad job and doing so bloody brilliantly.

Please learn a little bit know on the subject before dissing something you clearly have little or no knowledge of, this would be a good lesson on how to gain respect from your fellow members. :cheers:

that's why u put 4 pc 50 kg concrete bags in trunk of Lada to achieve 46/54 bias ..... :applause:

Leadfoot
February 21st, 2008, 16:27
that's why u put 4 pc 50 kg concrete bags in trunk of Lada to achieve 46/54 bias ..... :applause:

Actually on any previous BMWs I owned I also put a pile of blocks in the boot when the snow appeared, so I know exactly what you mean.

IhateRWD
February 22nd, 2008, 12:21
so who's right?BMW with their "precious" 50/50 or Audi with 4WD with 54/46? I know the best is the R8 with 44/56 but when we are talking about real life and not mid-engines cars (which bmw doesn't have) what is the best?!Because i know that RS4 handdles better than M3 and even vs M5 and the steering feel is even better on RS4, also the new RS6 will handlle quite well excluding the big fat mass but the power is very good split 40/60 like RS6 and i think even the 58/42 mass distribution is very well indeed. I know bmw have almost 50/50 BUT they have RWD and the power could not get down very easy that's why i appreciate how it handlles much more the RS4 and RS6 vs M3 and M5. As you said on BMW doesn't have much weight to push to the differential on the back axle so Audi is kicking it on traction and stability. And as we all know the "bmw fans" complain that RS's are understeering a little BUT you just take the leg from the throttle and the car is neutral in every corner so what's the deal now?I always will prefer an 4WD fast car and understeer car than an RWD and oversteer car. Oh well...that's just me:)

Pit
February 22nd, 2008, 18:50
The C6 RS6 will blow the doors off the E60 M5. A C5 RS6 with a chip and full exhaust will walk from an E60 M5 all day so what makes you think the C6 RS6 wont
Sorry. A tuned C5RS6 is can only follow (!) the E39M5. A E60 disappears ....

Pit.

Leadfoot
February 22nd, 2008, 19:35
Sorry. A tuned C5RS6 is can only follow (!) the E39M5. A E60 disappears ....

Pit.

This statement baffles me.:vhmmm:

I raced an E39 M5 with my stock S4v8 and things were all square up to 120mph at which point traffic stopped the excitement. I'm not saying that the M5 wouldn't have left me after this point but they (E39 M5) are as quick as you clear think they are. At least stock in any case.

Never raced a RS6 so don't know if my S4 just happens to be a quick one but I never got beat against a number of other quick cars which included 3 M3s (one being the brother-in-law's) and a Cayman S.

Pit
February 22nd, 2008, 20:14
The S4V8 has no chance vs E39M5.

We raced an E39M5 vs ABTC5RS6 (Avant) vs D2W12.

0-160 km/h is the M5 the slowest, Audis were equal.

160-240 km/h is the RS6 slowest, M5 and W12 are similar

Above 240 W12 is the fastest.

We've a video about it, but sorry - cant post it.

We wondered about the RS6, but the dealer told us that
It was a good going one...

Maybe aerodynamic problems? The RS6 is a very fast car, but not to
compare with a E60M5..

Pit.

IhateRWD
February 22nd, 2008, 20:19
as are the statements of the videos where E36M5 vs C5 RS6 on Autobahn at youtube and RS6 just leave an M5 easly as the new RS6 will leave to death an RS6. The same happended to the m3 E60 vs old RS4 B6 where RS4 beat the crap of him, as the new M3 was beaten again by the RS4 B7 (and actually new M3 compets with RS4 B8) and the other thing is that the M3 Saloon will be the rival of an RS4 saloon not an coupe vs an saloon (that's crap) and as we all know that and "mighty" M3 E92 saloon is doing 4.9s to 62 for an 3 YEARS time to make a better car than the RS4 B7...and bigger difference is between MR E93 Cabriolet vs RS4 Cabriolet which is 0.5s quicker the RS4!I just wait the drag races test of M5 E60 vs RS6 C6 Saloon and M5 E60 touring vs RS6 C6 Avant and then someone will talk again...
p.s. as i know for sure when you see an RS4 B7 beaten by M3 E92 driven by m3post.com YOU DON'T TRUST THAT, the RS4 has another league of driving and is not for every driver experience to take it tot the limits because RS4 actually beat for good an M3 E92...let the facts speak for themselves!

Pit
February 22nd, 2008, 20:32
I just wait the drag races test of M5 E60 vs RS6 C6 Saloon and M5 E60 touring vs RS6 C6 Avant and then someone will talk again... agree!

But...i had not spoken about YOUTUBE or GTBoard/ M5/ M6Board-Videos...

Self driven, several times against each other... in order to convince myself

Pit

Pit
February 22nd, 2008, 20:57
here you can see the audis...

Rutkowsky
February 22nd, 2008, 22:58
as are the statements of the videos where E36M5 vs C5 RS6 on Autobahn at youtube and RS6 just leave an M5 easly as the new RS6 will leave to death an RS6. The same happended to the m3 E60 vs old RS4 B6 where RS4 beat the crap of him, as the new M3 was beaten again by the RS4 B7 (and actually new M3 compets with RS4 B8) and the other thing is that the M3 Saloon will be the rival of an RS4 saloon not an coupe vs an saloon (that's crap) and as we all know that and "mighty" M3 E92 saloon is doing 4.9s to 62 for an 3 YEARS time to make a better car than the RS4 B7...and bigger difference is between MR E93 Cabriolet vs RS4 Cabriolet which is 0.5s quicker the RS4!I just wait the drag races test of M5 E60 vs RS6 C6 Saloon and M5 E60 touring vs RS6 C6 Avant and then someone will talk again...
p.s. as i know for sure when you see an RS4 B7 beaten by M3 E92 driven by m3post.com YOU DON'T TRUST THAT, the RS4 has another league of driving and is not for every driver experience to take it tot the limits because RS4 actually beat for good an M3 E92...let the facts speak for themselves!

Is it just me or what but i just cannot take this language/style of writing anymore!
Can you at least get cars code names right. E60 - 5 series and RS4 B6? :vhmmm: Tooo much youtube mate, too much but anyway, what do you make of this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVJZ55YpTv0&feature=related

Boosted-Bora
February 22nd, 2008, 23:15
so I wanted to stay quiet but I can no longer do so

IhateRWD

WTF is a E36 M5, M3 E92 saloon, E60 M3 and a B6 RS4

M5= E28,E34,E39 or E60
M3 Saloon= E36 or E90
M3 Coupe= E30,E36, E46, or E93
RS4= B5 or B7

I have no Fuck!n idea where you get your info but a lot of your sh!t is false and mostly opinionated please leave with this senseless nonsense to the other forums where people like to hear this stuff. I think I speak for the whole RS6.com community when I say please stop posting and go away.

Rutkowsky
February 22nd, 2008, 23:33

IhateRWD

M5= E28,E34,E39 or E60
M3 Saloon= E36 or E90
RS4= B5 or B7

I have no Fuck!n idea where you get your info but a lot of your sh!t is false and mostly opinionated please leave with this senseless nonsense to the other forums where people like to hear this stuff. I think I speak for the whole RS6.com community when I say please stop posting and go away.

Plus two! :thumb:

Pit
February 22nd, 2008, 23:38
this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVJZ55YpTv0&feature=relatedKnow of this video. Is it representative?

Pit

artur777
February 23rd, 2008, 00:31

IhateRWD

M5= E28,E34,E39 or E60
M3 Saloon= E36 or E90
RS4= B5 or B7

Plus one!

cornishmoocher
February 23rd, 2008, 06:41
Plus one!

I am not a nasty person, but even to me this person is now grating my nerves. :eye:

Plus one.

cornishmoocher
February 23rd, 2008, 06:46
BTW, raced a 911s2 (?? 55 plate) this morning on the way home, either he chickened out at 1??mph or my RS6 is quite quick! Had the road angel up to 1??mph!

Rutkowsky
February 23rd, 2008, 07:49
RS6 is quicer than 911 C2S, mine was :p

Rutkowsky
February 23rd, 2008, 07:53
and e92 M3 M-DCT is 4.6 0-62mph

cornishmoocher
February 23rd, 2008, 08:10
As close as i can measure my 6 is 4.5sec 0-60mph. (MTM 500hp). they say 4.3 but How much quicker does it REALLY need to be? 4.5 leaves standing most Saxo's and pugs with BIG exhausts and tyres and stereos that cost more than the cars and are driven by spotty yoofs who wear the caps on the wrong way round!!:D :D :D

Pit
February 23rd, 2008, 08:29
RS6 is quicer than 911 C2S, mine was :p996 = yes, 997 = no :bye:

IhateRWD
February 23rd, 2008, 10:48
i am not a fan of BMW at all(you already know that) i don't know exatly the stupid codes that M Power cars have so don't blame me for that. I will say old M5 vs old RS6C5 and old M3 vs old RS4 B6...is that right now? And if you all saw those very objective videos where old M vs old RS drag races you will see that i am right!I do not give a damn about "mighty bmw handlling" cause doesn't matter when Audi are kicking them o drag races and on corners. I never have been in situation of loosing control in an RS vs an M where you allways are at the limit of grip.

Leadfoot
February 23rd, 2008, 11:32
Pit,

You say that a B6 S4 isn't capable of working with a E39 M5 and to be honest I thought the very same until I actually raced one and found different. I know my S4 might have been better than some others of the breed and the M5 might have been under the weather but I can only comment on what I experienced.

But what do you make of the other cars in the list. ;)

P.S.

As for IhatRWD, what a knob. :lovl: As I have already advised, research is recommended especially if you want to be taken serious.

tvrfan
February 23rd, 2008, 11:53
i am not a fan of BMW at all(you already know that) i don't know exatly the stupid codes that M Power cars have so don't blame me for that. I will say old M5 vs old RS6C5 and old M3 vs old RS4 B6...is that right now? And if you all saw those very objective videos where old M vs old RS drag races you will see that i am right!I do not give a damn about "mighty bmw handlling" cause doesn't matter when Audi are kicking them o drag races and on corners. I never have been in situation of loosing control in an RS vs an M where you allways are at the limit of grip.

OMG please "i hate RWD" informate you before you write something!

THERE IS NO B6 RS4. Theres just a B7 RS4! ! ! :doh:

IhateRWD
February 23rd, 2008, 12:42
those "stupid" videos where made for showing that M cars are faster?When?When S/RS cars are not moving? Man i have researched every single thing about this cars and i am sure, very sure like old RS kicked M cars so are the new RS vs M cars. I don't give a damn about weight or wtf M fans are saying, when you put power to the ground and humiliate an M on drag races and Nurbugring that's all that counts!I wasn't talking about S4 VS OLD M3 but RS4 VS OLD M3 (do not compare S4 with M3 because of the power, RS cars are the rivals for M cars), i was talking only about RS vs M where RS ALWAYS WIN.

tvrfan
February 23rd, 2008, 12:50
omg your bloody audi guy :stick: :brag:

audi_ch
February 23rd, 2008, 15:30
Sport Auto

announce on the 28 of march the compairing test betwen rs6 and m5 touring.

But following to rumors m5 touring was quicker at higher speed, but rs6 was quicker out from standing, with an easier driver handling.

I think at the end counts what you whant what you prefer.

Both car really great

IhateRWD
February 23rd, 2008, 15:52
i will definitively we all see the test and for me ONLY the accelerations times counts, i don't care about mass, "handlling", oversteering or "fun", fun is in the corners nothing elsewere...

Radiation Joe
February 23rd, 2008, 18:00
i will definitively we all see the test and for me ONLY the accelerations times counts, i don't care about mass, "handlling", oversteering or "fun", fun is in the corners nothing elsewere...

Please. Do not spoil the forum for the rest of us. This is a forum where owners of RS6 automobiles can discuss relevant issues. Your comments are not only unwelcome, they are spectacularly ignorant.

Think about what you have been posting and come back with a more mature perspective. You will be welcome.

Cheers.

tvrfan
February 23rd, 2008, 18:15
Sport Auto

announce on the 28 of march the compairing test betwen rs6 and m5 touring.

But following to rumors m5 touring was quicker at higher speed, but rs6 was quicker out from standing, with an easier driver handling.

I think at the end counts what you whant what you prefer.

Both car really great

i thought that myself, but to see thats true hurts much. i know RS6 weights more than M5 and the quattro eats power himself on higher speed. but with 73PS more and that torque. i dont know what audi needs to build to be faster than the M5. maybe RS6 with 650 PS to stay even with the 507PS M5??? :nana:

Pit
February 23rd, 2008, 18:28
I actually raced one and found different. I know my S4 might have been better than some others

So, Leadie, your S4 must be exeptionaly good one... even better than
a B5RS4 (stock!).... maybe with the B7RS4 engine ? What do you have
tuned on it ? :hahahehe:

By the way... i love Audis too - but i found a way to reality and you will
also leave your "M47R1X" borrowing a E39M5 from the first best dealer
and test it. :race:

Greetz ! :cheers:

Never forget : Love makes blind!

Pit
February 23rd, 2008, 18:36
i thought that myself, but to see thats true hurts much don't worry. Sport Auto isn't very Audi friendly. Lets wait for
more tests!

AND : Just don't think the most RS6 remains stock!

Pit.

Boosted-Bora
February 23rd, 2008, 19:49
i am not a fan of BMW at all(you already know that) i don't know exactly the stupid codes that M Power cars have so don't blame me for that. I will say old M5 vs old RS6C5 and old M3 vs old RS4 B6...is that right now?

Ok so your not BMW fan all that is fine and I understand that but Can you please either refer to a B5 or B7 RS4 and not a B6 as that doesn't exist. You claim to be an Audi "fan" but don't even know the proper codes and names of our flagship vehicles. Please just leave us here because arguing over the internet when I am 4000 miles away from you is completely and utterly useless.

As for IhatRWD, what a knob. :lovl: As I have already advised, research is recommended especially if you want to be taken serious.

I stand by leadie all the way on this

:deal: read before you argue

IhateRWD
February 23rd, 2008, 20:17
i know everything about models with single frame, because i am a fan of those so those codes don't have a meaning for me just the model that's it!i have the power to forget something that i don't need in my mind and the only cars i love are single frame one's, also the old one's but i am fan of futuristic design's that's why i love the SF Audi cars. so we are talkin about RS4 B7, RS6 C6,S5 B8,etc. Everything that's old for me doesn't mean a thing, i only needed to do an observation about RS vs M!

Leadfoot
February 23rd, 2008, 20:35
IhateRWD,

Enthusiasm is great when it's combined with intelligent discussions and knowledgeable information, without it all we have is the rants of incoherent gibberish.

Sorry if this is too blunt for you but I am trying to help you see the errors of your ways, young Skywalker. :brag:

Rutkowsky
February 23rd, 2008, 20:37
a true Audi fan has spoken..

Leadfoot
February 23rd, 2008, 20:40
a true Audi fan has spoken..

Thanks, but it needed to be said.

P.S.

When's the M3 coming, I think you already told me but my memory escape me, DCT isn't it. That would place delivery sometime after June, right. :thumb:

skiwi
February 23rd, 2008, 20:41
i would like to think that this forum is for those who have owned, are owning, or will own an rs6. clearly it is not something any of us want to enforce, and so, quite rightly, it is "all welcome".

but i would like to think it is *not* a home for fanboys. because once 1 turns up (1haterwd), others are sure to follow.

and the signal/noise ratio will never recover.

moderators????

Rutkowsky
February 23rd, 2008, 21:11
Thanks, but it needed to be said.

P.S.

When's the M3 coming, I think you already told me but my memory escape me, DCT isn't it. That would place delivery sometime after June, right. :thumb:

But the one i really want is new RS6.. :cheers:

Leadfoot
February 23rd, 2008, 21:34
But the one i really want is new RS6.. :cheers:

I understand why you like the RS6, who wouldn't but me personally I am waiting to see what the TT/RS and RS5 are to be like as either one of these are more suited to my requirements.

IhateRWD
February 24th, 2008, 11:56
i had always been an Audi fan and this year probably i will have a chance to work as dealer because of my fanatism and i want that my first job to be on Audi. Here i have respect because of my fanatism of Audi and other cars and friends actually call me to ask about something they don't know about cars. If had some mistakes appologize me but i am HUMAN and all human have mistakes. p.s. why i like Audi?Because i can go faster and faster without loosing any control or getting fear to do more and more, quattro is the way, so what that is 120kg heavier than any RWD car?!when you have an quattro you just go faster and never depend on weather and tht's hot!
p.s. who cares that in this moment i don't own an S/RS Audi? I am 21 years old for God sake and i am still a student, sorry for not being a son of an arabian billionare to own one... God men give me a break with those posts, we are just talking here! I will have my own fast Audi when i will work, this year after gradutation, so don't botter to evaluate me and what i own and what i'm not. But i will have sooner or later and Audi and i will show you that i'm not an idiot and i know to drive fast and safe and never be an asshole to anybody. Coupe's are my life and hope to own an A5 or S5, or even an TT (but the TT seems to small for my size) so please again and again do not blame me for my ironic posts. My heart is all for Audi and yes i am one of the biggest fans...
And another thing how old are you Audi RS owners?30-40?At that age i will change a lot of Audi's, i'm young and have time to earn money to buy S/RS Audi's!

Rutkowsky
February 24th, 2008, 13:48
:vgrumpy:
Fanatisism equals lunatisism to me and that's how i percieve your posts so far. I mean, you're a university student and all you hope for is to be a sales man in Audi dealership? You don't want much, do you? Unless of course you are doing a degree in washing Audi cars and you need some work experience! :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
Even your 'Ihaterwd' name is amuzing, considering the fact that you like GT3 or Ferraris. Also, a true Audi fan, won't EVER get model code names wrong!
You probably have never driven S/RS/M/AMG or anything high performance, just had a ride in your friends cars. Any corner at any speeds at any weather in quattro, right? I hope i will never share a road with you!! You posts are full of lies and misinformation. All you do is work me up and waste my time looking at active threads.
You come across as very immature so Is my theory right that, you are actually 16 - 18 year old? Too much enthusiasm, too much youtube and too much dealer visits, just to admire cars. My final conclusion - You are just a 16 year old dreamer with a nasty attitude
P.S. And what was this talk over a year ago of a deal going bad and you not being able to afford RS4 cabrio? Did Audi hand car wash department turn your application down? Just a dreamer :jlol:

blue_r
February 24th, 2008, 15:43
i had always been an Audi fan and this year probably i will have a chance to work as dealer because of my fanatism and i want that my first job to be on Audi. Here i have respect because of my fanatism of Audi and other cars and friends actually call me to ask about something they don't know about cars. If had some mistakes appologize me but i am HUMAN and all human have mistakes. p.s. why i like Audi?Because i can go faster and faster without loosing any control or getting fear to do more and more, quattro is the way, so what that is 120kg heavier than any RWD car?!when you have an quattro you just go faster and never depend on weather and tht's hot!
p.s. who cares that in this moment i don't own an S/RS Audi? I am 21 years old for God sake and i am still a student, sorry for not being a son of an arabian billionare to own one... God men give me a break with those posts, we are just talking here! I will have my own fast Audi when i will work, this year after gradutation, so don't botter to evaluate me and what i own and what i'm not. But i will have sooner or later and Audi and i will show you that i'm not an idiot and i know to drive fast and safe and never be an asshole to anybody. Coupe's are my life and hope to own an A5 or S5, or even an TT (but the TT seems to small for my size) so please again and again do not blame me for my ironic posts. My heart is all for Audi and yes i am one of the biggest fans...
And another thing how old are you Audi RS owners?30-40?At that age i will change a lot of Audi's, i'm young and have time to earn money to buy S/RS Audi's!

you know what... if you really are a 21 yr old student, then i can say i am about your same age... we know for a fact that you are indeed an Audi fan because all of us here in this forum are Audi fans too... but hey, we are adults here... nobody needs a child stating a comment on his toy car... do you get me..??? just like leadie said,

Enthusiasm is great when it's combined with intelligent discussions and knowledgeable information, without it all we have is the rants of incoherent gibberish.

IhateRWD, i do understand you... but please try to understand that "pictures are different from the actual ones"... hope you understand that...:)

Boosted-Bora
February 24th, 2008, 17:41
You know what "IHATERWD" I am 20 and have had my RS since I was 19 I pay for it my self and maintain it my self so age is no excuse, you pursue what you really want, and go get it bottom line. Use your brain for good, go start a business or internet site and go get your own RS/S car. Don't say you have to be a son of a rich family to have a nice car at a young age because I did it on my own, so once again you are proven wrong and your ignorance shown.

P.S. You age does not justify you ignorance I am younger then you and have more knowledge and respect for myself (and others) then to come on this forum and talk like an inconsiderate juvenile. Also just to clear one thing up just because you go to the dealer to look at cars or view them over the net and "LOVE" the brand so much you dont know what it is to "love" a car until you actually own it and drive it at will.

Then and only then can you consider yourself a true fan of any brand.

Enough said

Cheers, Drew

Radiation Joe
February 24th, 2008, 18:13
I have a different perspective on our new troll.

I don't mind that he's young, doesn't own an RS6 or can't afford one. Disparaging comments along those lines are elitist in my opinion.

What really gets me spun up are the arguements he makes as to why an Audi is a superior car to (name your mark). Having owned a large variety of cars, I appreciate the differences between them. Our young troll hasn't recognized that every car out there has strengths and weaknesses.

The best car I've owned (in my opinion) was my 1990 Ford Taurus SHO which I kept for 12 years as my daily driver. I'm currently driving the RS6 (love it; had it for two years and am ready to sell it) and an e46 M3 (3.5 years with no sign of selling) which in my book is second out of respect only to the SHO.

I am currently living in the far north of the US and deal with sub zero temps, snow and ice on a daily basis. The RS with winter tires is very competent in these conditions, but I have no qualms about driving RWD with snow tires in these same conditions. And please don't flame me on this one, but I'll take a RWD BMW over an AWD Audi any day when it comes to going fast on the street or on the track. It's the chassis set up and not the number of powered wheels that determines how well a car performs in all but the very worst conditions.

Don't get me wrong, I love Audi. Even if the RS6 goes bye bye soon, I'm looking forward to my A8 or S8. Won't even consider a BMW or M/B in that class. The reason an RS4 isn't on my list is that I know it can't compete (performance wise) with the 4 yr old M3 in my garage. This is first hand knowledge, not car mag drivel.

I will now get off my soapbox. Thanks for reading this far.

Cheers,
Joe

http://mydrive.roadfly.com/photos/pic.php?u=112690mPbG4&i=6486

IhateRWD
February 24th, 2008, 18:34
i will try to make money but legally and always will do something with my ideas and my brain and use it wise and usefull so don't botter to tell me what to do, i'm not a fan of sites, that's not a bussiness for me, i will do what i know and what's best for me and own an S/RS car in the near future. And here in RO you can only steal or work your ass years for a stupid boss to earn big money. So who has money here are the people who rob the state and don't pay taxes or just had been born with a lot of cash!We have the best cars in the world here BECAUSE OF THE PEOPLE WHO STEAL!I will never be that kind of man...so i will earn some legal money for my future Audi!

Radiation Joe
February 24th, 2008, 19:16
... But i will have sooner or later and Audi and i will show you that i'm not an idiot and i know to drive fast and safe and never be an asshole to anybody. ...

This reminds me of a very sobering thread I read recently on one of the BMW forums.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=111454&page=2

See post #28
That kid is now deceased along with 4 of his friends. Quite spectacularly, I might add. It is VERY VERY important that parents read that thread through to the end.

AWD would not have helped.

The aftermath:
http://www.ocala.com/article/20080126/BREAKING_NEWS/30775910/1053/BREAKING_NEWS

We should always try to guide the younger folk down a responsible path.

Rutkowsky
February 24th, 2008, 20:28
I have a different perspective on our new troll.

I don't mind that he's young, doesn't own an RS6 or can't afford one. Disparaging comments along those lines are elitist in my opinion.

What really gets me spun up are the arguements he makes as to why an Audi is a superior car to (name your mark). Having owned a large variety of cars, I appreciate the differences between them. Our young troll hasn't recognized that every car out there has strengths and weaknesses.

The best car I've owned (in my opinion) was my 1990 Ford Taurus SHO which I kept for 12 years as my daily driver. I'm currently driving the RS6 (love it; had it for two years and am ready to sell it) and an e46 M3 (3.5 years with no sign of selling) which in my book is second out of respect only to the SHO.

I am currently living in the far north of the US and deal with sub zero temps, snow and ice on a daily basis. The RS with winter tires is very competent in these conditions, but I have no qualms about driving RWD with snow tires in these same conditions. And please don't flame me on this one, but I'll take a RWD BMW over an AWD Audi any day when it comes to going fast on the street or on the track. It's the chassis set up and not the number of powered wheels that determines how well a car performs in all but the very worst conditions.

Don't get me wrong, I love Audi. Even if the RS6 goes bye bye soon, I'm looking forward to my A8 or S8. Won't even consider a BMW or M/B in that class. The reason an RS4 isn't on my list is that I know it can't compete (performance wise) with the 4 yr old M3 in my garage. This is first hand knowledge, not car mag drivel.

Cheers,
Joe

http://mydrive.roadfly.com/photos/pic.php?u=112690mPbG4&i=6486

Awesome combination of cars!

Radiation Joe
February 24th, 2008, 21:02
Awesome combination of cars!

Thanks.

The 4wd F250 rounds out the stable nicely with its utilitarianism and 10 mpg.

AndyRS6ABT
March 14th, 2008, 13:26

Cheers,
Joe

I realy wish I could have kept my E46 M3 in Estoril blue and given it to the mrs. But I just simply couldnt justify at this time in my life running the two cars. Having to choose between the two of them in a morning could = alot of late arrivals into the office!

Just for my opinion, cannot agree with the above, my M3 went to a good friend of mine and we have had numerous tussles since my recent purchase. My M3 had a cat back system and ECU tune, The RS6 has ABT pack so 505bhp (out of the box possibly less now) with no other tuning. I admit my friend is a better driver, done far more track days than me and more experienced. When I am driving the RS6 I can beat the M3 from the line and around the roads near me (not by miles but I am quicker). When my mate drives the RS6 it just walks away from me in the M3.

I love the M3 and it was certainaly up their with cars I respect and have owned, but in my experience it is not faster than a nicely set up RS6

Just my experience thats all.

Cheers Andy :cheers:

Tom C
March 14th, 2008, 14:05
all i can say is we will see and unless the rs6 comes to the states my argument is null in void as the m5 will still be the king of the road (here at least):doh: :noshake: :cry:

Drew:

M5 king of the road??? I can think of a few more cars with a stronger claim to the throne (I have one in particular in mind).:hihi:

It was great meeting you the other night. I hope to see you around again.

Tom

gjg
March 14th, 2008, 21:46

experience .... :jlol: , as a matter of fact with standard 100 oct Shell V-Power pump fuel ..... btdt, not just once.... :wo:

gjg
March 14th, 2008, 21:50
I never got a chance to chip RS6, as i didn't have it long enough. I am sure a chipped RS6 would give e60 M5 a run for its money up to certain (high) speeds but on an all out acceleration, i'd bet my money on M5. But i know what you mean :cheers:

you'd loose ... :cheers: